PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revisiting 2011 NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in "War Room" that Belichick would have considered DAL LT Tyron Smith (#9 overall) with the top pick in the entire draft, that's how high he was on him. Personally, I don't believe that Solder can hold Smith's jock strap (not that he'd want to), although as you've said--he fit a need and had size.

I've never understood why we didn't take Mo Wilkerson at the end of the first round, since he can play inside/outside and has everything that BB has typically looked for in that type of size/position.

Don't get me started about mo. Being a temple alum, i witnessed first hand his greatness. He was gonna be the next Seymour. Too bad.

Solder a top 5 LT? I think most would disagree with you. Evidence does not support This

All the evidence indicates the Patriots think he is. {shrugs}

I've never understood why we didn't take Mo Wilkerson at the end of the first round, since he can play inside/outside and has everything that BB has typically looked for in that type of size/position.

Chandler Jones and Vereen was a pretty nice haul.

It looks like the post was deleted but where has all of the Shane Vereen hate come from recently? You realize he had ELEVEN catches in the Super Bowl right? He played out his rookie deal, did some good things for us in the process and moved on.

It looks like the post was deleted but where has all of the Shane Vereen hate come from recently? You realize he had ELEVEN catches in the Super Bowl right? He played out his rookie deal, did some good things for us in the process and moved on.
Shane left us. We gave birth to him. We cleaned his cuts and kissed his boo-boos. We put him though college. We were his shoulder to cry on. He moved out of the house and doesn't need us anymore.

God forbid players leave in FA for more money.

Sheesh.

My take on the Solder pick:

- The team needed to find its next left tackle.
- A good long-term starting left tackle is an excellent use of a #17 overall pick.
- Starting at #17, the Patriots had their choice of a group of OTs with little popular consensus about their ranking: Nate Solder, Anthony Castonzo, James Carpenter, Gabe Carimi, Derek Sharrod. All were drafted in round 1.
- Solder has turned out to be the best of the group, and a good long-term starter.
- Therefore, Solder was an excellent draft pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back