PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens not happy with officiating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that many players think that Brady is especially protected.

Look at it this way - Flacco was being busted up all game, but do you think the officials were nearly as protective of Flacco as they were of Brady?

I know that you're all going to say yes, but I, with my probable bias, do not think so.

I was under the impression that the officials just brought the chains out themselves.

Again, as another poster stated, watch the New York Jets v New England game from this year. After watching that return and write about the Refs not allowing Brady to be touched.

On the whole of it I thought the Refs erred a bit more for the Patriots than the Ravens. BFD! EVERY team gets a little extra this game and less so other games. Baltimore lost because they couldn't score regularly enough, they were allowing the Patriots to march the ball up the field routinely, and they put themselves into a position that one dropped ball would seal their loss. This chorus of whining is PATHETIC. I look forward to when you get an extra break Ravens will be out front going "we didn't deserve it cause we got an officiating break". Totally pathetic!

Lastly, your coach out to be ashamed. For a football coach to hurt the effort of his players by being that much of sore losing cry baby is appalling.

You obviously don't follow the Ravens at all :D.

They always blow this stuff out of proportion, but they do have a basic point.

Ray isn't disputing whether the call was correct or not, he is just frustrated that as a linebacker, he cannot even think about taking a shot at Brady unless Tom has absolutely no clue the rush is coming and still has the ball tucked away. Otherwise, just let Brady throw the ball and hope it isn't caught.

Ed isn't saying that Willis would have reached the first down marker, he is just ticked that the referees brought out the chains for a ball which was a full two yards short of the first down marker upon other poor spots.

I will admit that the first roughing call was B.S. but the Jets had no problem hitting Brady just after the ball was thrown and got away with it.

Did anybody else take note of the post-game handshake btwn. Bill & Harbaugh? Harbaugh never met Bill's eyes, never broke stride, barely shook his hand, and off he went.

I noticed that too. I'll wait for the outrage over Haubaugh's rude and unprofessional behavior. Doesn't he know how important the nation considers these handshakes?

BB spent more time with Ray Lewis after the game than the shake with Harbaugh.

And ESPN completely took the Ravens side.

Is there a University of Miami graduate running things there...?

Where's Dilfer from?

I'm not happy with the officiating from 06 AFC Championship and the league still hasn't got back to me yet.

My take is that if a team puts its self in position to "lose" a game from penalties , they played it too close and the little things count! It's all about putting a solid and successful product on the field. I'm sure both teams were subject to sloppy officiating, but the human error factor in the game can't be controlled. The only call in which I was scratching my head about was the spot on the Fake FG. That looked VERY generous. Ohh well though. This lose will make the team more hungry and basically, piss them off and set a fire in the belly.

"Character overcomes adversity, because you've got hearts this big. Was it perfect? 'No.' Was it pretty? 'No.' No, but it was us!" -John Harbaugh

This lose will make the team more hungry and basically, piss them off and set a fire in the belly.

In my experience, that really only applies when you look in the mirror and acknowledge that you and only you are the reason you lost. The Ravens have never, ever done that.

YouTube - Ray Lewis calls officiating 'Embarassing'

Those ticky-tacky calls may be "correct," but you literally cannot touch Tom Brady now without expecting a penalty. The guys are just expressing their frustration at Brady basically being untouchable in every single way, and even as New England fans, I don't think you can deny that.

Ngata reached his hands out to try to bat the ball down, which, by the way, is usually next to the quarterback's head right before being thrown. . .

Also, how often do you see a coach being flagged in football? Harbaugh wasn't publicly showing up the referees, but they actually called a personal foul on him anyway.

The spots were pretty bad too.

The bad officiating undoubtedly went both ways, but Baltimore got the shaft more often than New England.

We played last season without Brady, how would you like to play without Flacco? Don't hit above the neck and below the knees ............. how utterly simple is that? Intimitation can't be based on dirty play.

You're idiot coach screamed 'BULL**** CALL' so loud, I heard it on my TV. Swearing at or about the officials is/should be frowned upon.

This is the second game in row where you're team showed poor emotional control. Good luck in the playoffs with that attitude.

In my experience, that really only applies when you look in the mirror and acknowledge that you and only you are the reason you lost. The Ravens have never, ever done that.

Call it what you will, emotions were just running high. We'll be a-ok.

I think they got jobbed on the fake FG. They should have got the ball at their own 5. Other than that, the Ravens got more penalties because they committed more penalties and none that I recall were BS according to the rulebook. Still they had their chance at the end so the better team won today IMO. There may be a rematch later on so if I were them I'd just take the L with dignity and move on.

I think you are thinking of a false start.

My problem with the play is that the side Linesman didn't appear to be marking any progress. His attention was to the other official running up to him. The placement seemed an afterthought.

Whether it's an afterthought or not, on a lay like that, it's almost doesn't matter. The refs are guessing as it is, so who cares if they place the ball one second later or 10 seconds?

Call it what you will, emotions were just running high. We'll be a-ok.

I'll call it what it is. Baltimore's emotions are always running high, and they've consistently taken bonehead penalties when things aren't going exactly their way because they just can't keep those emotions in check. Whining about officiating time and again is just another symptom of not being ready to take that next step. Talent, which Baltimore has in spades, will only take them so far. At some point, they'll have to grow up.

I'll call it what it is. Baltimore's emotions are always running high, and they've consistently taken bonehead penalties when things aren't going exactly their way because they just can't keep those emotions in check. Whining about officiating time and again is just another symptom of not being ready to take that next step. Talent, which Baltimore has in spades, will only take them so far. At some point, they'll have to grow up

Whats BB's reply after a game when someone asks him about officiating when its been bad and not in our favor? He always says the officials didnt affect the outcome of the game, our play did. never ever ever blames an official and it bleeds down to the players.
Baltimore will never win the big one with a crybaby coach and players.

Whats BB's reply after a game when someone asks him about officiating when its been bad and not in our favor? He always says the officials didnt affect the outcome of the game, our play did. never ever ever blames an official and it bleeds down to the players.
Baltimore will never win the big one with a crybaby coach and players.

We do have a Super Bowl. I'd say we have in fact won the "big One"

Whether it's an afterthought or not, on a lay like that, it's almost doesn't matter. The refs are guessing as it is, so who cares if they place the ball one second later or 10 seconds?

That's not my point. I saw him slow to get to out of bounds spot and move to confer with the other officials. On second look at the video, he did make a mark on the five. I missed that before. I do feel that the mark was generous.

crybaby.png

.....​

Nothing to add..perfect!!

I'll call it what it is. Baltimore's emotions are always running high, and they've consistently taken bonehead penalties when things aren't going exactly their way because they just can't keep those emotions in check. Whining about officiating time and again is just another symptom of not being ready to take that next step. Talent, which Baltimore has in spades, will only take them so far. At some point, they'll have to grow up.

Opinions ...... you know the rest.

I think they got jobbed on the fake FG. They should have got the ball at their own 5. Other than that, the Ravens got more penalties because they committed more penalties and none that I recall were BS according to the rulebook. Still they had their chance at the end so the better team won today IMO. There may be a rematch later on so if I were them I'd just take the L with dignity and move on.

if u look at reiss's peices, ull see why that was the right call

I got a lot of respect for the Ravens but this is an ongoing trend with them. It's so low rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back