Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Ben straight out of college.

ben-roethlisberger-on-nfl-draft-day-2004.jpg

Big Ben now.

ben-roethlisberger_300x317.jpg

Clearly he's turned into a man's man.

Posing with the bloody nose.:rolleyes:

Ravens Fans attitude towards Brady is based on the phantom penalties he has been awarded in very tight games. More specifically the phantom penalty that he begged from the Referee that extended a critical drive.

It is not because of his good looks or his girlfriend or his money.

Trust me on this. Drew Brees is not a bad looking guy.

:)

What "Phantom" calls are you speaking of?

Here is actual proof (I know you don't like to use 'proof' to back up your terribly FALSE arguments)

Brady was ranked 30th in roughing the passer calls...behind pretty much everyone you can even think of. Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers...you name it.

I am now 100% convinced that you know absolutely nothing about the actual game of NFL football.

You refer to one lousy play where Suggs went low on Brady, and he b!tched to the ref? Big deal...We see QB's ask for flags in every single game.

This is the lamest argument I have ever heard, although I am sure you will be too much of a coward to admit your fault like a man...

Refs playing favorites? C'mon, Vick - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Acouple of things:

I hate Tom Brady but I respect Tom Brady. You can do both. I hate him because 1) his attitude in interviews rubs me and a majority of America outside New England the wrong way AND 2) Baltimore has always been defensive-focused and Brady and other QBs are some of the main reasons why defenses are at such a disadvantage today. There isn't a much better way to explain it. I think he is an amazing QB and would most likely love the guy if he played for my team as I wouldn't give a damn about the way he came off to other teams fans and I wouldn't care if he helped change the rule book.

Secondly, to the OP: I think he is definitely one of the best ever but I wouldn't say the best. I'm a big believer in saying this because I don't think you can judge guys from different generations against each other nor do I believe you can judge players who all dealt with different teams and situations completely evenly (P. Manning comes to mind).

Acouple of things:

I hate Tom Brady but I respect Tom Brady. You can do both. I hate him because 1) his attitude in interviews rubs me and a majority of America outside New England the wrong way AND 2) Baltimore has always been defensive-focused and Brady and other QBs are some of the main reasons why defenses are at such a disadvantage today. There isn't a much better way to explain it. I think he is an amazing QB and would most likely love the guy if he played for my team as I wouldn't give a damn about the way he came off to other teams fans and I wouldn't care if he helped change the rule book.

Secondly, to the OP: I think he is definitely one of the best ever but I wouldn't say the best. I'm a big believer in saying this because I don't think you can judge guys from different generations against each other nor do I believe you can judge players who all dealt with different teams and
situations completely evenly (P. Manning comes to mind).

That's a fair enough look at things, but I have to ask?

When a NFL player has NEVER said one bad or controversial thing about another team or player (even when he's dissed horribly a la Cromartie last yr), and shows nothing but respect for the other side...how can you possibly think that "he rubs people the wrong way?"

Brady has never said one thing to rile up the other team, the other teams' fanbase, or the other coaches..it's always the most respectful things you could say.

I don't even get that at all. That makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited:
That's a fair enough look at things, but I have to ask?

When a NFL player has NEVER said one bad or controversial thing about another team or player (even when he's dissed horribly a la Cromartie last yr), and shows nothing but respect for the other side...how can you possibly think that "he rubs people the wrong way?"

Brady has never said one thing to rile up the other team, the other teams' fanbase, or the other coaches..it's always the most respectful things you could say.

I don't even get that at all.

I don't know what it is but it isn't something unique to me or to Ravens fans. I admit that I'm sure jealousy plays a part of it but it is not the whole thing. You're right that it isn't that he talks trash, he just comes off a little insincere, sarcastic and a little douchey (sp). Again, if he were on my team I wouldn't give a crap about that. Hell, I think Joe Flacco comes off poorly and probably wouldn't like him if I were a fan of another team and only had the few national media representations of the guy that the Baltimore-outsider has of him.

I don't know what it is but it isn't something unique to me or to Ravens fans. I admit that I'm sure jealousy plays a part of it but it is not the whole thing. You're right that it isn't that he talks trash, he just comes off a little insincere, sarcastic and a little douchey (sp). Again, if he were on my team I wouldn't give a crap about that. Hell, I think Joe Flacco comes off poorly and probably wouldn't like him if I were a fan of another team and only had the few national media representations of the guy that the Baltimore-outsider has of him.

I honestly have no idea what it is...none at all.

When you have a million jacka$$es in the league like Roethlisberger, Cromartie, etc that ARE actually douches, and you see a well-dressed guy acting polite and respectful, going out of his way to praise the other team every time, I wouldn't begin to imagine that it's anything more than 100 % pure jealousy.

It is your perception that he is "insincere."

I've rarely heard his "sarcasm," and the only "douchy" aspect is maybe that many feel he's a pretty boy (which is entirely different than douchy, see Ben Roethlisberger...or any member of the NYJets)

To each his own, but in my opinion it's picking on the same exact player as a Philip Rivers, or a Joe Flacco etc (minus the high profile). They are all stand up "good guys."

Last edited:
you can never use the word "all" to describe anything....but...

the ravens are jets 2.0....they are hated b/c they are unsportsmanlike, sore losers, loudmouths, and dont know how to handle a win when regarding the press....

and many of their fans follow their teams MO.....

so here we are

Can you teach us how to cheat while being sportsmanlike? Hopefully Belichick has a seminar on how to cheat with style during the offseason.

What "Phantom" calls are you speaking of?

Here is actual proof (I know you don't like to use 'proof' to back up your terribly FALSE arguments)

Brady was ranked 30th in roughing the passer calls...behind pretty much everyone you can even think of. Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers...you name it.

I am now 100% convinced that you know absolutely nothing about the actual game of NFL football.

You refer to one lousy play where Suggs went low on Brady, and he b!tched to the ref? Big deal...We see QB's ask for flags in every single game.

This is the lamest argument I have ever heard, although I am sure you will be too much of a coward to admit your fault like a man...

Refs playing favorites? C'mon, Vick - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

You remembered that nugget of an article, good going Supafly;)

Although people made some good suggestions, for instance going by the amount of flags per hits taken but they don't record every hit during or after a throw unfortunately, at least that I know of.

It'd be nice if they did...

Last edited:
Guess our training sessions were too intense. If only we could truly learn to cheat for years and only get a slap on the wrist. Too bad. So is Belichick going to hold that "how to cheat with style" class in the off season? Just wondering.

And this has 'what' to do with being the NFL's most winningest team SINCE 2007 how???

This is the best you guys can do? Really?

And this has 'what' to do with being the NFL's most winningest team SINCE 2007 how???

This is the best you guys can do? Really?

It means he has perfected his cheating to where he won't get caught. Only Belichick is capable of such a feat.

Last edited:
I honestly have no idea what it is...none at all.

When you have a million jacka$$es in the league like Roethlisberger, Cromartie, etc that ARE actually douches, and you see a well-dressed guy acting polite and respectful, going out of his way to praise the other team every time, I wouldn't begin to imagine that it's anything more than 100 % pure jealousy.

It is your perception that he is "insincere."

I've rarely heard his "sarcasm," and the only "douchy" aspect is maybe that many feel he's a pretty boy (which is entirely different than douchy, see Ben Roethlisberger...or any member of the NYJets)

To each his own, but in my opinion it's picking on the same exact player as a Philip Rivers, or a Joe Flacco etc (minus the high profile). They are all stand up "good guys."

You did see that I stated I probably wouldn't like Flacco if I were an opposing team fan, right?

Hard to understand a sub-70 IQ troglodyte who logs on another team's message board using some moronic handle about "daddy" something, and then starts vomiting idiotic,unfounded garbage that he obviously heard on the Nitwit Channel...how about YOU tell us all about how to murder innocent people and get the case fixed and go back to making millions of dollars playing MLB on that lily white, pure as driven snow Ravens squad...seems like cheating people out of their LIVES is OK with the Raven "fanbase"...whatever

Hard to understand a sub-70 IQ troglodyte who logs on another team's message board using some moronic handle about "daddy" something, and then starts vomiting idiotic,unfounded garbage that he obviously heard on the Nitwit Channel...how about YOU tell us all about how to murder innocent people and get the case fixed and go back to making millions of dollars playing MLB on that lily white, pure as driven snow Ravens squad...seems like cheating people out of their LIVES is OK with the Raven "fanbase"...whatever

How did you know my IQ? I love your intelligent argument. Only issue here is that Ray wasn't convicted of murder. In your case, Belichick was PROVEN to be a cheater. I hope that makes sense. Other than that, I totally agree with everything! :D

Last edited:
OK..I have to ask...exactly HOW was Belichick "PROVEN" to be a cheater?

You did see that I stated I probably wouldn't like Flacco if I were an opposing team fan, right?

I did, but I wouldn't think one bad thing about Joe Flacco to be honest with you.

It's the brash, loud-mouthed idiots like J.Harrison, Cromartie, B.Scott etc that are the idiots of the league.

The quiet guys who show nothing but respect have me baffled, but to each his own.

It means he has perfected his cheating to where he won't get caught. Only Belichick is capable of such a feat.

The "conspiracy theory..."

Okay, I am starting to get it now. :eek:

Oh boy one of these...............:bricks:

EDIT: You should try to have a little respect for some of the BaltFans that have been apologizing for this behavior.

Last edited:
EDIT: You should try to have a little respect for some of the BaltFans that have been apologizing for this behavior.

Agreed. Just like any fanbase (including ours), you take the good with the bad.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion on who they want to root for, so that doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's the predictable ones who try and bring up all kinds of mis-informed bullcrap to attempt to make this current matchup somewhat relevant to their point. Spygate (right or wrong) will have no bearing on this game whatsoever, nor has it had any bearing on any of the games in the past 6 yrs. The fact that we haven't beaten anyone who went to the playoffs (besides DEN 2x, who everyone 'now' considers weak) will have no bearing on the outcome of the game.

We all know that both teams have positives and negatives, and that the outcome of the game will be whomever utilizes their advantages better.

The rest of just waiting for Sunday to get here; so in the meantime, this is what we have to talk about (unfortunately) until some better threads get started and we call actually talk football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back