PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with brady is he's not a man's man. He comes across as soft and feminine. You can argue that the perception is wrong, but thats how people view him. He has money and a hot wife which men would like, but they don't necessarily want to be him, kinda like Justin Bieber. Bierber is famous, has money and hot girlfriend in Selena Gomez, but he's not respected by boys/men. Nobody wants to be him. Brady is just not respected by men especially heterosexual men. I read that the sales of uggs was not impressive last year, that's partly because brady does not appeal to or inspire the average guy.

Contrast that with Gronk. That is Man's man, somebody other guys want to be and live is life.

I like Gronk a lot but he strikes me as goofy and kind of a meathead.

Brady can't win in the court of public opinion (he wins plenty on the football field which is all that matters but I digress)... when he's on the sideline screaming his head off he's being a "crybaby", when he's stoic he's "too soft". But really he has the combination every man would want: a supermodel wife, being one of the greatest modern athletes of our time, fame and fortune, and at age 34 he's still fairly young.

Or you could always been an ugly, beer-swilling rapist who looks like he aged 10 years after faceplanting from a motorcycle accident (*cough* Rapelisberger for those who can't connect the dots)... but hey, he's MACHO! Just the kind of knuckle-dragger other men can look up to! :D

Last edited:
I like Gronk a lot but he strikes me as goofy and kind of a meathead.

Brady can't win in the court of public opinion (he wins plenty on the football field which is all that matters but I digress)... when he's on the sideline screaming his head off he's being a "crybaby", when he's stoic he's "too soft". But really he has the combination every man would want: a supermodel wife, being one of the greatest modern athletes of our time, fame and fortune, and at age 34 he's still fairly young.

Or you could always been an ugly, beer-swilling rapist who looks like he aged 10 years after faceplanting from a motorcycle accident (*cough* Rapelisberger for those who can't connect the dots)... but hey, he's MACHO! Just the kind of knuckle-dragger other men can look up to! :D

Ben is looking ragged, isn't he? Man, his face looks bloated...

Ben is looking ragged, isn't he? Man, his face looks bloated...

Yup. His nose looks like Wilfork sat on it, and his head has swollen like someone who's allergic to bee stings.

(Okay, exaggerating a little, but he does look different)

Last edited:
Double TE said:
I just don't get it. Are the jealous or just dumb? He is a winner plain and simple. Hating him because he is better looking than you, wealthier than you and has a better looking wife is just plain idiotic.

No. You sound like a Cam Newton fan.

People that "hate" Tom Brady hate them because of you. Fans like you.

Most people that "don't like" Tom Brady or the Patriots actually don't like them for good reasons. They like their teams and believe in their players or quarterbacks and probably may have gotten beat at some point.

The ones that talk trash about Tom Brady do it because fans like you have to point out he has a "better looking wife or more money" then you. Ignorant statement. No one really gives a crap what Tom Brady's wife and bank account looks like. Plenty of men love their families, jobs, and enjoy what they have. If it makes you feel better because your quarterback of choice makes money or has a hot wife, you are insecure in what you have.

They just love their football team and dislike ignorant fans who make statements like these. Do I sound like a "hater"? To you I probably do yet there's no quarterback that I respect more in this league than Tom Brady. Just not for having a hot wife or money in his bank account. But for being a great quarterback.

Their personal lives is their personal lives and if you need to go to that point to compare him and prove his accomplishments, you are actually disrespecting Brady as a quarterback, and might not know enough about why people love Tom Brady. He doesn't need it. His personal life is none of our business and it's not why his true fans love him and respect him.

Last edited:
Big Ben straight out of college.

ben-roethlisberger-on-nfl-draft-day-2004.jpg

Big Ben now.

ben-roethlisberger_300x317.jpg

Clearly he's turned into a man's man.

I don't get the hot wife argument either. Even if i hate brady because of his hot wife, i am still in the same both as you who likes him. Brady is not sharing his hot wife with you because u like him.
You don't need to be rich or famous to have a hot girlfriend or wife. Brady has a hot wife but i don't think anybody is jealous of him because of that.

No. You sound like a Cam Newton fan.

People that "hate" Tom Brady hate them because of you. Fans like you.

Most people that "don't like" Tom Brady or the Patriots actually don't like them for good reasons. They like their teams and believe in their players or quarterbacks and probably may have gotten beat at some point.

The ones that talk trash about Tom Brady do it because fans like you have to point out he has a "better looking wife or more money" then you. Ignorant statement. No one really gives a crap what Tom Brady's wife and bank account looks like. Plenty of men love their families, jobs, and enjoy what they have. If it makes you feel better because your quarterback of choice makes money or has a hot wife, you are insecure in what you have.

They just love their football team and dislike ignorant fans who make statements like these. Do I sound like a "hater"? To you I probably do yet there's no quarterback that I respect more in this league than Tom Brady. Just not for having a hot wife or money in his bank account. But for being a great quarterback.

Their personal lives is their personal lives and if you need to go to that point to compare him and prove his accomplishments, you are actually disrespecting Brady as a quarterback, and might not know enough about why people love Tom Brady. He doesn't need it. His personal life is none of our business and it's not why his true fans love him and respect him.

.... wait, what? Why did you put my name in place of the OP? :confused:

Last edited:
Ben's always been more of a jock, not quite as sharp as Brady, but he's a damn good football player. He's like Farve. He'll play on a bad foot, which makes him play about as good as a back-up and cost his team the game when it requires footwork to make it all happen. But he's not going to believe he can't do it.

.And is that Ben? Who knows? Not from the sound of things. I think that's his organization and his coach. I knew it before they played the Broncos. You could see it all season. That team, and that group of guys could have gone much further with a sharper quarterback in the playoffs.

But we don't know if they are happy to lose with Ben or not. So I'm not going to judge. He does what it takes and he's proven to be as solid as Brady and lead his team to the big one twice now.

But if he doesn't sharpen up, it's time. Just don't expect a quarterback like him to say no. He needs to be saved from himself in situations like these and it takes a good coach to do that. It takes a coach to go out on a limb and say....I'm going with the guy who gives us the best chance to win. Like Green Bay did. If you don't make that stand as an organization or a team, you aren't doing either quarterback a favor.

Only Brady's coaches have proven to have that type of leadership and decisiveness. And they're the only ones that also proved to have very capable and well trained, back-ups, ready to take over when the time comes.

No dis---Respect, but I believe you are making a mass generalization of all teams fans. If you polled New Orleans fans tomorrow , Brady would be picked as a better QB than Brees. We wouldn't pick him to be our QB, because we are happy with what we have. Im sure its the same with Texan, Cardinals , etc.. fans.

Ive been on their boards and they show Brady his due. Your example is baltimore. They were not to nice to us either. Teams like Philly, Balt, Dallas, Wash, SF, ATL, Jets, etc.. have major fan issues because they have lots of bandwagon, part time, or glory hound fans that jump to the team when they start winning and jump off next season. Its a mass market problem. I can't even imagine how many Jets fans are now Giants fans today. I wouldn't listen to them to much. Ive heard R.Rice and Lewis talk about Brady a number of times. You can bet they are taking him VERY seriously.

.. and again no disrespect but TB is not the best ever ...yet. So, saying that , might mean you have a problem with ego as well. Just a thought. Not trying to put you down, its not my place.
I think most of us who love the game understand how great TB is, and how much he has accomplished, but he needs some more accolades to reach that mark. He's the best in the game though. Stuggs probably doesn't know that, but he's not to sharp to begin with ( and yes thats a pun ).

If you were playing N.O. , lions, or Texans etc.. I know you would see more respectful post, or at least a chance to refute. But You have to consider the source. Balt is over run with guys that don't even follow the team regularly. I mean hell if you can't take this kind of forum bashing just wait till you face the Giants again,lol.
Theres a zillion Jets fans on that board now.

I would just ignore those boards for now. There is really nothing good that can come of it. Ignore them and wait for them to come here, on your turf, because they will.

.. and now back to my regularly scheduled drinking :)

Yea right, Saints fans still talk about the 5 TD game against us 3 years ago, meanwhile they get bounced out every road playoff game. They are some of the worst if they just get a decent streak (like the 9 game streak before SF owned them).

Yea right, Saints fans still talk about the 5 TD game against us 3 years ago, meanwhile they get bounced out every road playoff game. They are some of the worst if they just get a decent streak (like the 9 game streak before SF owned them).

So what? They won that game fair and square.

Truth is fans insult other fans and fan bases by using their quarterbacks or team with really stupid arguments(like money, and women) and end up putting other fans in a position to defend themselves. It's insulting for someone to come in and say you "hate him because of some meaningless reason" when in reality it's just not the case and those other fans may simply be talking about things they may not understand.

A good friend of mine is a Saints fan. He was very much able to credit Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton for what he did when they faced each other, he gave credit to Green Bay, and was worried of the 49ers, and knew that if they had to go through Green Bay or face the Patriots they had a great chance of losing.

But in order for him to do that, he had the brains to understand that Drew Brees threw too many interceptions to match-up. Not everybody's like what you say. Not all Saints fans are like that. Some just think their guy is "the best" because they just believe it. Others usually have good arguments and look into actual accomplishments or qualities backed up by facts. And that's also because I understood what makes Drew Brees better and didn't tell him he was a Cam Newton hater because of his "swag" and didn't "respect" Cam Newton...the rookie who hasn't done a damn thing in comparison to Brees yet.

This is just a case of the more casual, football enthusiasts say things like that. Don't generalize. The people who respect Brady or the Patriots the most are likely also his harshest of critics. His biggest defenders do it by never actually defending him.

