PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rappaport: CB Tarell Brown foot injury: [10/17 Update - - IR'ed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odds say their time will come. Hopefully starting Sunday.

Hoping for injuries? Bit of a risk karma-wise no? Especially while ya have a depleted oline vs Jets D?

Besides, hasn't been all good for Jets.
1. Ivory and Decker both missed Philly week.
2. Milliner our #5 CB (would probably be Pats #1) out 2 months. Williams (#4 CB banged up). And now Skrine CB3 with a concussion.
3. Rookie WR Devin Smith missed all of preseason and early part of season. May explain all the timing issues with Fitz now. Or Fitz just doesn't have the arm for quick WR. I'm 50/50 on this one.
4. Oline dinged up a bit.
5. Starting TE lost for the season before season even started.

Hoping for injuries? Bit of a risk karma-wise no? Especially while ya have a depleted oline vs Jets D?
Only if you believe in magic, which I can certainly understand coming from a Jets fan. Welcome to the site. We get one or two like you every week, but it rarely ends well for them.

Only if you believe in magic, which I can certainly understand coming from a Jets fan. Welcome to the site. We get one or two like you every week, but it rarely ends well for them.

He's been a good poster. Likes to dig into the games, personnel etc....

Not even remotely true...

Sorry, didn't mean that to be a knock. Typed that up real fast at a stoplight. Re-read it just now. Could be taken that way. Milliner, actually if ever freakin healthy could potentially be our #2 CB now. The only healthy span he's had (last month of his rookie year) he was defensive rookie of the month. Kid is damn good if he can ever stay on the field.

Do I believe in magic? Fitz-magic!

**Note: I'm just learning the ropes here. Supposedly this thread is open to BS trolling comments. I was getting torn apart and didn't want to stoop to that level, but I was told that's what this thread is for.

**Edit: Wrong thread. Good example of why ya shouldn't post n drive.

Last edited:
Do I believe in magic? Fitz-magic!

**Note: I'm just learning the ropes here. Supposedly this thread is open to BS trolling comments. I was getting torn apart and didn't want to stoop to that level, but I was told that's what this thread is for.

Well yes , that is what I was thinking. I actually think they will load up on Ivory so Fitz will have his chances. But the story of his career is not promising, and so far this season he has given 7 INT's for his 9 TDs. He will need to morph into something else (be unusually efficient) to give your team a chance on Sunday.

Well yes , that is what I was thinking. I actually think they will load up on Ivory so Fitz will have his chances. But the story of his career is not promising, and so far this season he has given 7 INT's for his 9 TDs. He will need to morph into something else (be unusually efficient) to give your team a chance on Sunday.

Agreed. I'm actually not completely sold on Fitz just yet, but he is slowly winning me over with his enthusiasm, leadership and hustle. But over the bye I would've probably put in Geno. Geno did well late last year with Decker healthy. Add in Marshall plus a great D backing him up... I was looking forward to see what the kid could do. But guess I gotta trust Bowles here.

If Fitz works some magic this week... I may be all in on the Fitz bandwagon.

Though at some point I do expect the running game to open up for Ivory. Jets are one of the top running teams, and at least stats wise, the Pats are pretty bad at stopping the run. BB likes to take away your best weapon (Ivory in this case) but if Fitz/Marshall/Decker can get any decent amount of success, that running game should open up.

It's gonna be a great matchup to watch regardless of the outcome.

Agreed. I'm actually not completely sold on Fitz just yet

Nor should you be. We have over 3000 career passes that tell us that Ryan Fitzpatrick will look like Tom Brady one minute and Brady Quinn the next.

Hes the best you have but with Fitzpatrick the clock always strikes midnight and vs NE in his career he always throws for a lot of yards and always throws a lot of picks.

Sorry, didn't mean that to be a knock. Typed that up real fast at a stoplight. Re-read it just now. Could be taken that way. Milliner, actually if ever freakin healthy could potentially be our #2 CB now. The only healthy span he's had (last month of his rookie year) he was defensive rookie of the month. Kid is damn good if he can ever stay on the field.

No worries...

I see where you were going. With Brown on the shelf, the Patriots are, essentially, playing without a CB2 or CB3. I could see Milliner at least possibly competing with the likes of Ryan, for example. There's just no way Milliner would be above Butler.

Your CBs are clearly better than NE's, but this is an exaggeration.

Right. Again, my bad. Didn't mean for the comment to read that way. A better way would've been to say that if the kid (Milliner) could ever stay healthy, I think he could compete for the #2 spot on the Jets. He's only #5 now because of health issues.

I'm loving Cro now, but if he's released next season for whatever reason, very possible CBs next season could be: 1 Revis, 2 Milliner, 3 Skrine.

(If Revis doesn't hold out again.)

Nor should you be. We have over 3000 career passes that tell us that Ryan Fitzpatrick will look like Tom Brady one minute and Brady Quinn the next.

Hes the best you have but with Fitzpatrick the clock always strikes midnight and vs NE in his career he always throws for a lot of yards and always throws a lot of picks.

Not sure I've seen the games he looks like TB12 just yet. Ha, hope those come soon.

To be fair to Fitz though, this could be the best situation he's ever been in. Great D to back him up. Offensive scheme he's familiar with and that plays to his skillset. Strong running game to rely on. Oline keeping him protected and giving him time. And big WRs that can make up for some off target throws.

He's been average at best so far. I am seeing improvement though. So there is some hope.

My pregame guess.

Butler on Decker and double up on Marshall. Stack the box to stop the run.

Easy right?

My pregame guess.

Easy right?

Could actually work. I'd like to say that'd be perfect opportunity for Devin Smith to break out, but Fitz/Devin haven't shown proof of any chemistry yet.

Not sure I've seen the games he looks like TB12 just yet. Ha, hope those come soon.

To be fair to Fitz though, this could be the best situation he's ever been in. Great D to back him up. Offensive scheme he's familiar with and the plays to his skillset. Strong running game to rely on. Oline keeping him protected and giving him time. And big WRs that can make up for some off target throws.

He's been average at best so far. I am seeing improvement though. So there is some hope.

Well, he does has the distinction of scoring the highest ever on the Wonderlic with a 49. Learning plays is not the issue with him.

As an economics major from Hahvid, he'll most likely be running our 401ks some day.

My pregame guess.

Easy right?

Ryan will likely be on Decker. He handled him well in the 2013 regular season game vs Denver.

Butler on Marshall.

Ryan will likely be on Decker. He handled him well in the 2013 regular season game vs Denver.

Butler on Marshall.

Seems like a tough gig. I thought it would be better to attempt to shut down Decker and force Fritzy to throw it to Marshall. Ryan underneath and DMC over the top and wait for an under/over throw.

But if Butler can handle Marshall that would be something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST