PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Chad Jackson released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised by this. I thought they would give him this season to see if he can make it.

He's only 22. Maybe he will "get it" and become a good pro.
Maybe, but some of us said that about Bethel too.

Unless this is for non-playing reasons, this move makes no sense to me at all.

BS. Jackson had ONE training camp. His first, the Pats didn't use him much because of his hamstring injury. The second, he was recovering from an ACL injury. Every person knows that it takes 12 - 18 months to recover from an ACL injury 100%. He suffered it February 2007. So the earliest we should have expected anything from him is this off-season. And, from accounts, he was doing well and had made progress.

Sorry, Promised, but Chad is Chad. Bethel was Bethel. Two different players. Different circumstances. Only people with limited brain capacity would say the two are equal in anything.

yeah bethel did more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBruinz
BS. Jackson had ONE training camp. His first, the Pats didn't use him much because of his hamstring injury. The second, he was recovering from an ACL injury. Every person knows that it takes 12 - 18 months to recover from an ACL injury 100%. He suffered it February 2007. So the earliest we should have expected anything from him is this off-season. And, from accounts, he was doing well and had made progress.

Sorry, Promised, but Chad is Chad. Bethel was Bethel. Two different players. Different circumstances. Only people with limited brain capacity would say the two are equal in anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted signbabybrady

yeah bethel did more.
OUCH!

Bruinz, can you not attempt to make a simple point, feeble as it is, without resorting to personal aspersions? My point is that both were WR's drafted in the second round who were cut by the team before their contract ran out. My brain capacity has nothing to do with it, but if you would care to, I'd be happy to match my IQ score against yours at any time.

Bethel was also given more chances

you earn your reps.

I do wish they had waited a few more weeks to give him some regular season chances to earn the reps but roster spots are tough to come by.

yeah bethel did more.

Bethel Johnson: 50 games, 32 recs, 4 receiving TDs
Chad Jackson: 14 games, 13 recs, 3 receiving TDs

Regarding Special teams:

Bethel Johnson: 24.6 kr, 3.5 pr
Chad Jackson: 17.7 kr, 16.6 pr

Jackson, for all that people here have spent years maligning him as just another Bethel Johnson, was comfortably ahead of Bethel's production pace, despite never going though a full offseason + regular season.

Last edited:
you earn your reps.

I do wish they had waited a few more weeks to give him some regular season chances to earn the reps but roster spots are tough to come by.

yeah, then wouldn't they have to pay him for the whole season?

Bruinz, can you not attempt to make a simple point, feeble as it is, without resorting to personal aspersions? My point is that both were WR's drafted in the second round who were cut by the team before their contract ran out. My brain capacity has nothing to do with it, but if you would care to, I'd be happy to match my IQ score against yours at any time.

Many "experts" (ie. plenty of post counts) admonished many "non-experts" (limited post counts) for stating what was obvious to their eyes. Now two weeks later, and after the true experts have spoken, the self serving parsing has begun.

Bethel Johnson: 50 games, 32 recs, 4 receiving TDs
Chad Jackson: 14 games, 13 recs, 3 receiving TDs

Regarding Special teams:

Bethel Johnson: 24.6 kr, 3.5 pr
Chad Jackson: 17.7 kr, 16.6 pr

Jackson, for all that people here have spent years maligning him as just another Bethel Johnson, was comfortably ahead of Bethel's production pace, despite never going though a full offseason + regular season.

Prior to his ACL injury he may have been but not after.

Prior to his ACL injury he may have been but not after.

1.) That's to be expected, as players need time to recover from ACL injuries

2.) This was not your argument. You're moving the goalposts.

People should try to look to facts first and THEN form opinions.

Re: Multiple sources confirm Jackson release

Chris, any speculation on why the change of heart on less than 18 hours?

Both of my sources speculated that they were trying to trade him--and they thought they had a deal in place--but it fell through at the last minute.

Or maybe, just maybe, we'll all get lucky and the Cardinals will pick him up, then you can just transfer teams and root for both your binkies and we can stop hearing you whine about how good your favorite players are going to be in the face of all evidence to the contrary. Or are you just pissed you have to keep changing your avatar?
Exactly, we kept CJ Jones over Chad Jackson. Unbelievable !!

He's finally healthy and he never had a healthy chance to play with TB, this was going to his chance and they cut him and all of his upside loose ? Unreal.

Poor Chad had to play with these stiff QBs all preseason and he still managed two really nice TD catches. Brady would have really made him. This bites.............

I am willing to bet Chad is on the phone with Eric Mangini as we speak. If he goes to the Jets and makes our lives miserable twice a year for the next 5 years, I'm going lose it...............

Fact, our coaching staff felt he wasn't enough of an asset to the organization to warrant a roster spot. Time of recovery, injury, and floating goalposts notwithstanding, I'm going to look at the most important fact and THEN form my opinion. :D

I honestly can't believe CJ Stonehand Jones has made this team. We are incredibly weak at WR.

Very weak.

Doesn't surprise that Jackson is off the team, but maybe I would have kept someone else over Cj.

My guess on this is that BB values how a player looks in practice very heavily. How else can you really judge how a receiver will look with Brady under center, when Brady isn't playing in the preseason?

Sure, he made a couple of catches in the games, most against 2nd and 3rd stringers, but he also made some mistakes and didn't really stand out on ST. Add to that the fact that the two quarterbacks who threw him the most balls are Gutierrez (cut) and O'Connell (3rd string QB), and those preseason games are even more meaningless.

I'll bet (and this is pure speculation, but I'd put money on it) in practice he had no chemistry with Brady and that led to this move.

Give it up....I argued with you about Jackson a few months back. He is a BUST, and I ( along with many others) was right. You where wrong, and nothing you say is going to change the fact the Jackson is a total bust.

Last edited:
Fact, our coaching staff felt he wasn't enough of an asset to the organization to warrant a roster spot. Time of recovery, injury, and floating goalposts notwithstanding, I'm going to look at the most important fact and THEN form my opinion. :D

Ehh... I've got no problem with people thinking Jackson will never make it, and I've got no problem with people thinkng the Patriots just screwed up. I just have problems with posts that ignore accessible facts when they are so easily gotten via the same internet the poster is using to make their opinion known. It's not difficult to pull up NFL.com and check data before posting about production, for example.

Give it up....I argued with you about Jackson a few months back. He is a BUST, and I ( along with many others) was right. You where wrong, and nothing you say is going to change the fact the Jackson is a total bust.

First off, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Likely, that's one time more than you.

Second, what I've said about Jackson is that he's got talent and he needs to have a healthy year after a full training camp before he's called a bust. However, you keep crowing as if you have a clue about anything significant. I can always use the laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes