PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Peppers Deal Appears Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also say hi to Woods, Banta-Cain and the additional two LB's that Belichick is yet to add to compete in camp.

Come down off the ledge, you'll be fine. AD/Redd/Crable/Alexander say hello.

Also say hi to Woods, Banta-Cain and the additional two LB's that Belichick is yet to add to compete in camp.

Be honest.... the bolded part is the only part that really offers comfort. ;)

who needs em. he was dominated in the superbowl by the pats oline.

:)

It does indeed give me comfort that Jason Taylor is still out there. But I do expect a couple of others whether or not he is signed after mini-camp.

I do think more of Woods and Banta-Cain than you do. I suspect that Belichick does also.

Be honest.... the bolded part is the only part that really offers comfort. ;)

Come down off the ledge, you'll be fine. AD/Redd/Crable/Alexander say hello.

AD plays on the other side. Alexander? You mean the guy who was running all over the field in the 2006 AFCCG like a chicken with his head cut off?

And you honestly are trying to sell me Redd/Crable=Vrabel?

Wow; but hey, at least we stockpiled picks for the 2010 draft, the same picks we'll trade away for picks in the 2011 draft........................

Last edited:
Lol besides ad the rest of those guys aren't much of a threat. Did u forget bout woods?

And once again, AD plays on the other side of the field.

IF the point of throwing Vrabel into the trade was because Peppers was signed, sealed and delivered, I'd be over the moon.

But it's becoming clearer by the day that is not the case, so I don't get why Vrabel was included, you just weakened a spot on your D that you didn't have to, there's no "addition by subtraction" in this case.

Woods and Banta-Cain; this gets more comical by the minute..............

im gonna regret this

but is the pass rush really that bad? last year at the end of the season the D wasn't awful and that was without adullius thomas. now we have Thomas and no vrabel so shouldnt we be better then last year solely based on the fact that we increased the talent of secondary. also who ever took over for thomas should be in a better spot to start this season right?

or am i completely missing something?

Last edited:
And once again, AD plays on the other side of the field.

IF the point of throwing Vrabel into the trade was because Peppers was signed, sealed and delivered, I'd be over the moon.

But it's becoming clearer by the day that is not the case, so I don't get why Vrabel was included, you just weakened a spot on your D that you didn't have to, there's no "addition by subtraction" in this case.

probably because they didn't want to be on the hook for $4m.

If something were to happen regarding Peppers, the Pats would play it slow and show no interest until the Panthers were desperate, and Peppers wanted out bad enough to compromise on month. And neither may happen.

But if this is to happen, it will appear dead for a while before it does.

The only way a deal would go down is if Peppers, not the Panthers, becomes desperate.

"He's dead, Jim" :spygate:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes