PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss concerned about Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXACTLY - mmmmmmmmmmmm is more than one vowel short of a good point. Even WITH binoculars, a tape, recorder, and a valet to bring you refreshments, it would be almost IMPOSSIBLE for him to document with THAT kind of detail the result s of a individual or group drill, Especially, when often have 2 groups running simultaneously.

If you want to prove your point, mmmmmmmmmmm, your going to have do better than smug asides.,

During one on one line drills, there are not two groups. There is one group. Within that group, one player from the offense goes against one player on the defense. Bedard specifically mentions that it is only a tabulation of one on one drills, not two on twos or full team. Again, it is very easy to see exactly what's going on and jot down results in the 10-15 seconds in between each go. I'm not sure what part of this you think is too difficult. Perhaps Bedard has a higher mental capacity than you.

During one on one line drills, there are not two groups. There is one group. Within that group, one player from the offense goes against one player on the defense. Bedard specifically mentions that it is only a tabulation of one on one drills, not two on twos or full team. Again, it is very easy to see exactly what's going on and jot down results in the 10-15 seconds in between each go. I'm not sure what part of this you think is too difficult. Perhaps Bedard has a higher mental capacity than you.

M. that's not how it works. Given the vast numbers of players on the field at this time you'd NEVER run a single line during individual one on one's during group. If you did you'd NEVER get enough reps in the drill to make it worthwhile. Hell, we rarely did it when I coached in HS where we had half the players and quarter of the staff.

I'm not questioning Bedard's integrity here. I'm just very curious about his methodology in attaining his numbers. I'm questioning the logistics of how he gathered his data, and where he was located when the drills went on and where the drills were held. Again it seemed to me that the detail he noted was the kind of detail that you get watching film, not on the fly.

And as to your last remark,(which I almost missed) you smug little twerp. I have watched and forgotten more football than Bedard.....or you have experienced in your lifetimes . And I did it for over 15 years as a profession. So I think I would know, at least SOMETHING about the subject.

Last edited:
M. that's not how it works. Given the vast numbers of players on the field at this time you'd NEVER run a single line during individual one on one's during group. If you did you'd NEVER get enough reps in the drill to make it worthwhile. Hell, we rarely did it when I coached in HS where we had half the players and quarter of the staff.

I'm not questioning Bedard's integrity here. I'm just very curious about his methodology in attaining his numbers. I'm questioning the logistics of how he gathered his data, and where he was located when the drills went on and where the drills were held. Again it seemed to me that the detail he noted was the kind of detail that you get watching film, not on the fly.

And as to your last remark,(which I almost missed) you smug little twerp. I have watched and forgotten more football than Bedard.....or you have experienced in your lifetimes . And I did it for over 15 years as a profession. So I think I would know, at least SOMETHING about the subject.

I really don't give two craps what you think you know about football or what you did in practice in high school. Im interested in what actually occurred during the pats practices this year. This is patsfans.com, not patfankenfans.com. The fact that you think you were a pop Warner star does not somehow give you more credibility than someone who actually watched the drills and reported the results in a manner as objectively as possible after every single practice.

Its obvious that you have some agenda or inferiority complex. I seriously don't give a crap if you think you're better than him or whatever. He's providing actual reports from camp while you're spewing a bunch of BS. If you think he owes you an explanation of the exact details of where he was and where the players were, send him an email or something.

Last edited:
And by the way, the comment about me being more than one vowel short of a point was ******* hilarious, I will give you that.

I really don't give two craps what you think you know about football or what you did in practice in high school. Im interested in what actually occurred during the pats practices this year. This is patsfans.com, not patfankenfans.com. The fact that you think you were a pop Warner star does not somehow give you more credibility than someone who actually watched the drills and reported the results in a manner as subjectively as possible after every single practice.

Its obvious that you have some agenda or inferiority complex. I seriously don't give a crap if you think you're better than him or whatever. He's providing actual reports from camp while you're spewing a bunch of BS. If you think he owes you an explanation of the exact details of where he was and where the players were, send him an email or something.

I wish there was a dislike button just for posts like this.

nnmmnmnmn, if you want to be a contributor here, you need to learn to address the post, not just insult the poster when you're wrong.

I wish there was a dislike button just for posts like this.

nnmmnmnmn, if you want to be a contributor here, you need to learn to address the post, not just insult the poster when you're wrong.

I was addressing the posts. And when the poster ran out of arguments and tried to pull the "I know more about football than you, so I'm automatically right", I addressed that post too.

not bothering...........

Last edited:
You started with the smartassery.

It's not exactly a good way to endear yourself with the posters here. If that's something you care about, anyway.

Really? Post 215 looks pretty smartassy to me. Not only is being told that I'm "blithely" following a report, but it also goes on to make some baseless accusations against what have been, IMO, the most thorough and accurate camp reports this year. I'm not sure what kind of response you'd expect to that?

Sincerely,
The guy a few vowels short of a point

not bothering...........

Feel free jump right in if you have any thoughts on the link I posted this morning, or thoughts on Cunningham, or whatever, if you don't want to bother with the other BS. That would be swell.

Edit: and yes, at this point I fully agree that I'm being a snarky *******. If we could discuss actual football instead of baselessly attacking camp reports, I would probably not be like that.

Last edited:
Feel free jump right in if you have any thoughts on the link I posted this morning, or thoughts on Cunningham, or whatever, if you don't want to bother with the other BS. That would be swell.

I've already made my thoughts on Cunningham clear. In this very thread, even.

And Jeez, now you've got me all riled up and going full tilt here. Now you've done it...

If Reiss or Bedard actually had any credibility or talent in terms of evaluating football players they wouldn't be working in the media.

I was addressing the posts. And when the poster ran out of arguments and tried to pull the "I know more about football than you, so I'm automatically right", I addressed that post too.

No, you absolutely were not.

oh boy, SOMEBODY is going to be REAL popular around here this season. lol

If Reiss or Bedard actually had any credibility or talent in terms of evaluating football players they wouldn't be working in the media.

Has anyone told this to Bill Parcells?

Its not the seeing thats tough, its the watching multiple players at the same time, and tabulating your results without missing anything.

The players don't all stand around while two go at each other.

Actually, that's exactly what they do. They stand around while two players go at it, one on one.

Remember this? I posted it before, but you ignored it and started attacking me for personally attacking posters rather than posts. Hypocritical, no?

Let's all just agree that it is possible to see what happens in one on ones, stop trashing the closest thing we have to factual camp reports, and move on with our lives.

I wasn't aware Parcels was a beat writer or reporter.

You're really going there as your defense?

The argument was a poor one to begin with. Doubling down on it, and changing it at the same time, is just weak. Media people see enough that they can form an opinion and pass that opinion on to their readers. That opinion will be of variable weight, regardless of their jobs.

Do you go to every camp report thread written by a Patsfans.com poster and say that they have no credibility because they're just posters?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back