PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reading tea leaves: I see Chad Jackson...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that no WR in the entire draft (Slater ended up at FS for UCLA and is currently a WR in name only) signals that the Patriots have some confidence in Chad Jackson contributing in '08. We only have 4 legitimate WR's on the roster right now (which leaves us very thin with all the spread options) and only Kelly Washington has any potential to contribute in the passing game (Aiken and Slater won't). I think it's fair to still have hope for Chad (as I do) because he's been injured and is only entering his 3rd season in the league.

I think the Patriots not drafting a TE also says good things about the health status of both Ben Watson and David Thomas. The hole at blocking TE is puzzling though, and I wonder if the Patriots are planning on re-signing Brady to a smaller deal once his health checks out?

T

Previous message finally got me to start using my ignore list.

Post #10, not you Pony.

I know what you mean. I understand that this is a meesage board and everyone has the right to there opinion but I just tire of the uninfomed saying there and then getting angry when you prove it wrong.

Who is Chad Jackson? ...Oh wait a minute... Never mind...

Welcome back, Ethan Kelly.

I can't believe he's still in the league. Good for him.

He was a late OL convert wasn't he?

It must be great playing a position where gaining weight is a priority.:D

Last edited:
Jackson's future depends on how well he learns and excutes the X receiver position. (I think Moss is the Z receiver, maybe I have it backwards.)

Gaffney can play the X position and has decent hands, but, if healthy and his hands work, Jackson brings more speed and suddenness to the position.

Gaffney is much better in the 4 hole in my opinion.

And for CJ, this is SCARY. No one behind him to push him for a job? Sounds like he comes in fat and lazy again....like the first time, and blows out a hammy!! Man, you gotta know what buttons to push on players and he is a guy that NEEDS to be pushed to be competitive. He is NOT Patriots material, I dont know what BB sees in him. That said, if he gets it together(I hope he does for all of us)he should be able to become a FORCE in this league...but its all up to him.

(1) Have you actually seen what Jackson looks like now? As someone here put it, he looks built like a linebacker.

(2) I'd ask if you remember that TD where Jackson basically crawled 10 yards into the end zone, but I doubt you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes