PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots to Sign DB Vincent Fuller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vincent Fuller, DB signed

What a detailed resume!

Interesting.. Wonder why he was cut by Detroit? Injury settlement?

edit: It turns out that Fuller DID receive an injury settlement from Detroit on 12/6.

Glad the Pats signed him since he IS a safety..

Last edited:

The Seahawks grabbed Philip Adams today, too.

Ended a potential Jaguars’
scoring chance by intercepting a pass intended for Tiquan Underwood in
the end zone on a fourth-and-one play in the final stanza

Flashback!!! :D

Last edited:

What a detailed resume!

No kidding. Is this the creation of his agent?

It seems either:
A) Chung's injury is going to keep him out much longer (the rest of the year?) and we need a safety that is actually a safety (and not named Brown).
B) This guy just became available (healthy enough?) in the last day or two and this is a good little pickup for a team in need.

One thing you can say for the Patriot's safety situation, what a rare and wide open opportunity for a fringe player to show he has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL. HE certainly has shown he has some ability to play, now let's hope he has got another level in him and he just needs the right coach/situation for it to come out.

*crosses fingers for the luck of a Hank Poteat: Part II*

He certainly seems worth a tryout. If he's healthy, he will take reps away from Brown and Slater. However, it is possible that this signing is about picking up a player for next year when he is fully recovered from his injuries.

So, help me out here..

That gives us the following at the safety position going into the playoffs (or 2 weeks away):

1.Chung
2.Ihedigbo
3.Brown
4.Slater
5.Fuller
6.Ventrone

7.and possibly Sterling Moore coming up from the practice squad in case of emergency

So that should be able to cross off the worst 3, and leave us with a safety position of 4 (counting Moore on the PS)

BEST 4:

1.Chung
2.Ihedigbo
3.Hmmmm? I'm ashamed to say it, but I suppose it'd be S.Brown
4.Hmmmm? Possibly Fuller, if he is up to the task and can learn quickly

That would leave off the following:

WORST 3:

1.Slater
2.Ventrone
3.Sterling Moore, if you choose to count him

Does anyone see these lists differently, or have an opinion on what the "top 4" safeties would be heading into the postseason? Like I said, I hate to put Brown on the list, but it appears as though Belichick would take him over Slater, Ventrone, and S.Moore

I thought Moore played decently, when he wasn't knocking teammates out for multiple games.

...by the way, what is it with our Safeties tackling DMC?

I thought Moore played decently, when he wasn't knocking teammates out for multiple games.

...by the way, what is it with our Safeties tackling DMC?

I agree. I thought Moore played decently too, especially considering the circumstances. Apparently, Belichick felt differently though? Regardless, it's good to see him back on the practice squad.

I would have Jones at #3.

So, help me out here..

That gives us the following at the safety position going into the playoffs (or 2 weeks away):

1.Chung
2.Ihedigbo
3.Brown
4.Slater
5.Fuller
6.Ventrone

7.and possibly Sterling Moore coming up from the practice squad in case of emergency

So that should be able to cross off the worst 3, and leave us with a safety position of 4 (counting Moore on the PS)

BEST 4:

1.Chung
2.Ihedigbo
3.Hmmmm? I'm ashamed to say it, but I suppose it'd be S.Brown
4.Hmmmm? Possibly Fuller, if he is up to the task and can learn quickly

That would leave off the following:

WORST 3:

1.Slater
2.Ventrone
3.Sterling Moore, if you choose to count him

Does anyone see these lists differently, or have an opinion on what the "top 4" safeties would be heading into the postseason? Like I said, I hate to put Brown on the list, but it appears as though Belichick would take him over Slater, Ventrone, and S.Moore

Fuller was signed by Detroit on 10/6/11, from the start he was limited in practice with a right elbow injury. He did not practice again till 10/20/11....Detroit at that point was down to one healthy safety (Wendling) with Spivey and Coleman hurt so they needed healthy bodies back there and placed Fuller on IR. He was released from IR with injury settlement on 12/7/11.

This guy has speed, 4.44 on his pro-day coming out. He was an extremely dependable nickel player for Titans. He is also a FS and played CB in college. I believe he has four pick 6's in the NFL. He was released on final cutdown day 9/3/11 by Titans, Pats brought him in for a workout on 9/6/11. Had a hamstring injury that slowed him down at the end of 2010, Devin's brother replaced him in nickel.

He can help Pats in nickel and as back up FS. Hopefully Chung is back soon. If all healthy Pats can play with a group consisting of Arrington, McCourty, Jones, Chung, Ihedigbo and Fuller.

I would have Jones at #3.

Ah, ha..good catch.

I originally was going to include him, but thought of him just as a CB. Since he can play both positions, that is likely correct.

So we'd move Sergio Brown and a battle with Vincent Fuller down to the #4 spot then.

Chung
Ihedigbo
Nate Jones
S.Brown or Fuller for the 4th slot

That'd leave out: Slater, Ventrone, the loser of the Brown/Fuller competition, and S.Moore as the safeties that don't need to see action at the positon--barring injuries of course.

I love this guy! He's single, from Charm City, went to an ACC school, wants to go to law school, sings Karaoke for charity and his favorite movie is Goodfellas.

Ross Ventrone better look out or this guy is going to be Coach Belichick's new binkie. Fuller will probably get cut on Christmas morning!

Last edited:

I don't know why I like DBs who are 6ft and above. I don't care about anything else. I just don't want to see a midget covering Plaxico or Marshall or Jackson

Has the highest % of pick 6's of any player in NFL history (with at least 6 interceptions).

Has the highest % of pick 6's of any player in NFL history (with at least 6 interceptions).

4/6 with two of them going for 61 and 78 yards, off of Brees in his Fuller's debut ( pick on the rookie), off Leftwich in his second game ( keep picking on the rookie)and then off Trent Edwards and Keith Null ( who?) in a game in which Null threw 5 picks.....

From the link:

".....(10/18/2010): Ended a potential Jaguars’ scoring chance by intercepting a pass intended for TIQUAN UNDERWOOD in the end zone on a fourth-and-one play in the final stanza."

Report: Patriots to Sign DB Vincent Fuller
By: Derek Havens

Late Tuesday evening, Shalise Manza Young of Boston.com reported the New England Patriots would sign veteran defensive back Vincent Fuller. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes