PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

proposed drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbee

Banned
Reaction score
1. Laron Landry (may be available at 20-25 or so, maybe not)
1b. Trade down for extra 2nd and 4th
2a. Daymeion Hughes CB / Fred Bennett CB
2b. Zach Miller TE A. State / A Spencer OLB Purdue
3. Tanard Jackson CB Syracuse / J. Wade CB Tenn.
4. Justin Warren ILB Texas A&M / David Harris Michigan
4. Selvin Young RB Texas
4 supplemental. Kenny Scott CB/S G. Tech
5 supplemental. Justin Hickmon DE/OLB UCLA

horrible. where in your draft do you solve the LB age issue? Warren in4th? Harris wont be there..hes a late 2nd at worst

Warren is slow

you have us drafting like 4-5 DBs..waste of draft

1. Patrick Willis
1b. Michael Griffin
2. Aaron Ross
3. John Higgins

horrible. where in your draft do you solve the LB age issue? Warren in4th? Harris wont be there..hes a late 2nd at worst

Warren is slow

1. Patrick Willis
1b. Michael Griffin
2. Aaron Ross
3. John Higgins

My draft is good. Your draft sucks. Warren isn't that slow.

Patrick Willis is too small to play MLB. Griffin takes alot of false steps in coverage. John HIggins? The WR?

We need 4-5 DBs. We have two marginal CBs if Samuel leaves next year. If they sign him then they'd draft a TE.

And in my draft there are two OLB. One pass rushing in Spencer and Justin Hickmon. So not "no LBs". 3 LBs. And there's a good chance Harris will be there in the 3rd. And Warren isn't slow.

My draft is good. Your draft sucks. Warren isn't that slow.

Patrick Willis is too small to play MLB. Griffin takes alot of false steps in coverage. John HIggins? The WR?

We need 4-5 DBs. We have two marginal CBs if Samuel leaves next year. If they sign him then they'd draft a TE.

And in my draft there are two OLB. One pass rushing in Spencer and Justin Hickmon. So not "no LBs". 3 LBs. And there's a good chance Harris will be there in the 3rd. And Warren isn't slow.

thats IF Samuel leaves. you think BB is gonna go with 4-5 DB rookies? no..hed like a veteran

how small is 6"2 240? hes in college..you cant expect a college player to be the size he will be in NFL..u add weight..muscle..hes a good fit for 3-4. hes a less athletic Jon Vilma. Bruschi is listed at 6"1 247..hes probably more but that means Willis can be more than 240..and hes not room to add weight

Griffin isnt my fav safety..i want Landry/Nelson and even Meriweather(damn him for the incident) but i dont think Reggie and Laron will be there for us and Meriweather because of what he did might not even go round 2.

did u read the article that had BB saying he doesnt care about size..hes been interested in players like Vilma and even Sims this year. Its not the size..its the dedication/work/attitude/skill the player has.

if size matters that much then i guess we should forget Briggs..hes only 240ish

id also like Spencer howver i dont think he falls to mid 2nd. hes a late 1-early 2. hed be a real nice fit for 3-4 though

Last edited:

Warren is slow

1. Patrick Willis
1b. Michael Griffin
2. Aaron Ross
3. John Higgins

Remix,
I was all for Griffen going into the year. But he just didn't have a good year. He missed alot of tackles. Not sure I'd risk it in Rd 1. Maybe rd 2...

Last edited:
thats IF Samuel leaves. you think BB is gonna go with 4-5 DB rookies? no..hed like a veteran

how small is 6"2 240? hes in college..you cant expect a college player to be the size he will be in NFL..u add weight..muscle..hes a good fit for 3-4. hes a less athletic Jon Vilma. Bruschi is listed at 6"1 247..hes probably more but that means Willis can be more than 240..and hes not room to add weight

Griffin isnt my fav safety..i want Landry/Nelson and even Meriweather(damn him for the incident) but i dont think Reggie and Laron will be there for us and Meriweather because of what he did might not even go round 2.

did u read the article that had BB saying he doesnt care about size..hes been interested in players like Vilma and even Sims this year. Its not the size..its the dedication/work/attitude/skill the player has.

if size matters that much then i guess we should forget Briggs..hes only 240ish

id also like Spencer howver i dont think he falls to mid 2nd. hes a late 1-early 2. hed be a real nice fit for 3-4 though

ILBs are hard to draft. They have to be kind of smart, something that may not show up in the relatively simple college defenses. So that's why I think he doesn't draft an ILB high.

I don't think OLB are that hard to find in a 3-4 it just takes a while to teach them what to do.

Maybe not 4-5 rookie DBs but probably a few. Even with Samuel, they need a couple CBs, especially if samuel is only franchised for one year. Safety needs work too.

I don't think there's that much room for WR, especially when they frequently are high round busts. They'll have 3 in Caldwell, Jackson, Gabriel...plus a possible signing of WR Bennett, who I think would be good and probably cheap.

So that doesn't leave much. RB? Not a high round pick. TE? Maybe if Graham leaves, but Thomas isn't getting much playing time this year so even if Graham leaves, they still have two. Plus Mills.

OT? Hard time seeing them drafting one high, but maybe. Light isn't that good. But they are busts too sometimes.

So in short I think they try to go FA or put Vrabel in teh middle. Maybe sign someone like London Fletcher to play middle, or Seau again or Vrabel. Have a couple draft picks playing OLB. In addition to Cain (who should be cheap to resign), Woods, etc.

And I've seen Willis at 6-6'1" and 230 pounds. Hard to know. 230 pounders...how you going to take on a guard at that weight? Makes it tough.

And I've seen Willis at 6-6'1" and 230 pounds. Hard to know. 230 pounders...how you going to take on a guard at that weight? Makes it tough.

thats when he first came into college..that was his scouting report when he came in..i've seen that too. check offical site and a lot of draft sites..

and as far as Bennett the WR..hes not gonna come cheap..hes the best avaible WR in FA..someones gonna pay him a lot believe me

ILB-OLB what difference does it make which is easier? if your OLB in 3-4 your usually a 3-4 DE..u gotta learn coverage and all that..reading the play and so much more. Willis is a pure ILB..hes sideline to sideline. he'll make a great pro

he'll have time to add weight..learn the plays. hes not gonna start unless we feel hes that good all of a sudden and seau isnt back.

Willis ran down Darren McFadden from behind..hes a sideline to sideline player..plays with heart and never gives up. hes as tough as they come and as coachable i hear.

read this btw
Originally Posted by Mike Reiss in the Boston Globe
As part of his annual predraft scouting trip to Florida, Patriots coach Bill Belichick spent "quite a bit of time" with Florida State linebacker Ernie Sims. Belichick came away impressed, but the Lions ended up snatching Sims at No. 9, well before the Patriots picked (21st). Sims enters today's game against the Patriots with a team-high 109 tackles and has several of the qualities the Patriots generally seek. "He's a football guy. Business. Very competitive. Very intense," said Belichick, noting that even though Sims is undersized at 6 feet, 225 pounds, he still could have fit in the middle of a 3-4 defense. "I think football is important to him and he plays like it on the field. Every play he's after you."

BB liking a 6"0 225-230 pound LB whos a speedster and plays with intensity and have him in the middle of a 3-4? hmm..im sure Willis would get picked it BB likes him

Last edited:
Before commenting on mcbee's draft, consider our situation at

defensive back. Ty Law and Tyrone Poole are gone. Asante

Samuel is presumed to be gone. Eugene Wilson will be in the final

year of a 5 year contract next year and may feel bitter like Deon

Branch. Rodney Harrison will be 34 years old on 12/15/06 and is

injured. Anyone think we need to protect our ass by drafting

defensive backs?

l

Before commenting on mcbee's draft, consider our situation at

defensive back. Ty Law and Tyrone Poole are gone. Asante

Samuel is presumed to be gone. Eugene Wilson will be in the final

year of a 5 year contract next year and may feel bitter like Deon

Branch. Rodney Harrison will be 34 years old on 12/15/06 and is

injured. Anyone think we need to protect our ass by drafting

defensive backs?

l

and LBs too.
what if Bruschi got hurt? or then another LB gets hurt? screwed. TBC can fill in fine..but who else can we trust to fill in?

ages:
Bruschi: 33
Vrabel: 31
Colvin: 29-kinda in prime
Seau: 37

we need to add some young blood. we wont win each year when they get older..get someone in to learn from these guys before its late.

OK another draft. I have the feeling Willis will be there at 20-25.

1. Willis ILB
1. trade down into top 2nd
2a. Anthony Spencer OLB/DE
2b. Tanard Jackson CB
3. John Wendling S
4a. Dallas Baker WR Florida (Caldwell, Jackson, Kight, Gaffney, he'd be #5 from Fla.)
4b. Quinton Culbertson Miss. State MLB, / Justin Warren Texas A&M
4supp. Justin Hickmon OLB
5. Ken Scott CB G. Tech

4 LBs, 3 Dbs, 1 WR.

Where are the TEs? How about an pro bowl OT?

If Graham leaves they may take a TE high, like Zach Miller out of ASU. If Kight works out OK or Childress they may not take a WR. If they feel Dillon is done, or won't take a huge pay cut, they might take a RB, but probably not high.

now wheres the DB? we need a top player.
we need 1 DB and 1 LB in round 1 lets put it that way. 2nd round depends on samuel..if he leaves..we need a DB..if he stays..give us another LB

Tanard Jackson is a top DB, So is Wendling.

Samuel himself was picked in the 4th or 5th. Does that mean he's dog****?

Tanard Jackson is a top DB, So is Wendling.

Samuel himself was picked in the 4th or 5th. Does that mean he's dog****?

and u will always find a great player in 4th round.

Rodney was a 5th rounder..Dexter Reid was a 4th rounder.

your risking a lot by passing on some good DBs in round 1 and hoping that another guy falls to you

Rather than trade down to acquire more draft picks, I would use both

of our #1 picks and try to trade up in the second round to get another

good player. I would draft a cornerback, free safety, and a linebacker

in no particular order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes