PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Day Results

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Pro Days start on Monday (Minnesota, Mississippi and Pittsburgh, among others). The full schedule is posted on CBS Sports/NFL Draftscout:

2014 NFL Draft: Pro day schedule - CBSSports.com

This thread is to post and discuss any relevant results.

Up today: Pittsburgh, Mississippi, Minnesota.

I think there's a good chance that Aaron Donald, Ra'Shede Hageman and Donte Moncrief will all stand on their Combine results, barely a week old.

I think there's a good chance that Aaron Donald, Ra'Shede Hageman and Donte Moncrief will all stand on their Combine results, barely a week old.

They would be crazy not to and should fire their agents for not telling them so.

Pro Days from Auburn and Buffalo today, among others (Northwestern, Alabama State). Greg Robinson and Khalil Mack will undoubtedly stand on their Combine numbers, but the interesting one should be Dee Ford, who didn't run at the Combine due to medical concerns about his back. It will be interesting to get some numbers on Ford.

Dee Ford ran a 6.88 3 cone which will no doubt make him interesting to the Pats. 4.59 40 too.

74 on Mayo' explosion numbers (29, 35.5, 10'3")

Dee Ford ran a 6.88 3 cone which will no doubt make him interesting to the Pats. 4.59 40 too.

Auburn Pro Day: Lighter Dee Ford shows off speed, power - CBSSports.com

Ford weighed in at 244# (down from his Combine weight of 252#) and had a 35.5" VJ, 10'4" 10 BJ and 29 reps @225 (explosiveness score of 74) and ran a 4.59 40 (reportedly 4.54 on his 2nd attempt) with a 6.8 3-cone. I haven't seen 10-yard split or short shuttle times yet, but he looks to have elite explosiveness and mobility.

Call me crazy but I think Donte Moncrief would be perfect selection for the Patriots in the First Round. Moncrief seems like the complete package.

wow, that's insane. I wonder if Cleveland doesn't go quarterback at 4, if they consider him. Oakland at 5 or Atlanta as well might be good landing spots as well.

I think Atlanta at 6 or TB at 7 would be great fits for him. Houston is a great fit schematically. He could play the Leo for Guys Bradley in Jacksonville. Lots of places in the top 10 where he could fit in nicely.

Purdue OT Kevin Pamphile fits most of the Patriots' requisites for an OL:

Since the start of the season I've felt Purdue tackle Kevin Pamphile is one of the more underrated blind side protectors in this draft (I've given him a 7th-round grade) and he proved why today. After measuring 6044/311lbs, Pamphile timed the forty in 4.92s and 4.94s in front of 17 teams with a 10 yard split which clocked under 1.70-seconds on few watches. His other marks included 25 reps on the bench, a vertical jump of 32-inches and broad of 9-feet. His short shuttle timed 4.61s. During drills one scout described Pamphile as "athletic and fluid moving around the field and effective in all the position work."

http://walterfootball.com/proday.php

32" vert and sub 1.7 10 yard split is Joel Bitonio good. Only Matt Patchan had a higher vert than Pamphile. The 4.61 SS is a bit of a let down though.

I think Atlanta at 6 or TB at 7 would be great fits for him. Houston is a great fit schematically. He could play the Leo for Guys Bradley in Jacksonville. Lots of places in the top 10 where he could fit in nicely.

Khalil Mack + JJ Watt >>>> Aldon Smith + Justin Smith

Auburn Pro Day: Lighter Dee Ford shows off speed, power - CBSSports.com

Ford weighed in at 244# (down from his Combine weight of 252#) and had a 35.5" VJ, 10'4" 10 BJ and 29 reps @225 (explosiveness score of 74) and ran a 4.59 40 (reportedly 4.54 on his 2nd attempt) with a 6.8 3-cone. I haven't seen 10-yard split or short shuttle times yet, but he looks to have elite explosiveness and mobility.

I think he'd be a great pick for us at 29. You have to pressure the qb. Hardly anybody has a secondary that can actually cover receivers. A little more pressure on the qb and you make him throw the ball before he wants and those defensive backs are a lot closer to the receiver than when the qb has all day to throw. I've given up on Donald falling to us. I'm thinking Ford in Round 1 and maybe Quarles in Round 2.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back