PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Seahawks cut Super Bowl star WR Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's difficult to project what Belichick, McDaniels, and Brady feel about either Dobson or Martin, but we'll probably get a good idea as to how they're deployed in the coming month(s).

My guess is that we'll see some of both, although common sense says that we will only see 2/3 of Dobson, Martin, and Harper.

Yes
As Deus said it's The Squirrel role we're looking to backfill. But likely based on the available substitutions there is no one fit that hits all areas. And what really complicates things from the fan observer standpoint the coaches here are noted for specific game plan matchups. A WR the coaches feel is intrinsically "better" may lose reps to a guy simply better suited against the particular CBs or style of defense the enemy deploys that particular day.

This forum has gotten more than a few players wrong ...

Assante Samuel early hate ... Shane Vareen early hate ... there's a start of a list.

I don't think it was "hate" so much as "overrated".

He went on to prove that in his post-Patriots career. He just looked good because every other corner was so terrible.

I don't think it was "hate" so much as "overrated".

He went on to prove that in his post-Patriots career. He just looked good because every other corner was so terrible.

Samuel was an excellent corner, with important limitations. He just was not a "top ten" corner, as so many here asserted. It's funny to hear that someone is claiming it was about hate with Samuel, though, given that you're right in saying he was overrated here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick