PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Record training camp attendance of 12,163 (Update: Broken 24 Hours Later with 13,654)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What percentage of Americans know who won the World Series last year
I can honestly say I have no idea, i'd have to google it. I can tell you anything about the celts/bruins/patriots though.

The only thing I know about the redsocks is they are horrible and at least were in last place last I knew. I don't have the attention span to sit around watching someone stand for 2-3 minutes on a field then throwing a pitch.

The older I got the more painful it was to watch, it's on soccers level to me nowadays, they should pipe baseball into prisons to cut down on repeat offenders... or is that a "cruel and unusual punishment" lawsuit waiting to happen?

I can honestly say I have no idea, i'd have to google it. I can tell you anything about the celts/bruins/patriots though.

The only thing I know about the redsocks is they are horrible and at least were in last place last I knew. I don't have the attention span to sit around watching someone stand for 2-3 minutes on a field then throwing a pitch.

The older I got the more painful it was to watch, it's on soccers level to me nowadays, they should pipe baseball into prisons to cut down on repeat offenders... or is that a "cruel and unusual punishment" lawsuit waiting to happen?

I can still remember the 2001 World Series. Game 7, bottom of the 9th inning, Yankees leading the Diamondbacks, and I would change the channel between pitches. That's how much I can tolerate baseball.

Same thing for me..i had no idea who won it last year..have never watched a full baseball game in my life

As long as "the curse" was active the Red Sox could weather a bad year, or decade. Now that the big drought is over, three or four years being lousy will make the Red Sox just another baseball team.

I believe there is some truth to this, however, the Red Sox becoming "just another baseball team" is not likely to happen anytime soon. The long history of the Red Sox continue to make them a part of many national baseball conversations. The history is also one reason they remain in the fabric of Boston.

Even for those who do not like the Red Sox/baseball, they have to rank the Red Sox victory over the Yankees -- along with their eventual sweep in the World Series -- as one of the greatest moments in Boston sports history. Down to their last few moments of the season, insurmountable deficit, facing a sweep (this is the Sox, everyone expected them to go out with a whimper) and they come back to knock of the Evil Empire from NYC. It was awesome stuff! Looking back it did, though, have an element of being anti climactic. The energy and emotion that came along with the long standing suffering was gone. Without any scientific analysis to base this one -- simply my opinion -- it had to have the effect of removing some of the impetus to follow the Sox. Further, the new crop of fans who started following the Sox after the Series victory have a significantly different view/motivation of the team. I think this will really show during seasons the Sox are a bad team. The years they are a good team they will continue to be highly popular.

They've won 2 in the past decade.

By that logic, the Patriots should be going 16-0 now because of how good they were in 2007. Face it, the Sox are a joke.

By that logic, the Patriots should be going 16-0 now because of how good they were in 2007. Face it, the Sox are a joke.

No, by that logic, the use of free agents helped them to win 2 titles in the past 10 years.

No, by that logic, the use of free agents helped them to win 2 titles in the past 10 years.

No, Bank of America* helped them win two titles in the past 10 years.

* = where the Bankofamericasox keep the $$$ to buy championships. ;)

Not at Foxboro I guess. RI? Foxboro is unforgiving if you don't like the sun. Whatever trees they could have had decided to lay down and die to pack one more car in there.

I'd like to know if they erected more bleachers because 13k people is a LOT of people for that facility. Last time I was there you might put half that number in there and say, "Geez, what a huge crowd today."

Where are they stuffing all those people?

Man, can you imagine as many people as would attend a Celtics play off game?

No extra bleachers and you are right it doesn't handle the added thousand or two well. Basically they come thru the gate try and find a seat thats not there stand in the aisles and get yelled at by security until I imagine they leave probably not happy.

Oh and today was pretty crowded too thought it might break the record again but I would guess it came up just short. Maybe a number between the first two days.

Are there just that many pink hats fans..or are people just really excited this year?

I can remember days when there were plenty of spots in the shade to watch TC.

The crop of FA & rookies added to this SB team along with the anticipation of another Josh led Offense has really psyched up the fan base this year.

Everyone wants to get a peek at the new additions that wil make this offense unstoppable and improve the D to a point of respectability.

Monday can't get here fast enough for me as I'll be there. :rocker:

Things have sure changed over time.

I can remember being one of the six to a dozen fans watching TC practice at Amherst. I recall talking to the Pats LB coach, strolling back from the field to the fieldhouse. We did that in those days.

He was a nebish, ex-Buffalo Bill LB, a fellow who went on to be a pretty good Head Coach in the League. Although he was always criticized for not winning the "big one" due to his coaching proclivities for his "Marty Ball".

Schottenheimer was his name.:)

JETS camp was running around 2400. Today they hit 1820... So much for the Tebow factor in the Big Apple. He's already being heckled.

They have moved the press tent to the other side of the VIP section to open more room on the hill to accommodate the bigger crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes