PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question about Seattle...

WelcometotheRazor

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am going to Seattle for the 3 game series in August, but i know nothing about the city...has anyone been there that can suggest good hotels, or at least fun (ie many bars) parts of the city I can look to stay at?

any sights/things we should hit up while out there (besides vancouver???)

I was there for the series last August. You remember the series - Sox got swept, Ortiz got injured and sent back to Boston, Lester found out about his cancer, Manny had checked out so Youkilis looked like a fool in left field and lost two balls in the sun.....pretty much a total disaster! But we had a great weekend because it's a fun city. And we had full sun for three days. August is a good time there. The ballpark is fantastic, too. Get there early for batting practice and you'll meet all the Sox fans.

Recommendations:
1. Space needle - this is mandatory
2. Experience Music Project - tribute to Jimi Hendrix and all things guitars. It's near the Needle.
3. We took a harbor tour. It was cool, but skip this if you are pressed for time.
4. Walk south along the waterfront after the game. You'll find some good bars right along the water.
5. If you are into hiking, get out of the city and into the mountains. Great trails, great vistas. There's snow on a lot of the peaks there all summer.

This is relevant to me. My fiance is planning a trip to Vancouver to see her newborn niece/nephew (we won't know till it's born) and I immediately said "we can go to a Sox game at Safeco." I think we're planning the trip around an early August series now.

The other place we intend to visit is the Science Fiction Hall of Fame and Museum (http://www.sfhomeworld.org/). It might not interest everyone, but I can think of few cooler things than the original death star model.

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I was in Seattle but the thing I enjoyed most when I was there was the underground tour. It starts, if I recall correctly, in Pioneer Square. It's a fascinating tour and gives a really interesting history of the City.

You should check out the great fish market too. (Can't remember what it's called)

I'm very jealous, I really loved Seattle.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back