PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R.I.P., Marquise Hill (1982-2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard on seven news that Marquise did leave behind a child. They didn't say how old the child was but it appears that the child is very young.
So sad.:(

oh no :(
10 char

Local TV had reporters broadcasting live from Gillette,and all 3 referenced the Patriots' as a very tight-knit group who will take this loss hard.
They also mentioned that though he wasn't a starter,he came through in a clutch when the team needed him to. Also noted he was a quiet guy in the locker room,easy to get along with.
One channel mentioned he leaves one child-no age was noted.
Also of note,fans who were interviewed said "this hurts-he's one of our own".

God be with you now Marquise...If there is a football field up there in heaven I know you will be playing on it.

Even though you were not a regular starter on this team we loved you as if you were - After all you were not just a football player you were part of Patriot Nation and we loved you as a part of it.

You died a hero in saving someones life...And there is no better way to leave this earth than to have saved someone along the way.

You will always be in our memories this Memorial Day Marquise....In the good name of our lord Jesus,Rest In Peace :(

Last edited:
God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change...the Courage to change the things I can...and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Attachments

• p8448216.JPG
    p8448216.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
R.I.P. Hill. Truly sad day in Patriots Nation.

Hopefully the team will commemorate him by placing his number on every players helmet and win a superbowl in his honour.

On this Memorial Day let us remember Marquise Hill.

Let us take a moment to thank G_d for men like these, those who gave of themselves the ultimate sacrifice for others.

R.I.P Mr. Hill...your final play made you a Patriot for the ages.

You last line made me cry.
RIP Marquise.

What happens now to his family? All reports say he was trying to get them back on their feet post-Katrina...they must be depending on him.
Gosh, I hope he left savings for his parents or maybe a life insurance of some sort. I can't imagine grieving this kind of loss and to be financially strapped at the same time.

I'm sure as a pro athlete with a relatively large rookie contract he was a) privately insured and b) has some coverage via the union or something.

A very sad day.

Not much to say that hasn't been said already. I'll just add my condolances and wishes to the Hill family.

I'm sure as a pro athlete with a relatively large rookie contract he was a) privately insured and b) has some coverage via the union or something.

A very sad day.

I wonder what the provisions for an off season tragedy resulting in death are? For the sake of his family and now what appears to be his small child -let's hope for a decent sized policy.

Very sad day indeed, count your blessings and hug your loved ones everybody.

I am welling up reading all of your posts. True, he was not an impact player, but the Patriots lost a family member, tragically. And, for any of you with children, a child has lost his Dad. Hopefully, that child will be told what a hero his Dad was in saving the other girl's life. Truly a sad, sad day.

Re: SERIOUS NEWS: Marquise Hill missing after jetski accident

Obviously it's not going to get as much coverage as if it were a star player. But if you want to look at it from a detached media coverage point of view, as a story it will likely get more traction than the Williams & Nash passings.

Again, if you want to look at it from a matter-of-fact media story POV, you have him instructing his friend and saving her, combined with the whole Louisana/LSU/Katrina angle, which still has legs in the media. Plus, he is a Patriot, which is one of the more popular media teams.

Don't worry -- by the time the day is out it will be a top story.

Again, not that I want to look at this from a clinical angle, its still a tragedy and my utmost concern is for family and friends, but I'm sure this will become a bigger story.

Joe Delaney. That was a big story. So is this. Marquise did his best for that woman. Delaney saved others too.

Why could this not have had a better ending.

Marquise, rest in peace. You will be missed every moment.:(

I am welling up reading all of your posts. True, he was not an impact player, but the Patriots lost a family member, tragically. And, for any of you with children, a child has lost his Dad. Hopefully, that child will be told what a hero his Dad was in saving the other girl's life. Truly a sad, sad day.

I could not have said it better. My heart goes out to the family.

Very sad day for us as fans but the true sadness lies with the family now and the grief they share of watching the boy that grew up to be a man pass so early and the fiance that will never wed this man she loved. Such a tragedy and sure reminder of how precious life is and how important the choices are that we make every day in our lives.

My heart goes out to his family,friends,fiance,former teammates and coaches and ofcourse us fans. My prayers are with everyone including the soldiers we honor today. He will be missed.

Thank you for articulating what I felt but could not put into words.

RIP and God Bless, Marquise.

like i said to the bronco fans when Darrent passed. im gonna preach right now and damn right im fking pissed.

WHY. I ask WHY..do we mistreat players? WHY..do we bash players who might have been a bust in your eyes. WHY?

Do you realize that most of the players are just happy to EVER make it into NFL. Football aint an easy game..pro football is 1 of the hardest things to play. It requires repetition..work, effort, drive. It hurts me when a player gets bashed saying he sucks..get him out of here. PEOPLE DONT REALIZE HOW MUCH YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING UNTIL ITS GONE.

Im gonna be a man and admit that i have said some negative about Marquise not being able to get on the field. God will punish me for that one day. But i have always had the biggest respect for players..starters/bench or cuts. Im glad Marquise got his championship at LSU. Im glad for anyone who ever wins anything because let me tell you boys. Winning aint easy. Im glad he got a ring. Without him..we wouldnt have won the SB. We wouldnt be as good year in and year out. Without Marquise Hill and other players, we wouldnt be as good as we have been.

Why are Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Green as good as they are? You think they were just that talented? NO. How do they prepare each week. Its reptition on the practice field. Who did they go up against besides offense? Each other. Hill made the people better. Beisel made some of our players better. Anyone on the practice field is a major contributor because thats where it starts.

I know i may have screwed up on some of the things i put above(im in tears..its hard for me) but the point is. Appreciate every player..respect every player. One day..when they are gone, your gonna feel like an idiot for saying anything negative and hating. What these athletes have done to make it into NFL is something some of us will never get to witness because 1) We arent as talented. 2) We dont have the balls to put in the amount of work athletes put in and 3) Football aint for everyone. It aint easy

Marquise has never been in trouble. Hes been a model citizen..hes helped around the community here, and in Louisiana. This man is what parents try to raise their children to be. They want them to be succesfull in life. Marquise is successfull because he fulfilled his dreams of playing in NFL..winning 2 big championships. Parents try to raise their children to be respectful and stay out of trouble. This man..worked hard to get to where he is. I think we should all appreciate him as a CHARACTER first..and as a PLAYER second...because theres things far more important than football.

Very sad, he was a member of our family a Patriot family this is a very sad depresed day.

This tragic moment reminds me of one of my favorite Billy Joel songs "Only The Good Die Young"

Re: SERIOUS NEWS: Marquise Hill missing after jetski accident

For the folks I know who grew up in that part of the world, being out on Lake Pontchartrain is a daily way of life. They live on the water, everybody rides jet skis from an early age. It's like skiing in Northern New England -- how many helmets do you see out on the slopes?

But yes, tt's a sobering reminder...do wear your helmets, do wear your life jackets. And keep Hill and his family in your prayers.

skiing with helmets and wearing a life jacket while on a jetski are not the same thing! I don't know what the laws are down there, but all the lakes i've been on (quite a few throughout NE) require a pfd to be on a jetski. they also require them on a boat, although on a boat you don't have to be wearing it.

--------------------

with that said it's a sad day indeed....our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends

best wishes to his family.... i am feel very sorry now. this is a thing u normaly not thinking about....i am just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes