PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ProFootball Weekly: The Pats are cutting ties with Adalius Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Jets would offer a fifth round pick. I would take that since New England doesn't have a fifth round pick. It'll be the last pick in that round but I don't think the Patriots will get much given his age and salary. Best case scenario is a third round pick which I would prefer for him. But then, I prefer not to trade him to the Jets where he'll likely be highly motivated.

"It's funny," Scott said. "I was hanging with Adalius Thomas for Super Bowl weekend. We're buddies from back in the day. He made it public that he's expressed in interest in joining Rex. I think some of his better years of his career have been a part of the Ravens' defense and under Rex Ryan's tutelage. It'll be exciting."

Scott: Adalius Thomas wants to be a Jet - AFC East Blog - ESPN

I agree with gunnails view of the situation. I just can't see Coach B letting Thomas run into the waiting arms of Rex. Too much bad blood, old and new. I think the Patriots will deal Thomas to some other team out of the division for a low pick. Some team is going to drool over the the athletic ability of Thomas and will have no problem giving away a low pick.

No early "goodwill" cuts here, I hope they keep him as long as possible before letting him loose.

FU Thomas

And then that team will trade him to the Jets for a fourth round pick and we'd look like a bunch of tards.

You can put language into the trade that if he ever is traded to the Jets, then that team must kick in an extra 1st round pick to the Pats. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back