PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QB, RB, TE - scouting the prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Garda of Draftguys posted his QB ranking and now his partner Cecil Lammey chimes in with an alternative take. I'll admit Cecil is tracking closer to what I'd think. Enjoy.

Draftguys.com - 2010 NFL Draft QB Rankings

Shipley sizes up Crompton
"I think he definitely deserves a chance to play," Shipley said after a morning workout with Crompton and a handful of other players trying to boost their draft stock. "Obviously I haven't been around him in game situations or anything like that, but just from training with him, he's working really hard and I think he's got the tools to be successful."

RB's are a dime a dozen....

it's been a long time since we have had a very good 1.

Torn on Watson...... its a matter of how much $$$

Florida TE Hernadez I liked a lot..... but no way we will get him.

he's got some nice hands.... I just don't know if the build is there. I'd gamble..... just not number 1 or our best 2's (we have other needs)

Last edited:
Player Profile: Ed ****son

Dexter McCluster is probably my favorite rb out of this draft. Of all the workouts for offensive players, his and Greshams interest me the most.

I got a feeling his 40 time is gonna be off the hook. What impressed me most in some of his runs this year is the way he could run between the tackles and take it outside. He makes guys miss and he bounces off people pretty darn well against stellar competition in the SEC.

His size is definately a factor, he has got to be under 6'0 and probably only weighs a buck70. His frame should be able to take on another 10 pounds or so but I don't think I'm going to hold it against the guy. From what I've seen he runs like an NFL running back. I'd hate to make comparisons so I won't. To me he's a cross between a feature back and an excellent 3rd down back.

It's not a dire need for the Pats but it definately could only help the offense tremendously if they drafted this kid in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back