PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
He....said he has lost a step? What?

I didn't see the presser....

He....said he has lost a step? What?

I didn't see the presser....

Compared to when he was younger. Said that still makes him one of the fastest guys in the league.

Compared to when he was younger. Said that still makes him one of the fastest guys in the league.

Which is true, I hope this team does not fall back to the Gaffney, Givens, Caldwell days where no defense respected the deep play threat, now that the Pats do not have one.

Which is true, I hope this team does not fall back to the Gaffney, Givens, Caldwell days where no defense respected the deep play threat, now that the Pats do not have one.

Would that harken to the time that we won 3 superbowls?????

if you missed it, Moss did say he lost a step but he also said he is still faster than most of the other guys in the league. Go Randy! He also discussed how he felt back when he left the Vikings and during his time with the Raiders. And he said nothing but positive things about the Patriots, even Bill. He said he appreciated the opportunity and still has love and respect for the team.

He showed a lot of class for someone who was basically just stabbed in the back.

Best wishes Randy! Have a monster game Monday. Take Halloween off.

Would that harken to the time that we won 3 superbowls?????

Absolutely not, but a dominant defense sure does help. Dont it?

if you missed it, Moss did say he lost a step but he also said he is still faster than most of the other guys in the league. Go Randy! He also discussed how he felt back when he left the Vikings and during his time with the Raiders. And he said nothing but positive things about the Patriots, even Bill. He said he appreciated the opportunity and still has love and respect for the team.

He showed a lot of class for someone who was basically just stabbed in the back.

How was he stabbed in the back????

The Patriots traded him to the one team he wanted to go to. You think there wouldn't be at least 10 other teams that wouldn't give up a third for him??

He's appreciative because he feels there's a reason to appreciate how the Patriots treated him.

Understandably you're upset, Teenuh, but Randy Moss, while saddened not to be a Patriot, leaves the Patriots on the best terms he's ever left a team since Marshall.

I suggest you get over it at some point.

Last edited:
He seemed, to me at least, to be genuinely confused about what has happened. I'm coming round to the idea that maybe Belichick saw the way things were trending (contract, asking for trade, feeling unappreciated, being the target of less passes), and saw this as a way of nipping things in the bud before the relationship did turn bad 4 or 5 weeks down the line.

He seemed a little bemused.

Last edited:
Like a preemptive dump, Belichick struck first LMAO

How can you say he was stabbed in the back when he requested this trade and then said it was God's wish he play for the Vikings.

And again, like posters above, I guess I'd say his statement is accurate given how God-like Belichick is :D

BB is basically god i guess.Well god has his work cut out for him now.I hope god can make this offense elite.:D

stabbed in the back?...he said himself this was his last year with the Pats. and if they were not going to do an extention, then he wanted out. How is that being stabbed in the back? you are such a damn drama queen. You need to realize that the organization is bigger than the player.

Last edited:
The Pats have their way of doing things even if they are shocking.Thats wat separates them from other teams.I will say all these players have talked well about moss as a teammate.

stabbed in the back?...he said himself this was his last year with the Pats. and if they were not going to do an extention, then he wanted out. How is that being stabbed in the back? you are such a damn drama queen. You need to realize that the organization is bigger than the player.

This stabbed in the back metaphor holds if you explain that Randy gave Bill the Knife turned around then backpedaled into the knife. To get stabbed in the back one has to turn their back on those that wield the knife (the Pats).

Last edited:
On why things didn’t work out with Bill Belichick and the Patriots:

“What me and coach Belichick talked about, I don’t really want to make public. The respect that I have for him as a coach and as a man speaks high volumes, because Bill is the one that brought me to New England from Oakland. I commended him and thanked him for that because me being in New England, that was something special. I have never been a part of a team. That’s all I ever wanted to do was be a part of a team. They’re a team.

“Now that I’m gone I’m not going to say anything negative and I’m not going to bash the organization because they gave me the opportunity to play when nobody else thought I could play at a high level. Whatever me and coach talked about, I want to keep that between the two of us. I wish him the best.

“We go [to New England] in a few weeks. One thing [Belichick] did share with me was he wished me the best except for that game right there. I look forward to facing those guys on the 31st of October.

“I still got love for [the Patriots], I really do man. It’s something that I’ll never forget. We did some magical things up there but the show must go on. It is a business and I think that’s what a lot of people have to understand, the business side of football.”
seems he has no hard feelings ..pretty classy response...
Moss talks about being traded from Pats - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes