Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many games will the Pats win this year?

• Less than 6

Votes: 6 4.0%

Votes: 9 6.0%

Votes: 22 14.8%

Votes: 27 18.1%

Votes: 28 18.8%

Votes: 30 20.1%
  • More than 10

Votes: 27 18.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
No saying I told you so unless you vote! Made it a poll but folks should also post their predictions

I say 8, which might be real optimistic with this offensive line, but I hope I'm way too low

Unfortunately, wheels come off the bus. I think Mac gets injured due to poor OL and Zappe is not a competent backup.

Not terrible in the long run because it means lots of chances to get talent in draft.
Have to hit rock bottom before team can ascend.

I have them at 8 wins. The team is marginally better than last year, mostly because we have a real OC. The players m.i.g.h.t. be a little better, but it's likely most of our opponents are better as well, some by a greater margin, including obviously teams in our division. This is a rebuilding team, not a competitive team. I'd grade preseason/camp about a D+. Worst preseason I remember. I almost chose 7 wins, tbh. I'm not disappointed at all. This is about what I expected. We need a GM. Giving Ol' Bill less to do might get him out of this weird funk he's in, where he wants all his kids safe at home or something..

Been a while since I got this quite right (2018, if my braggin-ass sig link is anything to go by), but I'll give this a go. Read to the end to get a wacky Super Bowl prediction. I've got my $100 bet in.

PHI: W (not losing on TB12 night)
MIA: W
@ NYJ: W
@ DAL: L
NO: W
@LV: L
BUF: L
@Mia: L
WAS: W
IND: W
@NYG: L
LAC: L
@PIT: W
KC: L
@DEN: W
@BUF: L
NYJ: W

Tough schedule for us this year, but I've got us at 9-8 and a Wild Card, courtesy of a "win-and-in" game against the stupid Jest. And then losing to the even dumber Billshits in the WC round.

Super Bowl:
KC vs. DET

Super Bowl Champions:
The goddamned Detroit Lions

Based on the roster and now the Schuster situation, they are about an 6-8 win team at best.

The division itself has not been this brutal since 1998-1999.

Last edited:
Based on the roster and now the Schuster situation, they are about an 6-8 win team at best.

The division itself has not been this brutal since 1998-1999.
What Schuster situation

I think they improved enough they could sneak in 9 wins. We'll see.

What Schuster situation
Phil Perry had predicted before training camp started that Schuster was going to miss time and that his knee could be a problem. Now Albert Breer is reporting it is:

I think this year’s gonna be rough unfortunately. A very iffy line and no real go to guy on offense. 8 or 9 wins. On the plus side i think our defense will be top flight with hopefully what proves to be another solid draft.

I still have some faith in the overall rebuild and next year should be alot better. We have lots of cap space. Our defense should still be great (mostly just gotta find a way to keep dugger, uche’s pass rushing will be missed but we still have plenty there). we just need a good offseason on offense (upgrade the tackles, preferably land a #1 wideout) . You add that to rham and our current depth at wr and its a very formidable offense.

The schedule never turns out the way it looks before the season.
This is an excellent defense and the offense will be above average.
75% of the teams in the league are 7-11 win teams, depending upon turnovers and fluky wins and losses. If they protect the ball and take it away this is easily an 11 win team.

I think they’ve improved enough for 9 wins and might even sneak in the playoffs. Assuming staying healthy mostly.

After that dumpster fire of last season in which the Patriots only won 8 games but should have beaten Greenbay, Vegas and Cincy. I give them 9-10 wins but went with 10 on the poll.

PHI: L
MIA: W
@ NYJ: L
@ DAL: L
NO: W
@LV: W
BUF: L
@Mia: L
WAS: W
IND: W
@NYG: L
LAC: W
@PIT: W
KC: W
@DEN: W ( A bit iffy on this one @ Denver)
@BUF: L
NYJ: W

Last edited:
Looking at the schedule, I came up with 7 wins, but chose 8 in the poll because I think there could be a surprise or two. I would be ecstatic with 8-9 wins.

I said 9 wins. Division split for 3 wins, 2-2 vs NFC East, 1-3 vs AFC West and wins over Saints, Colts and Pit.

Have a chance at sneaking in to the playoffs.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back