PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens = Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not laughing but the Jets corners are much better. The Ravens are better in the box on any down and much better deep.

Still, they had problems with SD's big receivers, which bodes well for Gronk/Hernandez.

Obviously Revis is great but Lerdarius Webb and Cary Williams are a pretty good duo. Webb is definitely better than Cromartie and Williams is equal to or slightly lesser than Cromartie. Add in the Ed Reed and I think BAL secondary = NYJ secondary.

I just think that as with the jets last year, the ravens were better able to survive flacco's incompetence from time to time.

Well remember last year the Jets had some late fluky wins against awful teams.
The Ravens faced a lot of putrid offenses this year...8 games vs offenses ranked in the bottom 8.
I do agree though that the big difference between the offenses is the Ravens run it well, and the Jets can't. That stresses the poor QB problem even more.

Williams and Smith fell for double moves from Floyd & Jackson in the game and got burned on deep balls, hopefully it was a learning experience.I dont think the NE TE'S are that savy in route running to fool the corners on the outside with double moves, but we'll see. I do think Jimmy Smith is a good fit to guard Hernandez if he plays smart. Don't know what DB is big enough, or what LB is fast enough for Gronk though

And as far as Ravens being like the Jets, Ravens are smarter and better everywhere on D outside of Revis. On offense Ravens have the better weapons and the ability to score 30 on any game, but frequently underachieve. Jets just flat out suck and dont have any playmakers other than Santonio (or should i say "had?")

WHOA!!! Slow down. The Jets have fewer play makers? Jets have Holmes and Greene. Ravens have Rice...and...crickets. Easy with your easily getting 30 pts, when you could not even beat Jax and put up 17 on Hou AFTER Hou turned it over four times.

What "weapons" are you referring to?

The ravens have it over the jets at 4 defensive positions ....

2 safeties
DE Ngata
OLB Suggs
The rest of the defensive roster favors the jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back