NFC:
* Packers @ Seahawks (Seahawks win)
* Eagles @ Panthers (Panthers win)

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS:
* Chargers @ Patriots (Patriots win)
* Panthers @ Seahawks (Panthers win)

SUPER BOWL:
* Panthers v. Patriots (Patriots win)

Operation homer in effect. The officials will find a way to get Manning at least one playoff victory this season. It's got that 2006 feel about it all over again (hopefully with a different AFC Championship result).

Code:
[B]Wild Card[/B]
[B]AFC[/B]
(5) Chiefs v. [B]  (4) Colts[/B]                  
(6) Chargers v. [B](3) Bengals [/B]            
[B]NFC[/B]
(6) Saints v. [B]  (3) Eagles [/B]                
(5) 49ers v. [B]   (4) Packers  [/B]              

[B]Divisional Round[/B]
[B]AFC[/B]
(3) Bengals v. [B] (2) Patriots[/B]              
(4) Colts v. [B]   (1) Broncos [/B]               
[B]NFC[/B]
(3) Eagles v. [B]  (2) Panthers  [/B]              
(4) Packers v. [B] (1) Seahawks [/B]             

[B]Championship Round
AFC[/B]
[B](2) Patriots[/B] v  (1) Broncos                
[B]NFC[/B]
(2) Panthers v. ([B]1) Seahawks[/B]

[B]Super Bowl[/B]
[B](2) Patriots[/B] v. (1) Seahawks

WILD CARD:

AFC:
* Chiefs v. Colts ( Chiefs Win)
* Chargers v. Bengals ( Bengals Win )

NFC:
* Saints v. Eagles ( Saints Win )
* 49ers v. Packers ( packers win )

DIVISIONAL ROUND:

AFC:
* Bengals v. Patriots ( Patriots Win )
* Chiefs v. Broncos ( Chiefs Win )

NFC:
* packers v. Panthers ( panthers Win )
* Saints v. Seahawks ( Seahawks Win )

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND:

AFC:
* Chiefs v. Patriots ( Patriots Win )

NFC:
* panthers v. Seahawks ( Panthers Win )

SUPER BOWL
* Panthers v. Patriots ( Patriots Win)

WILD CARD:

AFC:
* Chargers v. Bengals ( Chargers Win )

NFC:
* 49ers v. Packers ( Packers Win )

DIVISIONAL ROUND:

AFC:
* Chargers v. Patriots ( Patriots Win )
* Chiefs v. Broncos ( Chiefs Win, you can only beat a good team so many times )

NFC:
* Packers v. Panthers ( Packers Win. Panthers are the weakest team in the NFC )
* Saints v. Seahawks ( Saints Win in a stunner, you can only beat a good team so many times, and SP learns quick. This time D shows up )

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND:

AFC:

NFC:
* Saints v. Packers ( Packers Win, weather and OL, run game problems )

SUPER BOWL
* Packers v. Patriots ( Patriots Win, I dont think their is a toupher team than the Pats in the NFL. Run game and Kicker wins Pats 4th SB in horrible weather)

WILD CARD:

AFC:

NFC:

DIVISIONAL ROUND:

AFC:
* Chiefs v. Broncos ( Chiefs Win, you can only beat a good team so many times )

NFC:
* Packers v. Panthers ( Packers Win. Panthers are the weakest team in the NFC )
* Saints v. Seahawks ( Saints Win in a stunner, you can only beat a good team so many times, and SP learns quick. This time D shows up )

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND:

AFC:

NFC:
* Saints v. Packers ( Packers Win, weather and OL, run game problems )

SUPER BOWL
* Packers v. Patriots ( Patriots Win, I dont think their is a toupher team than the Pats in the NFL. Run game and Kicker wins Pats 4th SB in horrible weather)

Dude, it is the NFC souths time to represent the SB. Saints or the d@mn panthers will be in it. You can add in a little homerism into the NFC SB representative also :D

Dude, it is the NFC souths time to represent the SB. Saints or the d@mn panthers will be in it. You can add in a little homerism into the NFC SB representative also :D

We dont have it this year, and the Panthers O is not very good.

In 2011 with injuries Saints put 36 pts on the seahawks, that should be a win, but the D folded again, and its a loss.
In 2012 with injuries saint put 32 pts on the 49ers, that should be a win, but the D folded again, and its a loss.

Its offense. Though usually D loses games away for the Saints historically. The D is playing worse than at home, again, but the suprise is that the O has started to play equally bad on away games.

You combine the D playing at even a #10 level, and the O falling apart on away games, you get blow outs or close losses.
For the 1st time, Im not seeing the dominate #1 offense for the last 6 years. O looks confused and unable to recover on the road. Brees has lost a few games.
Bree says " We expect to score on every drive" its possible that they are to egotistical, because of success, and think they will. So, when diversity happens they are unable to cope.

I think we will make it farther, than ppl think, but we cant beat Packers in that weather with our problems, unless the O magically becomes amazing again.
And still, Beating NE and Brady in the weather of NY? lol
I hope we make it that far, I believe in them every game, but it would just be nice to share a SB with the good fans of NE even when we get wiped badly,lol.
Nothing against the boys, I think we did better than we should have.

We dont have it this year, and the Panthers O is not very good.

In 2011 with injuries Saints put 36 pts on the seahawks, that should be a win, but the D folded again, and its a loss.
In 2012 with injuries saint put 32 pts on the 49ers, that should be a win, but the D folded again, and its a loss.

Its offense. Though usually D loses games away for the Saints historically. The D is playing worse than at home, again, but the suprise is that the O has started to play equally bad on away games.

You combine the D playing at even a #10 level, and the O falling apart on away games, you get blow outs or close losses.
For the 1st time, Im not seeing the dominate #1 offense for the last 6 years. O looks confused and unable to recover on the road. Brees has lost a few games.
Bree says " We expect to score on every drive" its possible that they are to egotistical, because of success, and think they will. So, when diversity happens they are unable to cope.

I think we will make it farther, than ppl think, but we cant beat Packers in that weather with our problems, unless the O magically becomes amazing again.
And still, Beating NE and Brady in the weather of NY? lol
I hope we make it that far, I believe in them every game, but it would just be nice to share a SB with the good fans of NE even when we get wiped badly,lol.
Nothing against the boys, I think we did better than we should have.

It will be amazing if we win it all. Especially when it was during mannings stat season lol

WILD CARD:

AFC:

NFC:

DIVISIONAL ROUND:

AFC:
* Chiefs v. Broncos ( Chiefs Win, you can only beat a good team so many times

Your afc divisional matchups aren't possible. It would end up being chargers vs broncos and pats vs chiefs.

It will be amazing if we win it all. Especially when it was during mannings stat season lol

I honestly think you will. One of the touphest teams Ive seen in NE. For the 1st time, Im not even worried. Might be some nail biters, but Im not seeing a team that can beat you. As long as NE plays their ball, and doesnt get outside of their game. Almost every NFC team has bad away games this year, even seahawks.

I honestly think you will. One of the touphest teams Ive seen in NE. For the 1st time, Im not even worried. Might be some nail biters, but Im not seeing a team that can beat you. As long as NE plays their ball, and doesnt get outside of their game. Almost every NFC team has bad away games this year, even seahawks.

Hope so. Then the saints next Super Bowl.

Operation homer in effect. The officials will find a way to get Manning at least one playoff victory this season. It's got that 2006 feel about it all over again (hopefully with a different AFC Championship result).

I agree. I'm have a hard time buying into the popular opinion that Manning will automatically lose their one home game this year, since it's happened before. To me, the past doesn't necessarily equate to the present/future.

I think we'll have to go through DEN this year if we get through our home game, although we'll all be rooting for their opponent of course. I'm wondering if we should root for SD to beat CIN, then go onto DEN?

I'll have to admit, I'm not terribly thrilled about the idea of going to DEN, where we not only will have to beat them 2x this year, but 3x in a row overall. That's a pretty damn tough task if you ask me, not that I mean to sound terribly pessimistic. I'd just much rather see someone take them out for us.

I agree. I'm have a hard time buying into the popular opinion that Manning will automatically lose their one home game this year, since it's happened before. To me, the past doesn't necessarily equate to the present/future.

I think we'll have to go through DEN this year if we get through our home game, although we'll all be rooting for their opponent of course. I'm wondering if we should root for SD to beat CIN, then go onto DEN?

I'll have to admit, I'm not terribly thrilled about the idea of going to DEN, where we not only will have to beat them 2x this year, but 3x in a row overall. That's a pretty damn tough task if you ask me, not that I mean to sound terribly pessimistic. I'd just much rather see someone take them out for us.

Supa, just root for the pats each game. Just have to go wherever and play whoever. Don't skirt through the playoffs, smash right through to the top and get a championship title.

The Patriots sure are not a lock but the Broncos had the easiest strength of Schedule in the NFL this year. They lost to the Patriots, Indy and split the Chargers. Manning has a history in the playoffs and he has a history in the weather. I think Indy beats the Chiefs and then Denver. I also think that the Chiefs can beat Denver as it is so tough to beat the same team 3x in one season.

I think the best thing the Patriots have going is 3 outdoor games in the cold and hopefully a bad weather run game.

I also think that the Chiefs can beat Denver as it is so tough to beat the same team 3x in one season.

Actually, when 2 division teams meet up in the playoffs and one team has swept both games, the odds of them winning the 3rd game are almost 65%, at least through early 2010.

In 12/19 cases as of early 2010, the divisional team who had won the first 2 went on to win the 3rd in the playoffs, so it's not as tough as some would think.

Sorry for the B/R link, but the numbers are credible throughout that time period, although we'd have to go through the past 3 playoff years to add to it. We've had many conversations on it in the past. I just can't find another link at the moment.

Beating a Team Three Times in One Season Is Easier Done Than Said | Bleacher Report

EDIT: Throughout last season (2012) teams were 13-7 in the 3rd meeting in the division when winning the first 2, so these are the latest updated numbers at 65%.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/archived-water-cooler/59585-nfl-myths-beating-team-three-times-hard.html

I think anyone can beat just about anyone else this year. With that said I know many folks are wishing on cold weather for Denver's playoff game, but right now the extended forecast is calling for temps in the mid 50's in Denver on the 12th.

Its hard to call in the AFC, I want to take KC but they lost the last time they visited Indy and the majority of the roster is lacking in any playoff experience. That scares me, but I think I will go with the Chiefs.

Ah, I'll just pick this weeks games:

Chiefs over Colts
Eagles over Saints
Bengals over Chargers
Packers over 49ers

Wild Card Round
SF over GB
Phi over NO
SD over Cin
Ind over KC

Divisional Round
Sea over SF
Phi over Car
NE over Ind
SD over Den

Conference Championships
Sea over Phi
NE over SD

Super Bowl
NE over Sea, 24-21

This should be called "Predict the Playoffs with the Pats winning thread"!

WC:
Colts, Bengals
Eagles, 49ers

Div:
Broncos, Pats
Seahawks, Panthers

Championship:
Broncos
Seahwaks

SuperBowl
Hawks

Sorry, just how I see it.

This should be called "Predict the Playoffs with the Pats winning thread"!

WC:
Colts, Bengals
Eagles, 49ers

Div:
Broncos, Pats
Seahawks, Panthers

Championship:
Broncos
Seahwaks

SuperBowl
Hawks

Sorry, just how I see it.

You could be right, although the chances of BOTH #1 seeds going all the way can't be all that great either. I think that one definitely makes it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes