Welcome to PatsFans.com

Reiss: updates on Thomas and Maroney

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DefenseRules, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +230 / 6 / -1

#12 Jersey

Patriots blog - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2008
  2. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It's good that through all the harsh criticism Maroney is hearing it and building on it. I can't say it's all unjustified, and I'm glad he unlike most athletes doesn't whine and will at least work towards it. If only he can learn to stay healthy....

We could be reallllly deep at RB next year.

3. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +401 / 28 / -48

#50 Jersey

The fact that Maroney is just now getting started on re-habbing his shoulder and that its a 9 month process tells me that he had surgery on it. Its going to be interesting to see how he performs next year.

4. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,809 / 79 / -77

Disable Jersey

I think at this point, you've got to start wondering about those shoulders, since we don't have the info to tell us if they were similar injuries or just a freak coincidence. If this guy is the Kendrick Perkins of the Patriots, his career is already all but done.

5. BradfordPatsFan

BradfordPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I did not read it to say that the 9 month process is shoulder-specific. It says a nine month process to get stronger and get better, I take that to be a full body training program.

6. bitsygirl

bitsygirl Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think it's time to call Junior.

7. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +401 / 28 / -48

#50 Jersey

I'm not so sure. He could have had an issue with the shoulder dislocating. If that is the case, the surgery will fix the problem and it shouldn't be an issue going forward.

8. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,809 / 79 / -77

Disable Jersey

That's actually the issue I'm talking about. Perkins has that problem, and you may recall him having the surgery and still injuring it in the NBA finals. The surgery is supposed to solve the problem, but it's not a 100% thing.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,737 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Good for him. I wish Maroney the best. Join Brady, Harrison and AD in rehab.

10. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Oh yeh LoMo! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. swheeler23

swheeler23 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

12. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

More on Maroney (and Moss fine) from Reiss. Nice read.

Felt bad on realizing that he was playing the Jets game hurt. I was one of those wondering why he is unable to get the yards in that game that the other RBs facing the same D were able to easily get.

Patriots running back Maroney elaborates on 'issues' - The Boston Globe

From Reiss' piece:
    ============
    Maroney, who clarified that his "issues" had nothing to do with Bill Belichick, was asked if he felt conflicted about not disclosing his injury because it can create a negative perception. "That's the only bad thing about it," he said, "not being able to really explain what's going on, not being able to really let people know what's going on.

"That just lets people say what they want and assume what they want - that he's out and he's not really giving his all. They don't know what's going on behind the scenes." Given a chance to provide those details, Maroney said he was following a team edict to keep them under wraps.

Maroney, 23, acknowledged that he had some hesitation showing up to yesterday's event. "I might think too much, overanalyze things," he said. "If I was a fan and my first-rounder was hurt, how would I feel? Would I be here if I was them? Maybe. Maybe not.

"[But] looking out there and seeing them, and seeing people on the street and they're saying, 'We hope your injury gets better, we hope you come back healthy,' it boosts my spirits a bit. They still trust that I can come back and be a running back that they've been waiting for."

===========

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  13. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,906 / 32 / -49

No Jersey Selected

I say this from experience but believe me: there is no one surgery that can fully repair a dislocated shoulder. It will dislocate again if hit the wrong way.

14. Nunchucks

Nunchucks In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +200 / 13 / -7

I've had shoulder surgery becaus of frequent dislocations. My labrum was torn off the bone and my shoulder was basically floating around and would dislocate all the time. The first thing you have to understand about shoulder surgery is that it is extremly painful. If Maroney had surgery to fix a dislocation issue, he would be in a sling for 6 weeks and after that he would be favoring that shoulder quite a bit for another 6 weeks.

He probably did not rehab his shoulder right and never really got comfortable with how it felt when beng hit by 250 lbs men trying to rip his head off. The first full year after having surgery, I didn't feel right either, so I can understand him not being truly ready to play.

Another 9 months of rehab should do him worlds of good, especially if he takes it seriously and puts everything he has into it.

The one thing abou Maroney is that he is extremely talented, he has all the running sklls you could ask for in a RB...hopefully he gets the opportunity to show us why he was drafted in the first round next season, but if not......I like the Law firm as well...reminds me a little bit of Ruddy Johnson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.