PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB Joey Iosefa Promoted from PS

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of RB I want.

Someone who will take the ball, run hard and not dance around. Here's to hoping he can be that guy.

We sure could use something to break our way this year.

Yeah, I judge by performance, but when you compare his average to wilfork's lowest, Wilfork ran a 4.98.:D

Would have loved to hand Vince the rock a couple times in the old days, but those days are long gone I'm sure.
If Belichick had let him run the rock once or twice ....

wow ... might have been an all time time 5 Patriot's gif.

No kidding. If you exclude Dan Klecko in 15 years BB has never handed it off to a fatty to slam it in.

I want Shaq to get the rock.

His speed looks good enough when I watch some of his highlights

Ridley ran a 4.73 at the combine by the way

Other than Vrabel catching TD passes as a TE, I can't think of too many times when it worked out when players went to the other side of the ball. I remember that Seymour injured his leg and missed time as the lead blocker on a goal line package....

Other than Vrabel catching TD passes as a TE, I can't think of too many times when it worked out when players went to the other side of the ball. I remember that Seymour injured his leg and missed time as the lead blocker on a goal line package....
Forum blew up on that one ............

His speed looks good enough when I watch some of his highlights

Ridley ran a 4.73 at the combine by the way

Game speed is way more important than workout speed, but a 4.73 isn't remotely comparable to >5. However, they don't even play the same position. I wouldn't worry about Iosefa's speed. That's not the point.

bWHZDF.gif

He's a WingBack ~ "FullBack" to you Earthlings. ;)

He's not a "Running Back", whatever that is.

I, for one, like this Move, even though it's as likely as not to have little appreciable Impact: Chances are better'n average that this is just a Bottom of the Roster and Special Teams Move.

Even so: The Possibility that he'll be in there for a few Snaps, where he can offer that beautiful Hybrid Threat, pounding the Rock for Hard Yards, slipping out into The Flat for a Chain Moving Reception, or blasting a MidFielder ~ that's "LineBacker" to you Earthlings ~ out'f'is socks and tearing open an Hole for Bolden or White is a very appealing one: Those are the Grunt Plays that "quietly" make all the Difference.

Last edited:
He looked a little slow on the linked film and obviously timed slow. Thinking he won't have much impact on special teams. Another wrinkle for JD to work with. Was sad to see Devlin go down. He definitely gave us a wrinkle. Best case Iosef gives us some wrinkles for the next few weeks. Hoping it is someone else come playoff time.

Iosefa lost some weight and no longer has ankle issues. It will be interesting to see how quick he is now.

Brady is fast enough for a 40 yard reception! Eh? Eh?
Don't give McDaniels any thoughts about running sideline fades to him all night...

He's a WingBack ~ "FullBack" to you Earthlings.

He's not a "Running Back", whatever that is.

I, for one, like this Move, even though it's as likely as not to have little appreciable Impact: Chances are better'n average that this is just a Bottom of the Roster and Special Teams Move.

Even so: The Possibility that he'll be in there for a few Snaps, where he can offer that beautiful Hybrid Threat, pounding the Rock for Hard Yards, slipping out into The Flat for a Chain Moving Reception, or blasting a MidFielder ~ that's "LineBacker" to you Earthlings ~ out'f'is socks and tearing open an Hole for Bolden or White is a very appealing one: Those are the Grunt Plays that "quietly" make all the Difference.

Call me a Pie in the Sky Dreamer, but I'm quietly hoping he can give us back some of what we lost with Devlin going Out.

Note: Use of Capitalization is an Ode, not Snark.

Call me a Pie in the Sky Dreamer, but I'm quietly hoping he can give us back some of what we lost with Devlin going Out.

Note: Use of Capitalization is an Ode, not Snark.

If he were a replacement for Develin, he would have been activated by now. He is a bottom of the barrel, emergency backup to our other two running backs.

And that's fine. We need to have a 3rd RB active.

He can throw a pretty tight spiral too....

Could he be the emergency QB replacement if Brady can't go and Jimmy G needs a backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST