PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss Just Tweeted: Cunningham Back at Practice!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

d%#*!@t. I swear I read that in Reiss blogs last week.

I'll look it up and fall on the sword if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Just as an update, since there seems to be some confusion:

Meanwhile, defensive lineman Myron Pryor was the lone player not spotted at the start of practice today. Pryor missed five games at the end of the season with a back injury before returning for the season finale.

Cunningham returns; Pryor still out - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Now, that's obviously not the full practice, but Pryor was reportedly not there to stat things off.

However, judging from what BB said, Pryor is at least on the premises:

"We got everyone in here, fought through the snow," coach Bill Belichick said Wednesday afternoon. "We have some experienced Northeast drivers on our team."

Asked if anyone was late, Belichick simply said: "We're all here."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4691655/all-pats-players-make-it-to-work

Last edited:
I have a gut feeling that Eric Moore is gonna have a very good game along with Cunningham.

I am the Minister of Misinformation today no question.

Saw this on 1/7 in Reiss blogs.

Myron Pryor -- Mostly utilized as an interior sub rusher, Pryor has also lined up at nose tackle and end in the 3-4. In the finale, he returned from a back injury that sidelined him 7 games, but he left in the third quarter with an eye injury. The eye turned out to be OK, but the back remains a concern.

Also saw this on 1/5. Based on this info, my assumption was that Pryor was present for practice.

Cunningham, Moore, tight end Aaron Hernandez (hip) and defensive lineman Mike Wright (concussion) were the four players not spotted at the start of practice.

Meanwhile, running back Danny Woodhead (head), center Dan Koppen (unknown) and guard Dan Connolly (concussion) wore red, non-contact jerseys at practice. Also, inside linebacker Brandon Spikes was back on the practice field for the first time following his NFL-imposed four-game suspension.

Not sure what to say. Obviously to some extent he is still nicked up.

Last edited:
Just as an update, since there seems to be some confusion:

Cunningham returns; Pryor still out - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Now, that's obviously not the full practice, but Pryor was reportedly not there to stat things off.

However, judging from what BB said, Pryor is at least on the premises:

All Pats players make it to work - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

"We're all here" could mean "everyone I'm expecting is here" but hopefully not.

Awesome. Maybe more an effect of "impending huge game" than improved health, but it's all good. We are a tad soft on the outside with TBC and Nink, so more options now. Despite Mangold at center, I still think we'll see quite a bit of Wilfork on the end of the line.

Awesome. Maybe more an effect of "impending huge game" than improved health, but it's all good. We are a tad soft on the outside with TBC and Nink, so more options now. Despite Mangold at center, I still think we'll see quite a bit of Wilfork on the end of the line.

Jets RG Damien Woody just placed on IR.

Good news. I like the thought of Moore and Cunningham rushing from opposite ends. We should get a couple of sacks and pressure this game.

Good news. I like the thought of Moore and Cunningham rushing from opposite ends. We should get a couple of sacks and pressure this game.

Moore has been nothing short of outstanding.

Nice, would be great to get Pryor back. If we do that means of all the players to actually contribute in 2010 we're only missing Wilhite, Wright, and Brace (IIRC). Of those 3, the first 2 had been missing most of the 2nd half anyways. Can't ask for much better health for the playoffs.

Last edited:

Could be. Of course TBC (5) sacks and Nink (4) sacks, are the teams best pash rushing OLB's. Cunningham has one sack this season.

Nice, would be great to get Pryor back. If we do that means of all the players to actually contribute in 2010 we're only missing Wilhite, Wright, and Brace (IIRC). Of those 3, the first 2 had been missing most of the 2nd half anyways. Can't ask for much better health for the playoffs.

And Ghost. And Faulk. And Neal. It's easy to forget because the pats are so deep and the media doesn't constantly harp on their injuries like they do for the Colts and Packers.

...Ty Warren...

Cunningham draft day notes.
Think the kid will be any good?
Heh

53 Jermaine Cunningham DL Gator 6-4, 266, 1.57 sec 10-yd split. 5.0 40. can hit and hit and hit.

powerful, effective run stopper,relentless motor, long arms wrap up ball carriers explodes off ball.
NFL.com “disruptive player on the Florida defense.” bb“will be an end-of-the-line player,”
did play lb and drop into coverage at Florida. mostly an end.
physical, above all else
sack: 19.5 final three years

Takeo Spikes from Georgia, got to know Cunningham and watch him play at Stephenson High School in Stone Mountain, Ga., when the NFL veteran tore his Achilles’ in 2005 and went home to do his rehabilitation work.
“I tell you what, I thought it was a great pick by them,” “People were saying, ‘Who is that?’ Trust me, you’ve got a good football player there.”“He can definitely pass rush,” “We know that from seeing him at Florida and I think he’s athletic enough to where he will be able to get it done on the outside.”

Cunningham said: “I’m a hard worker and fundamental technician.”“I’m not worried about anyone else,” “I’m just trying to be the best player I can be.”“It’s all football. I’m a football player,” “I’m going to study the playbooks and just do whatever it takes to get better, and keep on getting better.”
Plays hard, but is rather soft-spoken and modest about his abilities.
Thomas Welch,play against Cunn. the past few years referred to Cunningham as one of best players he faced during his collegiate career.He’s a great player,” “I’m just excited to have him on my team.”

That’s a huge compliment considering the Florida players Welch attempted to block prior to tangling with Cunningham. Jarvis Moss and Derrick Harvey, first-round picks in 2007 and ’08, respectively, preceded Cunningham on the Gators defensive line.

Ty, not forgotten.

Attachments

• Ty-Warren.jpg
    Ty-Warren.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Could be. Of course TBC (5) sacks and Nink (4) sacks, are the teams best pash rushing OLB's. Cunningham has one sack this season.

Stats really don't tell the whole story. I've seen Cunningham put more pressure and whiff on sacks more than TBC and Nink.

Eric Moore has been our pass rusher since we signed him as well.

Not taking anything away from TBC and Nink, but I have more faith in Cunningham and Moore putting more pressure on Sanchez.

Was wilhite really a loss though? Darius Butler is playing a lot better than wilhite did imo. It's always nice to have dept though.

He would have two if there was a penalty for grabbing a player's facemask...oh, wait.

Stats really don't tell the whole story. I've seen Cunningham put more pressure and whiff on sacks more than TBC and Nink.

Eric Moore has been our pass rusher since we signed him as well.

Not taking anything away from TBC and Nink, but I have more faith in Cunningham and Moore putting more pressure on Sanchez.

Cunningham in my opinion won the game against the Colts for us with his great pressure on Manning that caused the Sanders interception at the end of the game.

Cunningham's been getting to the QB the most of any of them though. Pressure can be just as valuable as a sack. Matt Flynn doesn't throw that ball into Arrington's hands without Eric Moore bearing down on him completely unblocked.

Cunningham had his best game of the season (IMO) against the Jets on MNF. Lets hope he can do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results