PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rb 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NICE.

I would LOVE to forge a solid Crew ~ 4 Deep ~ of Mashers and Slashers...preferably with at least ONE Sam Gash.

And, yes, I DO mean Owen Marecic.

Well, aside from being a RB/FB he gets a pick 6 as LB, Belichick loves those Swiss Army players.

NICE.

I would LOVE to forge a solid Crew ~ 4 Deep ~ of Mashers and Slashers...preferably with at least ONE Sam Gash.

I absolutely love watching Marecic play. He does it ALL, offense, Defense, ST. On offense he runs a little, blocks well and catches the ball. He appears to love playing football and would do anything to get on the field.

Of course playing behind the MOST physical O line in college football, really makes his job a bit easier.

I would love for BB to draft this kid, talk about versatility. This kid is the definition of versatility.

Fair enough, sir. And I LIKE Hyphen Boy's work ethic.

But I have always maintained that The Running Game is 80% O Line and 20% Running Back.

ANY Sloth can pick up 1200 yards, if the Grizzlies are savage enough.

The true measure of a RB is how many yards can they pick up when the blocking is not there. Chris Johnson does it with speed. Barry Sanders did it with unfathomable stop and go. Bettis did it with power.

2 things I like about Ingram is he rarely gets stopped for negative yardage and he rarely puts the rock on the turf.

2 things I hate about Ingram is not very fast and he is not a great route runner or pass catcher.

The bottom line is if BB fixes the O line (drafting Boiling, Pugh, and Ziemba) then any and all New England RB's will look better and better; especially if they are running over guys with jersey numbers in the 20's and 30's as opposed to 90's.

I absolutely love watching Marecic play. He does it ALL, offense, Defense, ST. On offense he runs a little, blocks well and catches the ball. He appears to love playing football and would do anything to get on the field.

Of course playing behind the MOST physical O line in college football, really makes his job a bit easier.

I would love for BB to draft this kid, talk about versatility. This kid is the definition of versatility.

I'm liking him, where does he project on draft boards?

Off the Grid said:
NICE.

I absolutely love watching Marecic play. He does it ALL, offense, Defense, ST. On offense he runs a little, blocks well and catches the ball.

He appears to love playing football and would do anything to get on the field.

And do it well. Well said, sir. :cool:

Off the Grid said:
NICE.

Well, aside from being a RB/FB he gets a pick 6 as LB, Belichick loves those Swiss Army players.

Nicely put, sir.

When all is said and done, I would actually expect Marecic to go in the 5th or 6th, in what I see as a thinner Draft Class.

He's hotly talked about, right now, but when the day comes, and War Rooms are making decisions, it's my suspicion that they end up deciding on other guys, deep into the Draft, and he ends up dropping a lot lower than many currently expect him to go.

FullBacks simply don't get much Love, these days. Indeed, the Patriots, themselves, have been extremely influential in creating the Bear Market these guys are going through.

Deji Karim, by comparison ~ a Super Binkie of mine, last year, and no doubt of many, here ~ was a VERY hot name, right up to the Draft...and yet ended up going in the 6th Round. And he's a TailBack, of course, and one with unmistakable Home Run Potential.

Last year, only two FullBacks got drafted, and they in the 5th and 7th Rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick