PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, if Ravens fans' opinion of Brady upsets you, you need to find something else to do than be a Pats fan. Brady gets shat on by rival teams' fans everywhere. Par for the course for most of the past decade. Ho hum.

No dis---Respect, but I believe you are making a mass generalization of all teams fans. If you polled New Orleans fans tomorrow , Brady would be picked as a better QB than Brees.

I find this almost impossible to believe. From what I gather, Brees is a deity down in NO, and there are plenty of Pats fans around here (myself included) who would put Brees at or near Brady's level. And at many times better.

Last edited:
Did GW go from hero to scapegoat? :)

SP has a short temper when it comes to losing 2 playoffs in 2 mins. Yeah, he's a scapegoat :) . Im sure the 6 turnovers had something to do with losing, and that wasn't defense. It actually could be a bad move for NO to get rid of him.

It's hilarious because most people can't wrap their heads around the fact that it's possible for a pretty boy/apple pie type guy (who happens to be married to a supermodel) can is also tough, smart, humble, and one of the fiercest competitors ever to play the game.

It's hilarious because most people can't wrap their heads around the fact that it's possible for a pretty boy/apple pie type guy (who happens to be married to a supermodel) can is also tough, smart, humble, and one of the fiercest competitors ever to play the game.

I am a huge patriots homer, but i gotta admit, Brady is living THE LIFE. He has it all, the looks, charisma, height, wife, and wealth. Yea the wealth came with hardwork, but he always had his good looks.

I can see why opposing teams hate on brady

Last edited:
<SNIP>

But You have to consider the source. Balt is over run with guys that don't even follow the team regularly. I mean hell if you can't take this kind of forum bashing just wait till you face the Giants again,lol.
Theres a zillion Jets fans on that board now.

<SNIP>

LOL, there's a 50% off sale on Jet Caps and shirts as well.

Not trying to be rude, but I thought it was pretty much common knowledge why nobody likes Brady.

He is great at what he does, and a future HOF, but it is hard to respect a guy who begs for a flag when he gets touched and is the reason the Brady Rule was born. It's a man's game; people view him as a pansy.

Compare that to Peyton or Brees, who take a hit and just get up and make you pay.

Last edited:
When a 50 year old JETS fan tells me that even tho he hates the pats and the entire patriots organaztion with his guts and although he wishes to see Brady lose and he is happy to see him lose, he is still admitting that TB is the greatest QB of his generation. that sums is up for me.

Flynismo, peyton dosnt beg for flags? give me a break. at the first game against denver he got hit by Elvis dumrevil, i bet i would die if he was hitting me like that. brady just got up and kept on playing like nothing happend, you cant say brady is pansy, he is like the thoughest QB in the game, and if not, he is one of them.
ppl hate him cause he is great, good looking and he has a wife we all die for.

Last edited:
Keep it up Ravens. Keep it up.

Much love to all fellow Patriots fans. These are good times.

But if you're looking for respect for our team, the opponents' message boards aren't the places to be looking. Especially if that opponent is a rival with a checkered past with this team.

Not trying to be rude, but I thought it was pretty much common knowledge why nobody likes Brady.

He is great at what he does, and a future HOF, but it is hard to respect a guy who begs for a flag when he gets touched and is the reason the Brady Rule was born. It's a man's game; people view him as a pansy.

Compare that to Peyton or Brees, who take a hit and just get up and make you pay.

people who hate brady hate him because he is better than them in every way, and is better than their QB in every way. I don't think you'll see too many packer fans or sainst fans caring, because they have theirs, too.

but these fans of our regular opponent and the other the pats regularly encounter (ravens, jets, etc) are just jealous

Last edited:

Honestly this is ridiculous. I've seen Peyton and Brees both stare at the refs for flags and get them or not get them. Brady doesn't do anything differently from other QBs and there's plenty of times he gets hit hard and gets right back up. It's all because Brady has this pretty boy image which contrasts with what people think of when they think "football" so people take things like what you said and blow them out of proportion with regards to Brady and don't mention them about anyone else.

For all the people who are soooo offended by TB looking for a flag, I wonder if they ever seen a WR in this league (including their own teams wr) get covered on a pass play and not immediately look at the ref and start pleading for flag? I happens on literally every pass play that is not caught. Oh, and if the pass is caught guess what? the DB is looking for OPI.

Its just kind of the nature of sport and competition. I, like many here, played sports my whole life and can pretty much say that every tackle I missed I was held on, every shot I missed I was fouled on and anytime I K'd it was not a strike.

So when Arrington blankets torry Smith deep down the field and he looks for the flag after i hope the black Bird fans tell him to just get up and make them pay next time

Last edited:

Some things for you to consider.

1. The rule was put in place a year before Brady was injured. It was put in place when Carson Palmer was injured in a playoff game.

2. Brady gets less roughing calls than anyone else, he's hit a lot more in questionable ways and doesn't get the calls. Look it up. This year the NFL focused on London Fletcher hitting him and getting a bad call (it was a bad call) but no mention was made that during that game Andre Carter tackled Rex Grossman at the waist and got a personal foul and we had Devin McCourty also get a bogus personal foul.

3. Ray Lewis can complain all he wants about QBs being protected, but he's a hypocrite because I never heard him complain about crackback blocks, chop blocks, blocking below the waist, high low blocks or leg whips. All of which are illegal and are put in place to protect defensive players. You can't dive at defensive players either.

4. Terrell Suggs deliberately tried to injure Brady during that game, he tried to take his knee out. This is the problem. If Suggs succeeded in taking Brady's knee out for the year (2 years in a row and possibly ruining Brady's career), all he gets is a 15 yard penalty and a fine. That's it.

5. Brady stays in the pocket longer than the vast majority of QBs. He's no shrinking violet, unlike Joe Flacco who turtles like a whimp when you just breathe on him.

The problem with brady is he's not a man's man. He comes across as soft and feminine. You can argue that the perception is wrong, but thats how people view him. He has money and a hot wife which men would like, but they don't necessarily want to be him, kinda like Justin Bieber. Bierber is famous, has money and hot girlfriend in Selena Gomez, but he's not respected by boys/men. Nobody wants to be him. Brady is just not respected by men especially heterosexual men. I read that the sales of uggs was not impressive last year, that's partly because brady does not appeal to or inspire the average guy.

Contrast that with Gronk. That is Man's man, somebody other guys want to be and live is life.

For those of you that have ever visited Baltimore, this sport of behavior should not be a shock. The people there, generally speaking, are classless thugs. The Armpit of America. Really.

The problem with brady is he's not a man's man. He comes across as soft and feminine. You can argue that the perception is wrong, but thats how people view him. He has money and a hot wife which men would like, but they don't necessarily want to be him, kinda like Justin Bieber. Bierber is famous, has money and hot girlfriend in Selena Gomez, but he's not respected by boys/men. Nobody wants to be him. Brady is just not respected by men especially heterosexual men. I read that the sales of uggs was not impressive last year, that's partly because brady does not appeal to or inspire the average guy.

Contrast that with Gronk. That is Man's man, somebody other guys want to be and live is life.

LOL!!! Wow, this is good comedy.
Men don't want to be a great looking 6'5" 230 pound guy with a supermodel wife and hundreds of millions? And, more importantly, 3 Super Bowl rings?

The idiocy of this post is astounding. It's Tom's great looks that have some men bothered apparently, and I'd suggest they start asking themselves if they're a little homophobic. It may be that they are TOO attracted to Tom rather than the reverse.

First, i find your brady-bieber comparison insulting.
second, i wish i was TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft