PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis Contract disagreement?.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy ****! So you are saying the Patriots are holding Darelle in place by chaining him up in the bowels of Gillette?

Now I see why he's so upset.

Even worse. Trapped alone on a dismal sandbar off of Nantucket, and left with nothing except tape of the Super Bowl and a bonus highlight package of the 2014 Jets campaign, Darrelle Revis learned the true meaning of having his own island.

It all makes sense that Revis would be pissed. You just have to accept that the Patriots used erasable ink for the contract, then changed the option date after Revis signed it, and that the NFL then allowed the revised contract, and imposed a gag order, over Revis' strident objections.
You see, what's really interesting in all this is that Revis NEVER MEANT to sign with New England. It was all part of a great deception; unfortunately, somewhere between Tampa and New York the true papers were shredded, evidence was disposed of, and signatures were forged.

No news in that story. The second year has been $20 million all along with a $5 million signing bonus. If anybody thinks there's a surprise in this for Revis or his agent, they weren't paying attention when the deal was signed. The main thing now is the time frame. Just a few weeks left to hammer this out and set the dominoes loose on other deals.

It sure would be nice to know what draft pick the Patriots will receive for Woody's ham-handed tampering with Revis. The Jets #1 would be the #6 pick in 2015 NFL Draft.

McCourty's brother has been talking about bringing Devin McCourty to Tennessee. Isn't that tampering? l. Tennessee, picking at #2 overall should fofeit that pick to the Patriots as well. What would Belichick do with #2, #6, and #32 in the first round?

There's a $25 million penalty if Revis isn't released or renegotiated in a couple months. Whatever happens Revis gets $5 million guaranteed on top of the $7 million he earned from 2014, which adds up to the $13 million 1yr deal which was originally reported but then revealed to be $13 million with a $20 million option for a 2nd year.

Please renegotiate for less than $20 million a year. I know there have been reports that the Pats would keep Revis to the $20 million option but we all know it's chest thumping. Woody Johnson offering Revis money while he's is still under contract is just the cherry on top.

Just to be clear people: The Patriots view Revis' 2nd year as a 'placeholder', implying it's just there to help juggle some numbers and thus they do not expect it to be in use next season; whereas Revis, in a stark contrast, views the 2nd year as simply there to help the Patriots juggle some numbers and thus he does not expect it to be in use next season. See the disagreement now? Thanks Florio.

No that is not the case.
Kraft made a comment about a 'placeholder' which no one bothered to define. It could very well mean that both sides wanted to wait until this year to negotiate a long term deal, so they added year 2 to add time and not have to negotiate under the gun.

More importantly there is no indication whatsoever how Revis views the second year, because this article is FLORIO ASSUMING WHAT REVIS THINKS WHEN REVIS HAS NOT SAID ANYTHING.

You know.. When you read that article it says pretty much "The Patriots view the 2nd year as a placeholder".

Also it said "Revis viewed the contract as a 1 year deal where at the end he would sign a new deal with someone".

So they both agree that this contract is a 1 year deal. They both know Revis is getting a new contract this year from someone (probably us if we give him a fair one).

What is the supposed disagreement about? They both are indicating the same exact thing.

Bob, it does not say that.
It says this:

Revis, who hasn’t commented on his situation, would describe it differently.

That is not Revis disagreeing. That is Florio saying Revis has not said whether he agrees, disagrees, or prefers Coke to Pepsi,but Florio is guessing he would disagree.
Total garbage journalism.

I could write an article saying Florio thinks he is an intelligent competent reporter but all of his readers, who have not commented, would think describe him differently and say he is a moron who molests invalids and it would be as accurate.

There's a $25 million penalty if Revis isn't released or renegotiated in a couple months. Whatever happens Revis gets $5 million guaranteed on top of the $7 million he earned from 2014, which adds up to the $13 million 1yr deal which was originally reported but then revealed to be $13 million with a $20 million option for a 2nd year.

Please renegotiate for less than $20 million a year. I know there have been reports that the Pats would keep Revis to the $20 million option but we all know it's chest thumping. Woody Johnson offering Revis money while he's is still under contract is just the cherry on top.

There is no penalty. He is under contract.

You see, what's really interesting in all this is that Revis NEVER MEANT to sign with New England. It was all part of a great deception; unfortunately, somewhere between Tampa and New York the true papers were shredded, evidence was disposed of, and signatures were forged.

Bill and Nick disguised themselves as agents from another team, going as far as renting out unused space on site through one of Kraft's shadow corporations. After completing all the documents, they ripped off their masks and tore away the false pages of the contract, displaying the Flying Elvis. Their howls of laughter were in stark contrast to Darrelle's silence as he slowly resigned himself to a season of torment.

Last edited:
"Hi, I'm Mike Florio. I'm a dummy made of wood acting as placeholder for a two-bit lawyer with no integrity masquerading as a football journalist. Confused? I hope so! Nyah nyah!"

Florio 1.jpg

Last edited:
"It sure would be nice to know what draft pick the Patriots will receive for Woody's ham-handed tampering with Revis. The Jets #1 would be the #6 pick in 2015 NFL Draft.

McCourty's brother has been talking about bringing Devin McCourty to Tennessee. Isn't that tampering? l. Tennessee, picking at #2 overall should fofeit that pick to the Patriots as well. What would Belichick do with #2, #6, and #32 in the first round?

Probably trade down for another half a dozen picks. :cool:

This is a new low, even for Florio.

The media is becoming so disgusting as a whole these days. They'll write or say ANYTHING to get their name out there, to increase their twitter followers and to get clicks on their articles.

The art of journalism is completely dead... the entire industry is run as a TMZ column now, where its 100% about generating hype/controversy and riling social media up.. all to generate page views which generates money.

Its sickening.. The only reason its even legal I believe is because they don't consider themselves journalists, or at least the articles that they write are not considered news stories and have to be legally classified as commentary or whatever...

I start by pointing the finger at myself.. we ALL have to do a better job of just not clicking on these blowhards links and spreading them around forums, social media etc... thats exactly what they want. They don't care how much you despise them, if you're clicking on their links and posting them on the internet, you're generating them money and they laugh all the way to the bank.

You know.. When you read that article it says pretty much "The Patriots view the 2nd year as a placeholder".

Also it said "Revis viewed the contract as a 1 year deal where at the end he would sign a new deal with someone".

So they both agree that this contract is a 1 year deal. They both know Revis is getting a new contract this year from someone (probably us if we give him a fair one).

What is the supposed disagreement about? They both are indicating the same exact thing.

There isn't a disagreement, Florio just wants to stir up controversy so that people are saying his name and clicking his links.. The guy is a $@&*ing idiot and we all helped make him money.

I give a lot of interviews about a particular subject I have expertise in. On plenty of occasions I have to correct a reporter who paraphrases back something I said and introduces an error of fact.

Several times recently, the reporter has laughed or even scolded me for being so "picky" as to care about truth and falsehood. One told me I had to "stop taking this so seriously." ("This" being, apparently, my entire field of study.) 100% of those cases were from online-only outlets with no old-media connections.

Which is just to say, Florio weaving something breathless out of nothing doesn't surprise me one bit. He works in a medium that has chosen to disregard sourcing and accountability, and he knows it, and he's a master of it.

All of which reminds me why I appreciate Mike Reiss so much. I don't know a single sportswriter in America who is more careful about distinguishing his own conjecture from reporting, and more willing to correct his own mistakes. Trust is a rare commodity in the media.

I give a lot of interviews about a particular subject I have expertise in. On plenty of occasions I have to correct a reporter who paraphrases back something I said and introduces an error of fact.

Several times recently, the reporter has laughed or even scolded me for being so "picky" as to care about truth and falsehood. One told me I had to "stop taking this so seriously." ("This" being, apparently, my entire field of study.) 100% of those cases were from online-only outlets with no old-media connections.

Which is just to say, Florio weaving something breathless out of nothing doesn't surprise me one bit. He works in a medium that has chosen to disregard sourcing and accountability, and he knows it, and he's a master of it.

All of which reminds me why I appreciate Mike Reiss so much. I don't know a single sportswriter in America who is more careful about distinguishing his own conjecture from reporting, and more willing to correct his own mistakes. Trust is a rare commodity in the media.

Old media does the same thing. We can see it in their writings. TV and radio are also guilty. There's not really anywhere we can turn to avoid that stuff.

Last edited:
Off season sucks. I don't care about professional trolls enough to get excited about their trolling, which is what this is. Media is worthless and boring.

If I say that Mike Florio is a murderer and pedophile, how long before someone links to me under the headline "Report: Mike Florio is a murderer and a pedophile"?

There is no penalty. He is under contract.

Yes, he is. And I would expect Revis to honor his contractual commitment and play well for his $20M of compensation for his 2015 services.

The art of journalism is completely dead... the entire industry is run as a TMZ column now, where its 100% about generating hype/controversy and riling social media up.. all to generate page views which generates money.

Its sickening..
That's not completely true. Print media has vestiges of integrity in many newspapers and magazines. The main culprits are television/radio/Internet.

Watching SportsNet Central and Curran is really dissapointing me on this one but then again he is buddy buddy with florio.

One of the things Curran just said was he is a guy that will make sure he is maximizing his value.

So Tom, $20m next year playing for the defending SB champion with a good chance to get back to the SB would not be considered somewhat maximizing your value?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back