PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Drew Brees gets his deal, will make insane money

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, when exactly has any defense stopped the offense aus?. and Brees is the problem?
Na its defense, always has been.

Just last year, the Saints were held to

in the regular season. The Patriots were held to 23 or fewer points only 3 times in the regular season. The year before, it was the Saints held to 23 or less 7 times (including scores of 14/16/17/17/13) to the Patriots 4.

You're talking out of your ass here, and it's making us feel embarrassed for you because you're usually a pretty solid poster.

Last edited:
pherein, quit being disingenuous. I asked you to compare apples with apples not apples with oranges. Graham and Gronkowski are both the centre pieces of our offenses (outside of Brees and Brady). Graham was fully fit going into the 49ers game and despite being taken out of the game twice, had a massive influence in the game. Gronkowski on the other hand, did not go into the game fully fit and was ineffective during the Superbowl loss. My question to you is if the roles were reversed and Graham was the one with the high ankle sprain and Gronkowski was fully fit, what do you think the outcomes of the games would have been

aus we would have beat the Giants in any Dome without Graham sorry. He didn't need to be in the game because their secondary is not good and our OL can hold them.
Seriously Colston, Moore, Meachem, Henderson, Arrington, Thomas, Sproles, Ivory, common.
In our offense Graham is a luxury not the focal point. Just worked out that way this season.
Graham will be nothing next season, your not getting our offense, You watch Graham will fall into obscurity.

You need Gronk, we did not need a star TE, we had other guys. In a Dome, mind you, no way they beat us. We are good at that.

Last edited:
aus we would have beat the Giants in any Dome without Graham sorry. He didn't need to be in the game because their secondary is not good and our OL can hold them.
Seriously Colston, Moore, Meachem, Henderson, Arrington, Thomas, Sproles, Ivory, common.
In our offense Graham is a luxury not the focal point. Just worked out that way this season.
Graham will be nothing next season, your not getting our offense, You watch Graham will fall into obscurity.

You need Gronk, we did not need a star TE, we had other guys. In a Dome, mind you, no way they beat us. We are good at that.
Graham caught the most TD's, put up the most receiving yards and caught the most passes for the Saints in 2011.

WTF is wrong with you today?

Just last year, the Saints were held to

in the regular season. The Patriots were held to 23 or fewer points only 3 times in the regular season. The year before, it was the Saints held to 23 or less 7 times (including scores of 14/16/17/17/13) to the Patriots 4.

You're talking out of your ass here, and it's making us feel embarrassed for you because you're usually a pretty solid poster.

Well #1 your division is pretty weak, you know that Deus.How do any of your division teams compare to the Falcons? right.

#2 very disappointed this is being made personal, its suppose to be football talk.

#3 the point is guys are picking on Brees, excuse me if you would not do the same defending TB.

#4 were talking last season.

No Im posting jut fine for my team.

Normally I like your posts, pherein, but you're both wrong and being an ass about it. Not a good combination.

Last edited:
Well #1 your division is pretty weak, you know that Deus.How do any of your division teams compare to the Falcons? right.

The four teams that held the Saints last year were the Jaguars, Bucs, Rams and Titans.

#2 very disappointed this is being made personal, its suppose to be football talk.

Go back and read the thread. You're no angel in this.

#3 the point is guys are picking on Brees, excuse me if you would not do the same defending TB.

Pointing out that Brees lied about not going for the most money (more than Manning and Brady) in his contract is not picking on Brees. It's just pointing out the truth. I pointed out that Manning was full of crap when he was talking about his contract, too.

#4 were talking last season.

I put the data in for last season. I also put the data in for the season before to show that it wasn't a one-off thing.

No Im posting jut fine for my team.

No, you're not. You're clowning yourself.

Graham caught the most TD's, put up the most receiving yards and caught the most passes for the Saints in 2011.

WTF is wrong with you today?

Dude you don't get it. If Graham didn't exist it would have been someone else.
I said the same thing before you played us in 2009. In 2009 Shockey was tops in the NFL. Its just not sinking in.
Our WR coaching staff is crazy good.
We have lots of guys, and are deep. We love Graham, but unlike NE we wouldn't worry about loosing him. Like you worry about losing Gronk.
Hell when fans think Griffin can even come close to Henderson, thats funny, but they do.
Theres nothing wrong with me aus. I feel the same saying what I say, and ppl making fun of me like before we played that game 2009. I know this team.
I told you before, I respect your opinion greatly, but I am very serious.

Truth is Saints don't need Graham, and thats the truth. You know that Aus, its why were so dangerous. Our RB and WR core is pretty deep.

Graham is a luxury. You need Gronk

Last edited:
Pointing out that Brees lied about not going for the most money (more than Manning and Brady) in his contract is not picking on Brees. It's just pointing out the truth. I pointed out that Manning was full of crap when he was talking about his contract, too.

Sorry Deus not in my nature to let you put down TB or Brees. You have no idea about the person, and both have been nothing but loving. You do not know these men, but judge only one, and not your QB.
Brees has a family, loving wife and 3 kids now. He's dedicated to them and she's not a super model.
I think TB is a a great person I admire, and I think Drew is too. Thats were I stand.
can't believe your going here. Who the F@ck would not go for the most money? Gad, and were stupid in NO? I Posted how this would play out 3 months ago. Its about money, ppl need to grow up.

Last edited:
Dude you don't get it. If Graham didn't exist it would have been someone else.
Perhaps but unlikely given the statistics I presented to you earlier.

I said the same thing before you played us in 2009. In 2009 Shockey was tops in the NFL. Its just not sinking in.
In 2009 Shockey caught 48 receptions for 569 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Our WR coaching staff is crazy good.
I agree, your receivers are excellent as is your staff on offense.

We have lots of guys, and are deep. We love Graham, but unlike NE we wouldn't worry about loosing him. Like you worry about losing Gronk.
I hope it never comes to pass for Saints fans sake but this is a stupid comment.

Hell when fans think Griffin can even come close to Henderson, thats funny, but they do.
Not a point of discussion.

Theres nothing wrong with me aus. I feel the same saying what I say, and ppl making fun of me like before we played that game 2009. I know this team.
There may not be anything wrong with you historically but there's plenty that's downright embarrassing for you today pherein.

I told you before, I respect your opinion greatly, but I am very serious.
That goes both ways, thus my surprise at your bizarre tact today.

Truth is Saints don't need Graham, and thats the truth. You know that Aus, its why were so dangerous. Our RB and WR core is pretty deep.
pherein, taking a Pro Bowl Quarterback off your team isn't a path you want to go down, believe me.

Graham is a luxury. You need Gronk
Graham and Gronkowski are both needs. Don't be so foolish. They're as important as Welker, Colston, Brees and Brady to our offenses.

Sorry Deus not in my nature to let you put down TB or Brees. You have no idea about the person, and both have been nothing but loving. You do not know these men, but judge only one, and not your QB.
Brees has a family, loving wife and 3 kids now. He's dedicated to them and she's not a super model.
I think TB is a a great person I admire, and I think Drew is too. Thats were I stand.
can't believe your going here. Who the F@ck would not go for the most money? Gad, and were stupid in NO? I Posted how this would play out 3 months ago. Its about money, ppl need to grow up.

1.) I'm not putting down Brees by simply noting that he's saying the same sort of nonsense that so many others say. It's S.O.P. when it comes to contract talk.

2.) You're attempting to put down the Patriots with an argument that's been shredded.

3.) "You do not know these men" is ironic coming from a Saints fan who was completely blindsided by the bounty stuff. Do you spend most weekends with Drew in the offseason?

4.) I don't really care who Brees is married to, or her profession. I don't really give care who Brady is married to, or her profession.

5.) I didn't say that you were stupid down in New Orleans. I have said that you're clowning yourself tonight, and I'll stand by that. I really don't care if you can't believe I'm going somewhere. If you post crap, people will point out that it's crap.

Normally I like your posts, pherein, but you're both wrong and being an ass about it. Not a good combination.

Im willing to be an ass to defend my QB, that forums make fun of. Brees is a good guy and worth it.

Threes nor reason to pick on him.
I know we are not changing anyone. But after so many negative post, really ? You thought Id never comment after 100 post ? :)

Guess I should start a Brady sucks thread, in our forum and see who shows.

Last edited:

I don't think anyone's putting down Brady or Brees as a person; if they are, I at least haven't seen it. Pointing out that he wasn't being truthful when he said that it wasn't about the money, sure, but that's just a fact. And it's something that I don't begrudge or hold against him, because 99% of the time it is about the money. Even in Brady's case, the team-friendly contract that he took still made him the highest-paid player in NFL history for a short time before Manning signed his deal. Even lying about it like he did isn't really a big deal; it's how the public aspect of contract negotiations always go.

Im willing to be an ass to defend my QB, that forums make fun of. Brees is a good guy and worth it.

I know we are not changing anyone. But after so many negative post, really ? You thought Id never comment after 100 post ? :)

Who's making fun of Brees? I haven't seen it.

your nuts or haven't read this thread BradyFTW

I've seen statements that he is good-but-not-great outdoors and that he lied about it not being about the money. These are both facts, and neither one is by any means an indictment of him as a person. You must have set the bar pretty low if you consider that to be making fun of him. Brees is a hell of a QB and by all accounts a good guy, and the posters on this forum overwhelmingly recognize that.

Threes nor reason to pick on him.

Guess I should start a Brady sucks thread, in our forum and see who shows.

At some point in time, probably half of the NFL fan forums on the net have had a "Brady sucks" thread. I've never posted in any of them, because what the hell do I care what a bunch of jealous fans from other teams think? There are probably 28 teams whose fans would do just about anything to be able to root for a QB like Brady (or Brees), but if they want to pretend otherwise, then I won't stop em.

Brady definitely doesn't suck... but... I do have to point out that when Matt Cassell stepped in for Brady, the team didn't miss a beat. He goes to another team and sucks balls. That tells me that the system is part of Brady's success.
Every time Brees is on the bench, his backup sucks - no matter who it is.
I just wanted to throw that out there as food for thought.

One more tidbit:
The same defense that held Brady and co to 17 points in the Superbowl was torched by Brees and co to the tune of 49 points. Both games in a dome.

Brady definitely doesn't suck... but... I do have to point out that when Matt Cassell stepped in for Brady, the team didn't miss a beat. He goes to another team and sucks balls. That tells me that the system is part of Brady's success.

One more tidbit:
The same defense that held Brady and co to 17 points in the Superbowl was torched by Brees and co to the tune of 49 points. Both games in a dome.

They are coming out of the woodwork...

One more tidbit:

They went from 16-0 to 11-5 against the easiest schedule in the league. Since when is a 5 game difference over the course of a 16 game schedule considered "not missing a beat?"

Also look at Cassels numbers from 2010, they compare favorably to 2008.

Cant really argue the last point other than for some reason the Giants have our number while the Saints own them. Matchups are odd and without Gronk healthy our offense took a big hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News