Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

August 09, 2006
Day 11, 2nd practice

FOXBOROUGH -- The Patriots have taken the field for their second practice on the 11th day of training camp. This is the team's 18th practice since camp opened on July 28.

The workout is being held in shorts, shoulder pads and helmets. Players not present include receivers John Stone, Chad Jackson and Troy Brown; safeties Rodney Harrison and Ray Ventrone; inside linebacker Tedy Bruschi, offensive tackle Nick Kaczur; tight end Benjamin Watson; defensive linemen Marquise Hill and Richard Seymour; and outside linebacker Chad Brown.

Earlier in the day, Harrison spoke about how he was feeling good, but still had to take things slow.

Tight end Daniel Graham is present and no longer wearing a red, non-contact jersey. This is his second straight practice without that red, non-contact jersey.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 06:02:39 PM

Chad Brown has been out for 7 straight practices now after leaving with a wrist injury. They mentioned on PFW in Progress today that a source outside the team said it's the same injury as Bruschi's.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Chad Brown has been out for 7 straight practices now after leaving with a wrist injury. They mentioned on PFW in Progress today that a source outside the team said it's the same injury as Bruschi's.
Uh-oh, Greenberg's gonna be pissed that Belichick hasn't told him.

I'm really disappointed that Jackson can't get out there. Not disappointed in Chad, I have no doubt it's legit, just disappointed in the situation.

BelichickFan said:
Uh-oh, Greenberg's gonna be pissed that Belichick hasn't told him.

I'm really disappointed that Jackson can't get out there. Not disappointed in Chad, I have no doubt it's legit, just disappointed in the situation.

I agree. Disappointment, but a) it's not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean his complete season performance takes a major hit and b) it is legit.

The mood was different though on PFW today. I think it was Casale who called him "Mrs. Jackson" and compared the situation to Terry Glenn's rookie year.

They said that, with "only" a hamstring injury, Jackson should be out there "manning it out."

I'm sorry, but "manning it out" sometimes correlates to stupidity at this point in the season. If a player has an injury, the team is going to take every precaution possible.

For some reason In my POV i think Chad being hurt is complete BS. He's out there 9 times out of ten and i think they just want him learning the schemes first and foremost before he starts playing.

Could he have a hamstring injury? Sure but i doubt its anything more than a pull or strain.

The Chad Brown thing is terrible because he was one of my sleepers in camp so far. He's been fast and effective in all of his roles up until his wrist injury.

We need Chad Jackson to start practicing as soon as possible - and so does Chad Jackson. Maybe just let him heal up for this week - don't rush back for the game (which he definitely won't play in) and just focus on COMPLETELY healing and being ready to go Monday morning.

SeanBruschi54 said:
For some reason In my POV i think Chad being hurt is complete BS. He's out there 9 times out of ten and i think they just want him learning the schemes first and foremost before he starts playing.
Right, it is important to remember that he has an injury, he's not at home holding out. Which means he's in the meetings, working with the coaches, learning the offense, etc, etc, not sitting on the couch picking his nose. He is progressing even though he's not on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Patriots have learned anything over the past 3 seasons is that they need to take every precaution to ensure that the guys stay healthy. If that means taking less reps in Camp so be it as long as they are on the field as healthy as possible come January.

I don't think it is much more than the Pats doing exactly that with the majority of the injured players.

So sit back relax and pour a tall glass of the Kool-Aid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back