PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R.I.P., Marquise Hill (1982-2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Breaking News - Marquise Hill in Lake Pontchartrain

If it was about life with you then that second paragraph would never have entered your mind......
i agree his performance has no bearing on this tragic situation, any one who mentions his preformance or that he was a 2nd round pick doesnt know what life is about, you should of taken the high road patsnut, instead you fell into the trap and acted like all the other loosers who mentioned it , you should realize it and admit your mistake

Re: SERIOUS NEWS: Marquise Hill missing after jetski accident

I am deeply saddened to here this of Marquise Hill... My thoughts and prayers are with his friends, family and the Patriot players and staff...

Godspeed Marquise!!

My mind keeps turning to Randall Gay. They were teammates for what, 6 or 7 years straight? If the reports are accurate that he was there when the body was found...wow.

On the anger at the media, I can understand the frustration but realistically a sports news outfit on a holiday is not likely to move at the same speed as an internet bboard. There are a lot of strong feelings right now looking for an outlet; maybe the likes of WEEI (and some of our fellow posters, the execrable Tax guy excepted) are getting more than their fair share.

Godspeed to his friends and family.

At least we gotta an angel lookin out for the team this year

Honestly, that's among the most pathetic things anyone has ever written on this board.
we all know that so why do you fell you have to respond why not ignore it you just fall into his trap

i agree his performance has no bearing on this tragic situation, any one who mentions his preformance or that he was a 2nd round pick doesnt know what life is about, you should of taken the high road patsnut, instead you fell into the trap and acted like all the other loosers who mentioned it , you should realize it and admit your mistake

I really shouldn't respond to this crap as emotional as I am right now, but I will for the last time.

There is no friggin way will I admit it was a mistake or meant any thing close to the thing that you, the other sicko, or any other sick mind took it to be. No way, no how, never!

NOW, RIP #91.

Marquise was 24 years old. :(

Did he have any children?

Yes, and I don't know how many. Randall Gay was just talking about him, and how his prayers go out to Marquise' family and kid(s?) (I can't remember if he said kid or kids.)

Last edited:

I really shouldn't respond to this crap as emotional as I am right now

Nut & others in this debate, please listen to that statement and follow its guidance. There are some good, well-meaning posters letting their emotions get the best of them at a tough time. Neither side meant harm, please let it go. You'll be glad for it tomorrow.

RIP Marquise.

Nut & others in this debate, please listen to that statement and follow its guidance. There are some good, well-meaning posters letting their emotions get the best of them at a tough time. Neither side meant harm, please let it go. You'll be glad for it tomorrow.

Words of wisdom.

RIP Marquise. I know how you as fans are feeling about this.

It sounds like he was a true Hero. saving the girls life.

and we cant forget all the true patriots. that have lost life in defending our rights and country. god bless our soldiers.

For those wondering, I believe Marquise was found something like a quarter mile/half mile away from where the accident took place.

Last edited:
For those wondering, I believe Marquise was found something like a quarter of a mile or a half a mile away from where the accident took place.
I read that there was rain and white caps last night on the lake that hampered the search.

Marquise was a hero till the end. We now have two angels watching over Gillette, Marquise and Darryl. May his family and friends find comfort in this terrible time. RIP Marquise.

Just an awful thing to happen to such a young person. He was a hero, because he cared more about saving another human before himself. These type of stories just make you realize how important life is and how unimportant football is. I remember guys like Joe Delaney from KC years ago who tried to save someone even though he didn't know how to swim, and the hockey reporter from ESPN Tom Mees who tried to save someone. Such regard for other peoples lives make these people heroes.

Also, it just makes you think that you should live life to the fullest, because you never know when it can end. RIP indeed Marquise Hill, Though I didn't know you personally, You showed the type of person you were by your actions yesterday. My thoughts are with his family. Very sad.

On this Memorial Day let us remember Marquise Hill.

Let us take a moment to thank G_d for men like these, those who gave of themselves the ultimate sacrifice for others.

R.I.P Mr. Hill...your final play made you a Patriot for the ages.

Well put. It is said that the true mettle of a man is how he responds in time of crisis. Marquise Hill answered that question by giving his life in an attempt to save another............

http://www.wwltv.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/makeASX.php?title=www.wwltv.com/052807hill.wmv

The above report says he has a child just under 2 years of age. RIP Marquise, we hardly got to know you which says more about us then we want to admit. Maybe a lesson for us this training camp to look beyond the starting lineup or the # of drop passes or offsides and realize that these are all human beings with the same strengths and weaknesses.

Sadly,you're right,and thank you to NO for giving us some insight about him. He sounds like a completely stand-up guy-used to work in the school cafeteria to help put himself through school.
He's definitely getting the deserved love and respect from those who knew him best.
We here need to appreciate ALL our players more,take the time to know a bit about them on a more personal level. He reportedly was a great guy in the locker room,quiet,and ready to contribute on the field when asked.
He's been here 4 years,and I knew next to nothing about his life,his family,or his contributions to the community. Regardless,he was one of our own,and somehow after 4 years,we should have somehow gotten to know him better.
In the end,maybe his tragic death has served to enlighten all of us.

Its nice to see lots of respect on forums like finheaven. 90% of the members are being respectfull about it but I saw 3 or 4 distastefull comments about the incident in the thread. What a bunch of sick ass holes who joke about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back