PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Pats hosting Leigh Bodden today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I dunno about that. Bodden actually played, and started, for years. He was the #1 corner on two teams. They were bad teams, but he at least played. Seward has been on the field less than Marquise Hill.

:nono::rip:

I was thinking more along the lines that this thread is going to go on forever, whether Bodden comes here or not.

I like Bodden more than Seward as a player. Seward is just an STer, Bodden would at least be a starting caliber player. But as long as he's a FA, we'll keep bumping this thread, posting in it, assuming he is coming here...like Adam friggin Seward.

Exactly. It's one thing to be posting about a Tom Brady 5 days after he left his visit. It's another thing when it's Leigh Bodden.

unrequited love can be so hard on a person...

I'm proud to say, I still don't know who the hell this Seward guy is.

Yeah, I think we could survive by drafting a corner and going w/ the other three. Some JAGs for camp might be nice. Someone has to make Spann and Richardson look promising. :D

Agree, Seward was a JAG everyone on this site wanted last year.
Many think Bodden is actually a qualified starting NFL CB probably better than Lito Sheppard. For a terrible Loins team he has 73 Tackles, 11 PDF and one INT in 15 games. Our starter Hobbs in 16 games had 47 tackles, 11 PDF and 3 INT. Bodden is also 6'1" not 5' 8".

He might not be an All Pro but he is worth signing as he is still young and might be unfortunately, the most talented CB on our team until the draft either when and if we do sign him. He is out of Detroit because of a weird contract scenario. Good for him and us.

DW Toys
Not just that, but he played very well his two years under Romeo. He should have a bit of a jump on learning the Pats system.

I think he is better than Lito, myself, who I see as a nickel back. Probablyl Bodden will play nickel also, behind Hobbs and Wheatley, but I think Lodden woould be a better fill-in if a starter went down.

This is assuming he stays healthy, of course

Some thought that the reference to M. Hill was offensive. So I went in and deleted it. It was reported.

However if you find a post to be tasteless and offensive, don't "quote" it. That way it doesn't live on after it was deleted.

Some thought that the reference to M. Hill was offensive. So I went in and deleted it. It was reported.

However if you find a post to be tasteless and offensive, don't "quote" it. That way it doesn't live on after it was deleted.

Sorry bout that- edited my post and deleted out the quote.

I'm really wondering why this guy or at least SOMEONE isn't signed. We have that much cap room, what else ware they focusing on and if they aren't what exactly are these guys asking to be paid? I'm not someone looking for a name to sign everyday, but we need something at either CB/S/LB.

We pretty much give Vrabel away for salary purposes, and so far we've done nothing to improve this defense. They can't be counting on Crabel, and I doubt they're counting on Woods. I just hope they're not planning on adding anything, I'd really question WTF this FO is doing if that's the case. We need DEFENSE.

I think the reason people are hitting this thread so much is because we're starving for something, ANYTHING for our defense. This team is one and done waiting to happen with the D as it is, we need additions to be made.

I'm really wondering why this guy or at least SOMEONE isn't signed. We have that much cap room, what else ware they focusing on and if they aren't what exactly are these guys asking to be paid? I'm not someone looking for a name to sign everyday, but we need something at either CB/S/LB.

We pretty much give Vrabel away for salary purposes, and so far we've done nothing to improve this defense. They can't be counting on Crabel, and I doubt they're counting on Woods. I just hope they're not planning on adding anything, I'd really question WTF this FO is doing if that's the case. We need DEFENSE.

I think the reason people are hitting this thread so much is because we're starving for something, ANYTHING for our defense. This team is one and done waiting to happen with the D as it is, we need additions to be made.

Based on Miguel's latest cap numbers, I'm not sure that we really do have a lot of cap room. I wouldn't be surprised if, from here on out, they try to extend some of their own guys, rely on young guys to improve, and go from there.

Based on Miguel's latest cap numbers, I'm not sure that we really do have a lot of cap room. I wouldn't be surprised if, from here on out, they try to extend some of their own guys, rely on young guys to improve, and go from there.

I haven't seen it, but how wouldn't we? We at least have over 10 mill off the books from trading Cassel, not to mention Vrabel's cap figure. We don't have enough to at least sign ONE guy?

This team is ******ed to go into the season with what we have. If we're relying on Woods, who added no pressure last year, and a guy who's pretty much in his rookie season having spent all of his 1st year on IR to help our front 7, we really would be losing our touch.

Again, I don't expect a move like getting Peppers. But I cannot see them going without anymore additions and counting on rookies who have never touched a 16 game season to carry a defense with super bowl expectations.

I haven't seen it, but how wouldn't we? We at least have over 10 mill off the books from trading Cassel, not to mention Vrabel's cap figure. We don't have enough to at least sign ONE guy?

This team is ******ed to go into the season with what we have. If we're relying on Woods, who added no pressure last year, and a guy who's pretty much in his rookie season having spent all of his 1st year on IR to help our front 7, we really would be losing our touch.

Again, I don't expect a move like getting Peppers. But I cannot see them going without anymore additions and counting on rookies who have never touched a 16 game season to carry a defense with super bowl expectations.

It depends what Bodden is looking for. Looking at what some other CB's have gotten this year it's not a good year to be shopping for one. Obviously he's not at the level of the elite corners that were tagged or got monster deals, but if he's looking for even half of what they got it's too much for someone you're not sure about. Might be better to draft a CB, but we will see. HOPEFULLY we do see him come here for a decent contract.

I agree with you if bb is relying on woods tbc and a handful of rookies that leaves me with a bad feelng. Just bodden bring him in and I'm good through fa. Add a couple lbs and dbs in the draft and look how much the defense will improve.

As some of the cap geeks have been trying to tell us, it's looking like the Pats will be able to afford ONE good FA OLB or CB. I think they're waiting on an OLB, specifically Taylor, unless the CB comes at a steep discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft