Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you mourn our Pursuit of Perfection...or celebrate Getting Back To FootBall??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Panthers have a very good shot at going undefeated. They don't play anybody tough and the teams that are heading into the playoffs aren't exactly on a roll. Injuries will be the only thing to stop them, just like they stopped the Pats.
I will say that it will be enjoyable to have another team have to deal with the spotlight of being the last undefeated team this late in the season.

It's not easy....I bet they lose to the Saints.

Another shot and in all likelihood our last shot at 19-0.

Why? Do you really think Brady is going to drop off a lot next year? We're in good cap shape, most of the key players are signed. Granted, we were robbed of a first round draft pick put this team will likely be even better next year than this. If we get a bit luckier with injuries next year I can see the Pats going for perfection again.

My regret is that the Revenge Tour suffered a minor setback on Sunday night. But as long as we end up hoisting the Lombardi I can live with a regular season loss or two.

"Expectoration" refers to spitting.

No kidding. I had no Idea. ;)

I've been employing that Colloquialism for quite a while, now.

Sort of in the way of Perpetrating a Crime, if you will. :p

I feel a mixture of regret and relief that has me feeling indifferent. This Patriots team is much more interesting than last year's team. I really had a hard time rooting for Revis and Browner and this year it has been intriguing watching how they have patched in for injured players to grind out some tough games.

If they had stayedcompletely healthy, I may have gotten bored (sarcasm)

regret only for TB12 and BB. Wanted 16-0 so bad for them.

I wanted 19-0 and i venture the majority of fans did as well if they say now they don't mind. Well there is always next year :)

Honestly next year they have a very good shot a at 19-0 (if they stay healthy).

Don't get me wrong if losing this games means a likelier chance at a SB win then I am all for it. I don't mind how you can make that argument though as IMO no injured players they perhaps could have coaxed into playing would have been able to play effectively anyway.

Well I will settle for a SB this year then 19-0 next year for the 3-peat.

That's exactly where I'm coming from!!

How insane would it be if we pulled off the 1st Trifecta and the first 19-0??? Woot!!

Why? Do you really think Brady is going to drop off a lot next year? We're in good cap shape, most of the key players are signed. Granted, we were robbed of a first round draft pick put this team will likely be even better next year than this. If we get a bit luckier with injuries next year I can see the Pats going for perfection again.

My regret is that the Revenge Tour suffered a minor setback on Sunday night. But as long as we end up hoisting the Lombardi I can live with a regular season loss or two.

Because going 16-0 is hard and you don't get many realistic chances to do it.

I'm upset about how they lost the game and the chance for a perfect season and am now extremely concerned about the officiating.

The Patriots may have to be two TD's better than their opponents to ensure the refs cannot steal another game from them. Just being the better team on the field may not be good enough anymore.

It was the first time I have ever thought that someone was getting paid to throw a flag. There were just too many calls/non-calls for it to be based upon poor officiating alone. IMO

I dont care about stupid records, the only one that counts for me is a SB win. Shoot most people I know have no clue Miami went undefeated.

In saying that the odds are a team wont go undefeated, the more you win in a row the more the odds are against you. its hard to win games, no matter who you play and the more you win the harder it is.

Actually, in some ways, it would be cool to be like, "yeah, 18-1 *****es!" when we're hoisting the Lombardi in February.

Actually, in some ways, it would be cool to be like, "yeah, 18-1 *****es!" when we're hoisting the Lombardi in February.

Even better that Mercury Morris and Don Shula would have to thank the pats...lmao!

I never want to see them lose. I never feel good about a loss. I dont care about headlines about a perfect season, or anything like that, but losing sucks.

Theres only so many games in a season. Who the hell wants to lose?

Last I knew no one wants to lose but if it gives them the freedom to rest up before the playoffs without hurting their seed then it doesn't bother me.

I think he League does not reward the Team with the best regular season record going into the Playoffs.

Belichick thinks Paul Brown was the greatest Coach in Pro Football history, and he has not a single award in his name. Many of his records were unacknowledged thanks to the juvenile envy of George Halas.

I would like the League to acknowledge the AAFC records, like it acknowledges and integrates the AFL records, and also the league's best single season record with the award of a new Trophy, the Paul Brown Trophy.

I wanted to rest starters against Suh & Company in Miami anyway, so semi-relief, but we got hosed in that game.

I think he League does not reward the Team with the best regular season record going into the Playoffs.

Belichick thinks Paul Brown was the greatest Coach in Pro Football history, and he has not a single award in his name. Many of his records were unacknowledged thanks to the juvenile envy of George Halas.

I would like the League to acknowledge the AAFC records, like it acknowledges and integrates the AFL records, and also the league's best single season record with the award of a new Trophy, the Paul Brown Trophy.
I think the Lamar Hunt Trophy should be renamed the Brady Trophy after he retires.

"And the question was...Which one is it?"[/QUOTE]
"I'm sure you do feel a little bit of both. But I know damn well that you feel one...more than you feel the other."

"And the question was...Which one is it?"

I think the answer is clear: the draining Burden of High Expectorations was just too unacceptably high, it would have bit us in the butt in the last game of the season against the Dolphins, they are just too good in that department. :eek:

c631378d96d939022dc4ed94f91d79f5.jpg

I was completely devastated when they lost, and incredibly angry because of HOW they lost with all the BS penalties, Harper fumbling the game away up by 14, Chung dropping a game winning interception, Lafell dropping a 50+ yard bomb thru his hands, etc etc etc

In hindsight now that its over and Gronk isn't lost for the season I'm over it

I feel a mixture of regret and relief that has me feeling indifferent. This Patriots team is much more interesting than last year's team...this year it has been intriguing watching how they have patched in for injured players to grind out some tough games.
Well said. This team is very interesting-Games can be painful to watch, but I love seeing who will rise to the occasion each and every game. I really love the defense-I never thought they would be as good as they have been and it has been fun to watch them come together. And regret, relief, and indifference is where I am at too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes