Patriots 17
Denver 17

Last edited:
24-14 Pats

Pats- 35
Denver-14

Pats-23
Donkos-21

Ghost-Game winning 53 yd FG in the closing minutes.

Denver 19
New England 17

I know predictions are just for fun...but why do so many of you feel the Pats are going to suddenly score 30-40 points when they haven't broken 30 yet and Denver hasn't given up more than 10?

I think you answered your own question, there, fella, it's for fun. But, the Vegas Over/Under for points scored in this game is 41 1/2, so some people with money on the line think somebody's gonna score some points in this game and it ain't necessarily gonna be Mr. Orton.

Pats 20
Donkeys 10

I think you answered your own question, there, fella, it's for fun. But, the Vegas Over/Under for points scored in this game is 41 1/2, so some people with money on the line think somebody's gonna score some points in this game and it ain't necessarily gonna be Mr. Orton.

It's always fascinating to try to put yourself in the oddsmakers' shoes, and wonder why they put a line where they do. Generally speaking, they don't place lines according to what they think will happen, but rather according to how they feel the public will react. Usually, that means they're placing lines so that they get equal actions on both sides (but not always). So right now, it seems like they think they can get 50% on either side of a 41.5 point line. Either that or they think that the total will go over, but also that most people will bet the under, and they think they can make a killing here. I'm not sure if the former or the latter is the case, but if I had to guess I'd say it's the former.

Pats - 23
Denver - 16

Pats 31
Den 17

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference