PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss is a Titan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Titans will waive him if he doesn;t fit. They didn't pay anything for him, so it's easier for them to waive him than Vikings.

Yup. If the Titans waive them....they won't look the fools. It didn't cost them a draft pick.

Why not? All he needs to know is "Randy go deep"! He runs three routes these days the 7,8 and 9. His slant (2 route) was painful to watch. That was the definition of forcing him the ball.

I think it matters because Young is #10, really, and not the most intelligent QB playing.
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | QUARTERBACKS 2010

Plus you add the Titans #27 rank OL, now you have a hurried offense.
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2010 OFFENSIVE LINES

Young might just wing it to Moss without thinking, interceptions. Young isnt even close to Brady. At least Brady looks, and makes an educated assessment on coverage.

Moss is used to being a diversion on N.E. and not the #1 receiver, Welker is the #1 ball catcher. Moss will be the #1 receiver on the Titans. I think it will take him a few games to accept that and change his hunger.

I might be wrong, but my bet is no change on the Titans, and maybe a few more Ints because of the Moss move, or wasted 3rd down passes. Until week #11 where Vince and Moss can get on the same page.

Last edited:
I think it matters because Young is #10, really, and not the most intelligent QB playing.
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | QUARTERBACKS 2010

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2010 OFFENSIVE LINES

Young might just wing it to Moss without thinking, interceptions. Young isnt even close to Brady. At least Brady looks, and makes an educated assessment on coverage.

Moss is used to being a diversion on N.E. and not the #1 receiver, Welker is the #1 ball catcher. Moss will be the #1 receiver on the Titans. I think it will take him a few games to accept that and change his hunger.

I might be wrong, but my bet is no change on the Titans, and maybe a few more Ints because of the Moss move, or wasted 3rd down passes. Until week #11 where Vince and Moss can get on the same page.

I should have highlighted the last sentence of your previous post. I was referring to him "not getting it by Sunday". I don't think there will be much for him to get early on.

I agree that they will probably end up throwing more Int's, because I fully expect them to just chuck it up to him. That is why I think his numbers will improve. Young and Collins both will look to him first, IMO. I just don't know if he has the same willingness to go up and get it. Maybe he will, now, after everything that has happened, but who knows.

Moss, if committed, should have big numbers on the Titans. If he is the same guy that he has been all year, nothing will change.

I should have highlighted the last sentence of your previous post. I was referring to him "not getting it by Sunday".

Actually a week from Sunday. The Titans are on a bye this week. Then they head to Miami and still have 2 Indy games to look forward to. If Moss could have beaten the Jets a couple of weeks back, he might have been in contention for Pats 2010 MVP.

I should have highlighted the last sentence of your previous post. I was referring to him "not getting it by Sunday". I don't think there will be much for him to get early on.

I agree that they will probably end up throwing more Int's, because I fully expect them to just chuck it up to him. That is why I think his numbers will improve. Young and Collins both will look to him first, IMO. I just don't know if he has the same willingness to go up and get it. Maybe he will, now, after everything that has happened, but who knows.

Moss, if committed, should have big numbers on the Titans. If he is the same guy that he has been all year, nothing will change.

Yeah, Im just not buying the hype wagon the media is putting out again, same with the Vikings. Moss is a great player, but hes trumpeted by the QB and OL play. No matter how good he is. Titans OL is really bad, and Vince Young is no Tom Brady at figuring out coverage. I like Fisher, but hes no BB.

Im not trying to start anything here, but Im also wondering if this actually hurts there team. I mean, Moss will cause Ints, I think, 1 TO in a game could decide it. BB was smart enough to let him go to make your team better, and I believe that. I think BB made a very difficult move to let him go to help the team, but thats his job.

I guess what Im saying, is Moss a has-been without good coaching, a great QB, and a solid OL? Can he actually hurt the Titans, by them betting everything on his talent? Im thinking yes, for a few games till they gel. But then I thought the Browns was an easy game , so what do I know.

Last edited:
Hmm, if Moss busts with the Titans and is waived, or even w/o being waived, I wonder if he's going to be in an Owens situation next off-season.. signing a $2m contract with some team by late July.. if he gets signed at all. He's a little younger, but on pace for about 600 yards during a season with plenty of 'off the field' trouble.

I mean when was Owens last real blowup aside tweets? In Philly? Or has he just made so much noise in his career, nobody pays attention to him any more?

If he helps them beat the Colts, I approve the move.

Yeah, Im just not buying the hype wagon the media is putting out again, same with the Vikings. Moss is a great player, but hes trumpeted by the QB and OL play. No matter how good he is. Titans OL is really bad, and Vince Young is no Tom Brady at figuring out coverage. I like Fisher, but hes no BB.

Fisher might not be BB. But there case can be made that Fisher is the second most respected coach in the league. An even stronger case can be made that Childress is the worst coach in the league.

And while Vince Young is not Tom Brady, this year he has the highest passer rating in the league. Higher than Tom, higher than Manning. Favre has the second worst.

Titans might be the best place for Moss outside of NE.

Im not trying to start anything here, but Im also wondering if this actually hurts there team. I mean, Moss will cause Ints, I think, 1 TO in a game could decide it. BB was smart enough to let him go to make your team better, and I believe that. I think BB made a very difficult move to let him go to help the team, but thats his job.

No worries, I don't neccessarily disagree with you. But I do think the Titans are his best fit, and his best chance to put up the numbers he wants to.

Actually a week from Sunday. The Titans are on a bye this week. Then they head to Miami and still have 2 Indy games to look forward to. If Moss could have beaten the Jets a couple of weeks back, he might have been in contention for Pats 2010 MVP.

Would have been sweet. I forgot they had a bye this week. Well so much for Randy playing 17 games. :D

No worries, I don't neccessarily disagree with you. But I do think the Titans are his best fit, and his best chance to put up the numbers he wants to.

Same here. For the record tho, I thought Dallas was his best shot for money and the texans where his best shot for numbers. I wish him well. Over and done nice chat mgcolby, thanks learned a lot.

Last edited:
Fisher might not be BB. But there case can be made that Fisher is the second most respected coach in the league. An even stronger case can be made that Childress is the worst coach in the league.

And while Vince Young is not Tom Brady, this year he has the highest passer rating in the league. Higher than Tom, higher than Manning. Favre has the second worst.

Titans might be the best place for Moss outside of NE.

I cant disagree, except Young will never be a Brady, Id post my life on that. But you Pats are making sense. Good conversation thanks, I have more to think about.

I cant disagree, except Young will never be a Brady, Id post my life on that. But you Pats are making sense. Good conversation thanks, I have more to think about.

No, he is not Brady. He doesn't have to be Brady. But he might be able to be as good as Randall Cunningham for one season.

I think him going to the Titans is best thing that could happen other than him coming back:p but, he will only open things up for CJ, and with Indy's atrocious run D, good luck!
He doesn't need to put up 07 numbers, just him being on the field is enough.

No, he is not Brady. He doesn't have to be Brady. But he might be able to be as good as Randall Cunningham for one season.

LOL, nice. I understand the Moss reference. Case and point. Good chat, thank you, as I have said, I guess there is more to think about this. It is a reason why I come here on occasion. good site good insight.

uhh I'm sure he will enjoy Vince Young...

Patsfans.com hates Vince young, McNabb and Mike Vick and Mark Sanchez. Don't question it just accept it.

Last edited:

look at the names he's above and the success they've had.

I wish him the best in Tennessee. Really, with Chris Johnson such a threat for defenses to account for, that will free up Moss more to do what he does best, plus he will be the uncontested #1 over there since Britt is hurt. In NE Welker had a bigger offensive role, in Minnesota it was Harvin. As long as the Titans aren't playing the Pats I hope they do well and take the division title from the Colts. Now that would be hilarious, just watching the Colts forum implode. LOL.

Last edited:
The Moss move is to free up space so teams don't stack the box against Johnson as much. That said the Titans are stupid and run the ball stupid amounts when it's not working getting CJ his touches. With Britt possibly out for a few weeks with injury it makes sense.

I'm kinda pleased we're RB by committee.

Last edited:
"We expect our receivers to block," Fisher said. "We expect all 11 players on the field to play full speed 100 percent of the time."

Good luck with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes