PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ProFootball Weekly: The Pats are cutting ties with Adalius Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's trade him for a 7th round pick to a NFC team just to tick him off. :D

And then that team will trade him to the Jets for a fourth round pick and we'd look like a bunch of tards.

And then that team will trade him to the Jets for a fourth round pick and we'd look like a bunch of tards.

Thats why I say we should just trade him to the Jets.

We'd be up a 7th round pick and the Jets would be down a 4th, so how is this a bad thing?

Any team that did that would find itself unable to find trading partners in the future.

Plus, we can add a poison pill to the trade.

Like when the Pack traded Favre to the Jets.

If he was then traded to the Vikes or released that year and went to the Vikes, it would have cost the Jets 3 first round picks.

Any team that did that would find itself unable to find trading partners in the future.

No, they'd still have 30 teams to deal with, especially the Jets.

Trade him I honestly dont care what we get in return.

We'd be up a 7th round pick and the Jets would be down a 4th, so how is this a bad thing?

Um let's see ... because maybe we could have had the fourth round pick instead and the Jets would STILL be down a fourth road pick. :rolleyes:

No, they'd still have 30 teams to deal with, especially the Jets.

No, they wouldn't. Teams wouldn't trade with someone they couldn't trust.

Um let's see ... because maybe we could have had the fourth round pick instead and the Jets would STILL be down a fourth road pick. :rolleyes:
Offering him to NYJ for a 4th, makes no never mind to me, I'm not expecting a 10 sack season out of him.

I think the best the Pats will get for Thomas is a seventh rounder just to take him off their hands. I say take it and be done with it. I don't think the guy has a lot left, but let him prove me wrong somewhere other than with the Jets.

No, they wouldn't. Teams wouldn't trade with someone they couldn't trust.

I'm pretty sure they would. Teams still wheel and deal with us all the time, especially come draft time.

I'm pretty sure they would. Teams still wheel and deal with us all the time, especially come draft time.

The Pats have traded with a whole host of teams over the last few year even teams you would think wouldn't trade with the Pats and allow them to potentially trade to get better (like the Chargers in the last draft). I think very few teams would be hesitant to trade with the Pats if they offered something they want. Those teams off the top of my head would pretty much be limited to the Jets (and that might be more Belichick not wanting to deal with them), Browns (same as the Jets), and Colts (Polian hates the Patriyachts and would never help them even if it helped his team). I wouldn't even put the Dolphins or Bills in there under the right conditions. In fact, with Shanahan back in the league (especially with him in the NFC), and McDaniels and Pioli going to new teams last year, I think the Pats have more potential trading partners that are close to Belichick than ever.

If you can't be trusted, you won't be a trade partner. It's really that simple. If you make a trade for a player and then just roll him over to a team the trading partner clearly didn't want the player going to, you won't be considered trustworthy, and teams won't want to deal with you.

If you can't be trusted, you won't be a trade partner. It's really that simple. If you make a trade for a player and then just roll him over to a team the trading partner clearly didn't want the player going to, you won't be considered trustworthy, and teams won't want to deal with you.

OK, I agree that the Patriots would never trade with the team that used them again, but other teams don't buy that crap. You might hurt some feelings, but not everyone's.

If a team needs to get better and trading is the only way, someone will deal with them. We just went through one of the biggest scandals in NFL history, plus all the other crap we've heard people complain about (coach not being respectful to other coaches, running up scores, Belichick ditching the Jets after a day on the job), and I think we had more trades than any other team last year.

So what I am hearing here is that probably most of you would not be happy if the Pats simply release AT.

And at the same time the vibe seems to be that AT has little trade value, age/contract/attitude.

I'm thinking maybe the Seahawks will give a 6th that could turn into a 5th.

So what I am hearing here is that probably most of you would not be happy if the Pats simply release AT.

And at the same time the vibe seems to be that AT has little trade value, age/contract/attitude.

I'm thinking maybe the Seahawks will give a 6th that could turn into a 5th.

Nah, I think he's going to your team. And, I think that if he does, he'll have a good season. Best case scenario would see him going to Seattle I guess, but I don't see why. I don't think he'd be a fit in their defense. He'd fit like a glove with the Jets or Ravens.

Nah, I think he's going to your team. And, I think that if he does, he'll have a good season. Best case scenario would see him going to Seattle I guess, but I don't see why. I don't think he'd be a fit in their defense. He'd fit like a glove with the Jets or Ravens.

=======================================================

So you are thinking that the Pats are going to release AT?

If the Jets pick him up and he performs well that would have to really eat at BB, maybe not.

Seems there would be somebody out there willing to give something for him other then letting him get into the grasp of the Jets.

=======================================================

So you are thinking that the Pats are going to release AT?

If the Jets pick him up and he performs well that would have to really eat at BB, maybe not.

Seems there would be somebody out there willing to give something for him other then letting him get into the grasp of the Jets.
I doubt BB is going to worry over much about where Afailius lands, but if he can find a buyer I'm sure he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes