PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: NFL Manipulated Concussion Research

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kraft apologists have become curiously silent. Where art thou?

And yet they will still make billions and billions because no one will stop watching games. I always say this now to people around me. If i wasn't this huge into the Pats...i would have been out a long time ago

I fell the same way. I'm like a heroine addict. No matter how much I know how bad it is, I just can't quit it. However, I can quit most of the things that directly result in money in their pockets, such as not going to games, not buying merchandise, not visiting any official web sites, etc.

It was very frustrating to see the spike in Brady jersey sales last summer. "You're gonna try to railroad our QB? :mad: Here, take my money!"

Unfortunately, Kraft and his pals did not let others decide if its worth the risk when they paid off researchers and publications to publish false information.

Kraft, and his pals, did not let others decide if its worth the risk to keep playing after injury by having team doctors, and a highly incompetent nfl head doctor, minimize the long term damage and greenlight people going back into games.
It is worse than that. It is impossible to weigh the risk because the risk of CTE from football is unknown, and the NFL would like to keep it that way. When the NIH decided to fund a BU study to develop a diagnostic test for CTE while people are alive (currently only diagnosed at autopsy), the NFL pulled their portion of "unrestricted" funds. Doubt is their product.

OTL: NFL balks at funding major brain study

I think it's time to face facts that we can't brag about our owner's integrity anymore.

The baseball steroid commission was a national embarrassment.

But not the Mitchell Report. Not one of the players named in that report went after Sen. George Mitchell or his investigators. Not one. That was the report where Roger Clemens was named. He went after the trainer who testified before Congress, but never did a thing to refute the claims in the Mitchell Report.

The PED scandal in baseball has consistently produced physical evidence, while the NFL uses hearsay and interpretation of text messages to accuse its players of wrongdoing.

The other professional leagues have substantially higher standards than the NFL when they accuse players of wrongdoing. As this thread exclaims, Roger Goodell is the most corrupt person in sports now that Seth Blatter is gone.

I have to think that one of the things the NFL is the most afraid of is a minimally-invasive test that can diagnose/measure the extent of CTE damage in living people.

Because if such a test is developed, NFL players and college players and probably HS players will be taking that test each year. And if it shows CTE and that it increases and that it's meaningfully-different than the amount in the general population, football is toast.

I have to think that one of the things the NFL is the most afraid of is a minimally-invasive test that can diagnose/measure the extent of CTE damage in living people.

Because if such a test is developed, NFL players and college players and probably HS players will be taking that test each year. And if it shows CTE and that it increases and that it's meaningfully-different than the amount in the general population, football is toast.

Football as we know it is toast. 2015 football is a heck of a lot different from 1890 football. The NCAA reforms pushed by Teddy Roosevelt really changed the game - and they worked. For football to survive, it'll need to adapt again, and it'll look a lot different than today's game but still be the same in essence.

Maybe this is too off-topic (and a little more serious that the stupid jokes I usually post), but my university is working on exactly something of the type, although not me personally.

It is based on eye responses and eye movement, the nerves involved in eye and eye movement are cranial nerves that exit the brain directly. Already physicians will shine a light in someone's eyes to look for lack of pupil constriction to diagnose concussions. The research is essentially trying to develop improved concussion diagnosis from more sophisticated analysis of eye response and movement.

So, maybe that minimally invasive test may be on the way. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back