PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictable Walsh Talks May be Near...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Predictable Walsh Talks May be Near..

All I've ever read is Walsh saying, paraphrased, "things were done that people haven't taken responsibility for". Unless Walsh has said something additional to Goodell, there's serious "literary license" going on from that Goodell quote.

How would Walsh know, when he said that, that Bill had not taken responsibility for everything????? No way he could have known that, I mean NO one really knows but Goodell - and I guess Specter based on their meeting a month ago or so.

All I've ever read is Walsh saying, paraphrased, "things were done that people haven't taken responsibility for". Unless Walsh has said something additional to Goodell, there's serious "literary license" going on from that Goodell quote.

And since most of the world (including most of the media) in February thought the Pats were only punished for videotaping the Jets and not for videotaping signals since 2000, my guess is that Walsh probably didn't realize it too when he spoke with the NYT. That is why I think that might be all he has. I think Walsh and others thought, at least until Goodell spoke the Friday before the Super Bowl, that if new evidence of the Pats videotaping defensive signals came up that the Patriots were in trouble.

I really don't think Walsh has anything. If he had any strong concrete evidence, this negotiation process would not be taking as long. The league has already seemed to have said they would give him indemnity for any stole property as long as it was returned. It seems that the hang up is based on what Walsh has to say rather than what he has to show.

How would Walsh know, when he said that, that Bill had not taken responsibility for everything????? No way he could have known that, I mean NO one really knows but Goodell - and I guess Specter based on their meeting a month ago or so.

Walsh said that before Specter met with Goodell. I think Walsh said that based on what everyone assumed the Pats admitted to which was far less than what, according to Goodell, they actually admitted to.

All I've ever read is Walsh saying, paraphrased, "things were done that people haven't taken responsibility for".

Maybe Walsh was really saying that Arlen Spector needs to take responsibility for his jackass antics?

What really irked me about that comment was the ' he has evidence and new information which would lead to further disciplinary action'. New, does that mean once he comes out with his findings right before the draft, he can come out with new evidence right before the season opener? Isn't it obvious he has a vendetta by saying this would lead to disciplinary action. My take, is if he does not provide anything before this draft, then its time to close the book on him, that means all the media and the commissioner. If he continues to talk after the draft, the Patriots should call their lawyers.

Is it just me or is it interesting that the NFL Channel just filed a complaint with the FCC concerning Comcast yesterday and then Fatso's story comes out. Looks like a distraction technique to me !! ;-)

I'm sure that everywhere Goodell appears the first question asked

is about Matt Walsh. Goodell's stock answer is talks are getting closer.

The media is lurking like vultures hoping to see Belichick and the Patriots

given further punishment.

Tomase has suffered irreparable damage with regard to his dealings

with the Patriots. The only thing he can gain from this situation is

praise from the media people if Walsh presents evidence that results

in further punishment.

.......A savvy Commissioner's answer to this line of questioning would have been ..."As has been the case since last September, our door remains open IF Mr. Walsh has any evidence or information he feels is worth sharing regarding essentially unsubstantiated allegations he is rumored to have made and which the Patriots have strongly denied. Frankly I hope to meet with him soon because we need to move on beyond rumor and inuendo, and both the league and the Patriots would welcome closure on this matter..."

Well said. Someone should print this out and staple it to Goodell's forehead. Then he might get a clue. Or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back