PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isn't Gronk Guaranteed All-Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this, and I'm not saying he deserves ig, but I'm convinced Kelce will win unless Gronk has the biggest game of his life this week.

So, he hits his middle tier of the incentives (3m extra) plus his base salary if he doesn’t get it? Still sounds pretty good for a guy who supposedly hasn’t touched a dollar of his NFL salary in his 8 seasons. I’m guessing he’ll muddle through somehow.

Does he deserve it? Of course, although that one game suspension may end up proving to be a costly lesson.

Gronk took over the gm on the last drive last week. He's been playing great, he should get first team. 2nd at least

Lol, well Kelce had the superior season “statistically.”

Not even, that's what makes this silly. This isn't the first time I've heard this, yet:
Gronk: 1084 yds, 15.7 y/r, 8 TD, 57 1st downs, 82.6% 1st down with 69 rec on 105 targets for 66% catch/target.
Kelce: 1038 yds, 12.5 y/r, 8 TD, 55 1st downs, 66.3% 1st down with 83 rec on 122 targets for a 68% catch/target.

So yards and TDs are a wash, but Gronk WAY outperformed Kelce in stretching the field and converted MORE 1st downs despite 17 less targets. That 82.6% 1st down rate is ludicrous. So Gronk even has him beat in the stat department.

But with Patriots hate, they will find a way...

Not even, that's what makes this silly. This isn't the first time I've heard this, yet:
Gronk: 1084 yds, 15.7 y/r, 8 TD, 57 1st downs, 82.6% 1st down with 69 rec on 105 targets for 66% catch/target.
Kelce: 1038 yds, 12.5 y/r, 8 TD, 55 1st downs, 66.3% 1st down with 83 rec on 122 targets for a 68% catch/target.

So yards and TDs are a wash, but Gronk WAY outperformed Kelce in stretching the field and converted MORE 1st downs despite 17 less targets. That 82.6% 1st down rate is ludicrous. So Gronk even has him beat in the stat department.

Haha no, I was actually referencing the stats between Kelce & Delanie Walker.

Last edited:

Great information. I knew Gronk was ahead in most of the categories, but it's good to see specifically. What gets forgotten, and I think maybe even by us, is Gronk is a vertical threat. The chunk yards don't only need to happen outside the numbers in our offense when he's in the game.

Lol, well Kelce had the superior season “statistically.”
Not really. They're pretty much dead even. Gronk leads in yards and yards per catch, Kelce leads in receptions.

Not really. They're pretty much dead even. Gronk leads in yards and yards per catch, Kelce leads in receptions.
I was comparing Kelce & Delanie Walker.

Last edited:
gronk should be all-pro

healthy gronk is unbelievably dominant

Gronk finished the season with 69 catches ... so many directions to go with that stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back