PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl announced today..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Indiana natives and transplants I've met have been salt of the earth, I can never get over the contrast between the team's current management and leadership and the folks I know - come to think of it, the Indy Star forums are littered with road kill too...I respected that team back in the Harbaugh days, they were fun and scrappy, reminded me of the Grogan-led Pats, but this crowd...dang but that Polian is a cancer.

Yup. Didn't mind the Harbaugh Colts. Manning Colts...ugh. Home crowd fans remind me of Duke fans.

Yup. Didn't mind the Harbaugh Colts. Manning Colts...ugh. Home crowd fans remind me of Duke fans.

Oh yeah, Harbaugh, though overrated, was fun.

You know what's strange, and maybe this should be a thread in itself, if you visit other teams' boards (and I belong to six) despite the conventional wisdom that Manning is a prick, the grizzled message board fans, who usually don't like that kind of personality, and whose own teams have gotten beaten by him, are rooting for the guy to win a super bowl!

Apparently it's just Patriots fans who giggle with delight at the thought of this guy becoming the next Marino.

You know what's strange, and maybe this should be a thread in itself, if you visit other teams' boards (and I belong to six) despite the conventional wisdom that Manning is a prick, the grizzled message board fans, who usually don't like that kind of personality, and whose own teams have gotten beaten by him, are rooting for the guy to win a super bowl!

Apparently it's just Patriots fans who giggle with delight at the thought of this guy becoming the next Marino.

If Peyton Manning was playing in the NFC, I probably wouldn't mind. I'd rather see him win a Super Bowl than his brother Eli ("Waaaah! I don't want to play for San Diego! Waaaah!"). But I wouldn't mind seeing Manning become Marino II.

He's probably alright in person, Tommy seems to like him, but I do indeed giggle everytime he is compared to Marino - the mental pictures are so entertaining, Marino surrounded by a bunch of waving Isotner-gloved paws, and Manning standing next to the Madden cruiser with cleated feet twitching at him. Viva mediocrity!

I think Tommy likes him because to Peyton's credit he's a very serious student of the game. Brady probably enjoys talking shop.

Don't see anyone clamoring for an AFC Finalist banner around here, do you?

yes, I saw that on Monday Night Football - what a weird thing for the Colts to hang, like "almost a champion 2005".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call