PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox or Patriots

This is a silly question.
Who would I choose?
Duh I'd choose for both of them to win.

Who is my favorite team? Undoubtedly the Patriots.
But do I cheer for and love the Red Sox too? Of course.
These are two different sports, there are no conflicts here.

There are in fact some Patriots fans that are also Yankee fans.
I hate the Yankees of course, but I welcome them as Pats fans.

One is totally irrelevant to the other imo.

What a total load of bullcrap. How can you defend that clueless dope-smoking ******ed moron? He cares about nothing but hitting homeruns. He doesn't care about running the bases, he doesn't care about playing the field, and he sure as hell doesn't care about WINNING!!! If he cared about his teammates, about winning, he wouldn't have acted like a selfish child after hitting that homerun down by 5, or he would have slid at home or ran into the catcher the other night after rounding third.

Brady took a nap hours before kickoff when the players had alone time. That is a helluva lot different than FALLING ASLEEP DURING A GAME like Manny the moron does most of the time he's not standing at the plate.

Here's hoping this nonsense comes to a merciful end tonight.

My point was that Brady took a nap before the game b/c he was relaxed enough to do that. Which isn't much different than Manny's "it's not the end of the world" mentality.

It's sports psychology 101. If you try too hard, you suck it up. Brady shows it in the form of falling asleep before the Super Bowl. Manny shows it in the form of saying "it's not the end of the world." How is it any different?

FYI, Gammons article on Manny:

Back in 2004, Ramirez privately asked about whether or not I thought he would win the MVP. Not likely. He shrugged. "Hey, the World Series ring is more important," he said. "Maybe the Hall of Fame. The MVP isn't as important."

That conversation was recalled Friday night, because he's got one World Series ring -- and World Series MVP -- and he's probably a lock for Cooperstown. "The ring is still the most important thing," Ramirez said. "We've worked hard to get this far. It's what we all want together."

What struck everyone who heard his runway conversation was his animation and passion. "Hey, man," Ramirez said. "I really want this to happen."

More:

He was asked about his baserunning play in Game 1. In the third inning, with the Red Sox up 3-0, Ramirez walked against John Lackey. When Lackey threw a breaking ball in the dirt that kicked away from Mike Napoli, Ramirez broke for second, beat the throw, then scored an insurance run on Mike Lowell's single. To go or not to go on a ball in the dirt almost always is a very difficult instinctual play, one on which most players get confused in spring training drills. On this play, the ball had not gone far from Napoli, and few baserunners would have taken off and made it.

"I was looking for that kind of play," Ramirez said with a shrug. "Gotta make those plays at this time of year."

And he walked into the cage.

"Our advance reports [headed by scout Dana Levangie]told players to look for breaking balls in the dirt because they will bounce a few," Magadan said. "Manny took all meetings very seriously. He took everything in. He was looking for that play. That's being prepared and alert."

It is, to cliché it, smart playoff baseball.

Bradford had an article recently detailing what a hard worker Manny is and how seriously he takes it.

I'm sure you'll just completely ignore it all and go on hating Manny.

Last edited:
no yankee fan should ever be welcome anywhere .:rolleyes:

You might want to rethink that quote. Remember Tom Brady wears Skankee gear. I would prefer he didn't, but, as long as he is the Patriots QB, and plays to win every game, he can be a fan of any team he wants. However, if he ever puts on a Jets cap, I'll put a out a contract on his life.

I could care less about numbers. He's not a team guy, never was and never will be.

Baseball isn’t a team game, its an individual game played by teams

You might want to rethink that quote. Remember Tom Brady wears Skankee gear. I would prefer he didn't, but, as long as he is the Patriots QB, and plays to win every game, he can be a fan of any team he wants. However, if he ever puts on a Jets cap, I'll put a out a contract on his life.
i dont need to rethink anything.tom brady wears a sox cap also.besides the way he plays for my beloved patriots he can wear whatever he wants .

i dont need to rethink anything.tom brady wears a sox cap also.besides the way he plays for my beloved patriots he can wear whatever he wants .
As long as Tom never pulls a Lebron James on us, its all good. Not that he has the time to go to a Sox game.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back