They don't need to and Tom Brady doesn't really need to be defended. At this point it's a moot argument. There's no more debate and its not worth the time of those who have been following Brady for a decade now.

But you're also fooling yourself if you believe Patriots can't be beat or a team can't be better than the Patriots on a particular Sunday or even a particular season. Same goes for a quarterback. If they said Saints are a bigger dynasty you'd have something to get angry about, but if they're talking about one game when they won, so what? Didn't they earn it? And if it's in their forums they should be backing up their team.

Last edited:
I don't get the hot wife argument either. Even if i hate brady because of his hot wife, i am still in the same both as you who likes him. Brady is not sharing his hot wife with you because u like him.
You don't need to be rich or famous to have a hot girlfriend or wife. Brady has a hot wife but i don't think anybody is jealous of him because of that.

Bizarre post, both you and Patriots Seven. We're not the ones saying hot wives matter. We're the ones laughing at you guys for saying Brady isn't manly enough for you. You're the one that made that idiotic post about most guys would not want to be Tom Brady. They'd rather be whoever the hell you named. Only in your context does a hot wife matter.

Can't understand Pat5iotsSeven's post at all. It's like he missed the entire context.

Saints fans gave San Francisco literally no respect last week. I've never seen anything like it. I can't think of a time I was that confident, or perhaps arrogant, going into a road playoff game hell even a home playoff game.

And as far as the Monday Night game goes, no kidding. I can't get into a serious discussion with half of them without hearing "You're still just butt hurt over that Monday Night game." No, I'm not. They can't grasp that we've played in and lost much bigger games than that so the eventual Superbowl winner and clear best team in the league beating the worst team of the Belichick era in their house does not bother me, at all.

So what? They won that game fair and square.

Truth is fans insult other fans and fan bases by using their quarterbacks or team with really stupid arguments(like money, and women) and end up putting other fans in a position to defend themselves. It's insulting for someone to come in and say you "hate him because of some meaningless reason" when in reality it's just not the case and those other fans may simply be talking about things they may not understand.

A good friend of mine is a Saints fan. He was very much able to credit Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton for what he did when they faced each other, he gave credit to Green Bay, and was worried of the 49ers, and knew that if they had to go through Green Bay or face the Patriots they had a great chance of losing.

But in order for him to do that, he had the brains to understand that Drew Brees threw too many interceptions to match-up. Not everybody's like what you say. Not all Saints fans are like that. Some just think their guy is "the best" because they just believe it. Others usually have good arguments and look into actual accomplishments or qualities backed up by facts. And that's also because I understood what makes Drew Brees better and didn't tell him he was a Cam Newton hater because of his "swag" and didn't "respect" Cam Newton...the rookie who hasn't done a damn thing in comparison to Brees yet.

This is just a case of the more casual, football enthusiasts say things like that. Don't generalize. The people who respect Brady or the Patriots the most are likely also his harshest of critics. His biggest defenders do it by never actually defending him.

They don't need to and Tom Brady doesn't really need to be defended. At this point it's a moot argument. There's no more debate and its not worth the time of those who have been following Brady for a decade now.

But you're also fooling yourself if you believe Patriots can't be beat or a team can't be better than the Patriots on a particular Sunday or even a particular season. Same goes for a quarterback. If they said Saints are a bigger dynasty you'd have something to get angry about, but if they're talking about one game when they won, so what? Didn't they earn it? And if it's in their forums they should be backing up their team.

Im not speaking on anyone here, they would be banned if they said that stuff I bet. Still a good 10+ Saints fans on various general NFL boards are *******s when they are winning.

Its not that they won and thats that, its we needed cameras to beat them, they exposed Brady, Brees is a real QB who doesn't check down all day and throws deep, he didn't need AV to kick FGs in his SB, he never choked in the first round (and then this year it was ignored) etc.

Most Saints fans I have seen post 09 are scum, that is my opinion though. I am glad they lost for sure.

Last edited:
Wait did someone say they hate Brady because of "fans like me". Really? That may be the stupidest statement ever on any board. Hilarious.

Perhaps this message was a bit misguided and sophomoric but it got a discussion going nonetheless.

Ravens Fans attitude towards Brady is based on the phantom penalties he has been awarded in very tight games. More specifically the phantom penalty that he begged from the Referee that extended a critical drive.

It is not because of his good looks or his girlfriend or his money.

Trust me on this. Drew Brees is not a bad looking guy.

:)

Ravens Fans attitude towards Brady is based on the phantom penalties he has been awarded in very tight games. More specifically the phantom penalty that he begged from the Referee that extended a critical drive.

It is not because of his good looks or his girlfriend or his money.

Trust me on this. Drew Brees is not a bad looking guy.

:)

Brady gets fewer calls than any other QB. Look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes