PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis vs. Calvin Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Revis does go 1 on 1 with megtron, I'm sure it won't be for the whole game. BB seems to like to keep the opposing offense guessing, I'm sure we'll see Browner covering him at times as well.

The defense will mix and match dependent on the situation, it is best to keep Stafford off balance along with the receivers....

But if you like here is a direct line to Patricia/BB:):)

images

Apologies if this was already posted but looks like Megatron might be at less than full strength on Sunday.

Johnson suffered an elbow injury Sunday that left him sitting in the training room about 15 minutes after most of his teammates had left the locker room following the Detroit Lions' 14-6 loss to the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium.

It's unclear when in the game the injury occurred, and Johnson said it didn't affect his performance on the field and shouldn't be an issue going forward.

"I'll be all right," he said.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/11/16/calvin-johnson-injuries/19151879/

I have also heard that Megatron won't be 100% on Sunday. If we can take him out of the equation for the most part, I like our chances- lets face it, Stafford has a ton of potential but he makes alot of bad decisions and with our secondary, I sense some interceptions and alot of bad decisions on his part.

I wouldn't treat Megatron like I would Demaryius Thomas. Revis needs to be on Johnson manned up the entire game. Stick Dennard or Arrignton on Tate and give them McCourty up top. Browner on Ebron seems around right.

can you leave revis on him one on one?

Yes 100%. Revis is physical with great footwork and speed. I think Revis will blanket him all game if he is on him. Saying that, Megatron will get some catches, because of his size and physical nature, but it will be something like 4/50

As good as Revis is, I can't see how a 6' corner will cover the best 6'5" receiver in the league.... I think Browner with a safety over the top is a better option.

As good as Revis is, I can't see how a 6' corner will cover the best 6'5" receiver in the league.... I think Browner with a safety over the top is a better option.

That's just ridiculous.

Revis has done work on Johnson in the past, they've both aged the same since 2010 and Revis is much healthier right now playing some amazing football.

Browners face will be on a milk carton after the game if he's on Calvin. You see what Fleener did to him on 2 or 3 double moves? Now imagine someone who runs/ran a 4.3 doing that to him. The safety better be on his A game for 60 minutes if Browner is lined up on Megatron.

Completely disagree. Browner may have better size than Revis for covering Johnson. But Johnson has more in his game than just size. He is a very good route runner and he is fast. Two areas, especially the first one, where Revis beats out Browner by far. I'd rather have Revis right glued to Johnson and force Stafford to make perfect high throws that Revis can't reach (not that easy to throw or catch those). Instead of having Browner on him where there will be a bunch more passing opportunities just because Johnson can run away from Browner because of his speed and routes.

Revis is so much better than Browner and it isn't even close and Revis has shown that he can cover Megatron.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be shocked if Revis is on Golden Tate, not Megatron.

I expect it.

Let Browner with his size, backed up by a Safety, man handle Megatron. While Revis handles the 5'10" shrimp with the Golden fleece. That leaves plenty of players to harrass the Lion TEs, who can't provide enough scoring to stay with the Patriots.

It will be a reprise of the Broncos demolition game against Demarius Thomas, shrimp Manny, and Justin Thomas.

12 million dollar CB are paid for moments like this. Let Revis cover Megatron and show his worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News