PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question about roster turnover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just guessing based on the information I have available to me, 3 months outside of the draft. It's all a projection, all for fun. Belichick and Pioli make the decisions and its a darn good thing they do because it obviously works out more often then not. I guess I'm just not as proficient when it comes to draft information as you are.
No, you are missing the point altogether. Your dream draft as well as your expectations are completely unrealistic.

Last edited:
footballsfuture has him ranked as the 4th best CB and #40 overall.
First Marcus McCauley is not better than Daymeion Hughes or didn't you realize that McCauley was benched this year at Fresno State. Furthermore, McCauley has been a major disappointment at the Senior Bowl practices. As a matter of fact, McCauley maybe the most overrated defensive player in the 2007 NFL draft.

12/07/06 - PRO PROSPECTS: CB Marcus McCauley - A second-team All-WAC selection last season, McCauley entered this season as a possible first- or second-round NFL pick. However, Fresno coach Pat Hill pulled McCauley from the starting unit in the season's final month, and it's unclear just how far his stock has fallen. A strong NFL combine would fix some of that, of course.

Rob Rang from NFL Draft Scout
01/22/07 - Senior Bowl North Team Monday Practice Report: Marcus McCauley struggled today. While he looks the part, McCauley looked a half step slower than the other cornerbacks in early drills and this weakness was taken full advantage of by the North's receivers. He was beaten deep a few times and beaten short often. As the practice went on, he seemed to get down on himself. McCauley is too gifted to drop too far down the board, but he'll need to bounce back this week to assure himself of being the top 50 player his talent warrants.

Every year there's a Will Poole (4th) or Kelley Washington (3rd) who projected as a first round pick, top of the second at worst, that falls to the 3rd or 4th round.

I'm not saying any of these players will drop that far but you never know. I wouldn't be shocked if at least two of them slipped into the second round.

how bout martin nance last yr
originally supposed to go early second
ended up goin undrafted

how bout martin nance last yr
originally supposed to go early second
ended up goin undrafted
According to whom?

Name: Martin Nance
College: Miami (OHIO) Number: 15
Height: 6-4 Weight: 213
Position: WR Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2006
40 Time: 4.55 40 Low: 40 High:
Projected Round: 4-5 Stock:
Rated number 23 out of 212 WR's 169/1726 TOTAL

169th rated player overall is a far cry from a second draft pick

Last edited:
According to whom?

Name: Martin Nance
College: Miami (OHIO) Number: 15
Height: 6-4 Weight: 213
Position: WR Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2006
40 Time: 4.55 40 Low: 40 High:
Projected Round: 4-5 Stock:
Rated number 23 out of 212 WR's 169/1726 TOTAL

169th rated player overall is a far cry from a second draft pick

no, i know he fell to mid round status once the draft was here, but months before the draft many ppl had him in second rd status, so like right now a yr ago, so what i was tryin to say was you cant really look how some of these guys are rated now

A better example than Nance would be Ernest Shazor. Started out as a first round pick, hurt his stock at the combine but was still a 2nd to 3rd round "steal," than ended up going undrafted, got picked up by Arizona, but couldn't make their roster.

I think what that means is that there is normally a good reason for high profile droppers.

Currently, the New England Patriots only have 40 players under contract for the 2007 NFL season.

http://www.patscap.com/futureyears.html

This does not take into account possible retirements of Tedy Bruschi and Corey Dillon. Also, the following players may not even be on the New England Patriots roster for the following season:

Mel Mitchell
Tebucky Jones
Chad Scott

Of the ERFA, Mike Wright and Eric Alexander will most likely be extended while the others are extemely questionable.

http://www.patscap.com/patsfreeagency.html

Actually they have 49 players under 2007 contract.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=49677

Since all 10 ERFAs are pretty much locks to be re-signed, the number is really 59.

Last edited:
Tipp I agree with you that viewing one draft source as the bible is ridiculous and half of them are clueless but nobody really knows what will happen. So let's not take it too serious because we are all just speculating.

It's so hard to figure what any one team will think. Look at Buffalo's did anybody have them taking Whittier at 8 or McCargo at 26?

How about Tampa with Davin Joseph?
Jacksonville Marcedes Lewis?

So lets say at 24 the Pats highest rated player is Revis then at 28 it's Jarvis Moss, just as examples. With the number of picks we have if they really love Willis, Griffin or somebody else I can see them taking up to get them like they did with CJ.

Rob Rang from NFL Draft Scout
01/22/07 - Senior Bowl North Team Monday Practice Report: Marcus McCauley struggled today. While he looks the part, McCauley looked a half step slower than the other cornerbacks in early drills and this weakness was taken full advantage of by the North's receivers. He was beaten deep a few times and beaten short often. As the practice went on, he seemed to get down on himself. McCauley is too gifted to drop too far down the board, but he'll need to bounce back this week to assure himself of being the top 50 player his talent warrants.

Hey Andre, how long do you plan on posting info from that site? Just curious...:bricks:

Be realistic! How many of those ERFA will be on the 53 man roster at the start of the 2007 NFL season?

Wright? Alexander? Mays? Spann? Childress? Kight?

Wright? Alexander? Mays? Spann? Childress? Kight?
I agree with your assessment of Mike Wright and Eric Alexander. If the Patriots only carry five wide receivers into the 2007 NFL season, the Patriots will need to seriously upgrade over Childress and Kight, especially if Troy Brown decides to retire. Mays and Spann are highly questionable and I'll be very curious to see how many linebackers and cornerbacks the Patriots select in the 2007 NFL draft. In addition, the Patriots may sign linebacker(s) in unrestricted free agency.

A year's subscription to NFL Draft Scout is fairly inexpensive - $24.95 per year.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/index.php#premium

So for the cost of a case of beer, you too can have a subscription to NFL Draft Scout. Your liver will thank you!

Buy both.. your liver may go into shock if it doesn't get any beer.

(endorsement) - "This is my far the best draft website and well worth the $25. I like it so much I would even pay $26 or $27."

Draft Junkee, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft