PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Putting things in proper perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were fantastic. And if I wasn't boycotting the NFL I'd be buying one. Loved them.

th
220px-Birmingham_Americans_team_logo.gif
12102631.jpeg

12120772.jpeg

So close and yet so far. The monocolor/unitard look is pathetic and ruins everything.

But put those jerseys with white pants and you'd have a great-looking uni.

I would support this, or even with silver pants. BUT....... I'd like them to keep the silver helmet. I would consider a white helmet if they went with white pants.

Hey if they're shutting teams out with 27-0 wins, I don't care if the team wears pink TuTus out there

I'd still love to see a hybrid of the red jersey, but the modern numerals and flying Elvis. Add the current silver helmet and white pants, or even silver pants.

Add in those trippy tricorn hats as a throwback logo, and I'm happy.

They were nice but, it's a tragedy they weren't the inverse (red unis with blue stripes).

Anyone happen to know why the Pats picked red rather than blue as their primary color when the team was established back in 1960? After all, red was associated with the Brits, not the revolutionaries. So why did Sullivan pick it?

Anyone happen to know why the Pats picked red rather than blue as their primary color when the team was established back in 1960? After all, red was associated with the Brits, not the revolutionaries. So why did Sullivan pick it?
Red, white and blue were the team's primary colors, in arguably the most American of team names and logos. Blue was and remains a common color for several pro franchises. But no other team, in the pros or college, had this shade of red. Red is bright, unique and says good guys. Blue, in contrast, is common, dull and unspectacular. Otherwise, we'd call Old Glory the 'Blue, red & white'.

As I've pointed out a millions times, Pat Patriot IS dressed in historically accurate blue. And millions of Patriots fans the world over feel the same as we did when we booed the terrible proto-elvis out of the stadium. We simply don't feel we have any more control over a guy replacing our uni's with something stupid and ugly, than we did when John Y. Brown drove Red out of town.

Only the cabbie taking Red to the airport to his flight to meet Werblin in NY opened up his mouth and said, "Red, we love you, you belong here in Boston, this is your home, please don't leave." So, we got to see Larry Bird and Paul Pierce play their careers dressed like Celtics.

Obviously, nobody like that was around when Orthwein convinced Kraft that the media is all-knowing and that the Patriots have no fan base or history, and therefore Tom Brady's played his career dressed like Major Mudd.

Billy Sullivan knew Patriots fans would never accept messing with our logo & uniforms, so Orthwein's solution was simple: "We do it anyway! Screw 'em! What're they gonna do, stop me? We'll cram it down their throats and they'll take it! People are morons! They like what we tell them to! Kraft is so gullible, he'll accept any gibberish excuses I say to justify it. Twenty-five years from now, the new generation will be used to it and embrace it, and the old timers will die out eventually. I'm telling you man, they could win four Super Bowls and they'll still look so stupid that nobody will respect them. The media will always find a way to dump on this team. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!"

Thursday's uniforms made Blount look slim and fast. Long live the flying Elvii

Billy Sullivan knew Patriots fans would never accept messing with our logo & uniforms, so Orthwein's solution was simple: "We do it anyway! Screw 'em! What're they gonna do, stop me? We'll cram it down their throats and they'll take it! People are morons! They like what we tell them to! Kraft is so gullible, he'll accept any gibberish excuses I say to justify it. Twenty-five years from now, the new generation will be used to it and embrace it, and the old timers will die out eventually. I'm telling you man, they could win four Super Bowls and they'll still look so stupid that nobody will respect them. The media will always find a way to dump on this team. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!"

If you truly believe we'd be a universally loved and respected team right now if we still had Pat Patriot, or that Deflategate, Spygate and all the other crap that's happened is because of Flying Elvis, then you're simply gone.

I would buy it but I hate to put money into goodell and the owners pocket.

They were fantastic. And if I wasn't boycotting the NFL I'd be buying one. Loved them.

Aliexpress.com, you can support the team AND stick it to Goodell

I will totally buy one of those jerseys when the Chinese knockoff websites have them.

I ordered my knock off of Color Rush this past weekend, I can post a pic of mine when it arrives if you want?

Aliexpress.com, you can support the team AND stick it to Goodell

I ordered my knock off of Color Rush this past weekend, I can post a pic of mine when it arrives if you want?

There's a legend and limited. What's the difference?

There's a legend and limited. What's the difference?

Not quite sure, maybe it's like authentic and replica? Aliexpress has them listed just as a Color (as a Canadian I want to spell it Colour, lol) Rush jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News