PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens Game NFLN Replay - First Impression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the insights - sounds like a pretty good guy to have. For what is worth, I rewatched some of the first half last nite and thought he held up his own, at both LT and RT. Granted, I also thought he got away with some holds, but what works for the Colts can work for us...

I also thought Kaczur - and again sometimes can't see the numbers clearly, but I'm pretty sure I was seeing 77 - was having trouble on the left side. Clearly he's more comfortable and effective on the right, and that's why he's back there in practice.

I gotta watch some of the 2nd half again, but I'm surprised how quiet a camp O'Cal is having. After showing something his rookie year, being AWOL for most of last season then playing well in Week 17, I'm always surprised we don't hear more about him. He's missed some practices, so he might be banged up, too.
I didn't focus on the OL too much because they are always working at a disadvantage in preseason - they don't do as many combo blocks (double-teams) and they don't game plan in depth for the stronger defenders. Also the offensive play calling doesn't take into consideration the line's strengths and limitations because they are being tested to determine those.

AWTE did credit Britt with a poor block on the 1st Maroney run, though I thought Britt had gone out to the second level to block, perhaps it was a bad line call that left Evans taking on the DE (whom Evans stopped cold). I don't recall Britt coming to my attention otherwise - which is a good thing.

Kaczur was a LT in college and did fine playing LT his rookie year when Light went on IR. I'm comfortable with him there...his problem is he played RT the past two seasons and even though he practices LT, his reactions, timing, and technique are backward, requiring him to think about how he sets up and moves. He only came to my attention once during the game, and that was when he missed or elected to ignore a CB blitz on the quick hitter to Jackson (the one Chad was tripped on) - I couldn't tell if it was a breakdown or an onfield judgement call. I believe Kac is back at RT in practice because that is where he will be playing this season and his cross-training is just about done for this Training Camp. Britt will once again be Light's primary back-up.

O'Callaghan is with the Trainers rehabbing a camp injury, so quiet is the word. The second half guys are shopping for Shadow Roster/Practice Squad IMHO, though I really liked what they were doing in the run game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News