PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders NFL Draft Notes.. Gronk projected to be #2 Tight End..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without looking at the report, what this tells me is, the crappy organizations ignore all the good work the scouts do and go off and draft based on politics and meddling owners.
The Browns are the perfect example...drafting Johnny Manziel while ignoring a $100,000 report.

I'm actually more amazed that a professional scout only watched three games of Gronk's in college.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Without looking at the report, what this tells me is, the crappy organizations ignore all the good work the scouts do and go off and draft based on politics and meddling owners.
The Browns are the perfect example...drafting Johnny Manziel while ignoring a $100,000 report.

This isn't limited to football.

I'm actually more amazed that a professional scout only watched three games of Gronk's in college.

Exactly my thought...I was under the impression NFL scouts watched...I dunno...most to all tape?

It feels funny to defend the Raiders, but: they had Zach Miller, their recent #38 overall pick, coming off a solid 66-catch, 805-yard season. Projecting any rookie as #2 for them was reasonable, and they had Gronk as their #1 TE prospect in the best TE class ever. Sounds like pretty darned good scouting, actually.

Edit: realtime beat me to it in real time, I see!
Average hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes