PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah most likely the Pats are getting curb stomped.

They don't all have to win.

2 of the Patriots, Jets, Phins and Steelers are getting in.

There are 3 scenarios in which only 2 games need to go the Patriots way.

Scenario #1: Let's assume a Jags win. That's win #1. At that point, a Browns win gets the Patriots in. So in this scenario, only 2 games need to go our way.

Scenario #2: Jags win. Jets beat the Phins. Only 2 games need to go our way.

Scenario #3: In a scenario where the Phins win, then we need the Jags and Browns to win. Again, only 2 games need to go our way.

Scenario #3 is the least likely, IMO.
This is wrong. 1st of all, Jets are already out. 2nd, we need 3 losses by other teams to get in, unless we beat BUF.

Agree, except Pats have not been running the ball that great recently. Since the bye, rushing yds: 99, 45, 60, 103, 206, 61, 76.
Record in those games: W, L, L, W, L, L, W. I suspect it's because teams are stacking the box and forcing us to beat them by passing. Pats are #23 in rushing. Mac is going to need his best game to win, imo.
The Bills also have a top 5 run defense this year. Better than last year. If there's going to be a breakout game for Mac and the passing offense this would be a good time to have it.

Boy, this playoff scenario just got complicated with the NFL memo.
Bottom line, Cincy was going to win that game. And it seems that the Bills got a big boost in all of this, and the Pats are getting screwed.
Such is the new era of Pats football.
Lol, They were 5 minutes in and up by 4 points

cartoon that sums things up well, in terms of fans this weekend

63b488a0df1e4.image.jpg

This is wrong. 1st of all, Jets are already out. 2nd, we need 3 losses by other teams to get in, unless we beat BUF.
This was based upon 8 teams getting in the playoffs, which so far, it doesn't sound like is going to happen.

Oh sh*t.

So let me get this straight... In the last 3 matchups with the Bills, they have 104 points (35 P/G), 14 TDs, and 3 punts but now that they're wearing #3 patches, they're really going to beat us. Is that what we're going with?

So let me get this straight... In the last 3 matchups with the Bills, they have 104 points (35 P/G), 14 TDs, and 3 punts but now that they're wearing #3 patches, they're really going to beat us. Is that what we're going with?
I get your point, but I had some hope we would make it a game before the incident, now I can't see it happening. You play the game ultimately

Ya, when the game is played between the lines, the Bills could trot out there without any practice this week and crush us just with raw talent.
Their offense is truly the antithesis of ours. They just play with instinct and talent, loose and crazy - and they're hard to stop.
We over-plan, over-scheme, over-pressure, over-coddle, over-think everything and can't get out of our own way to score.

I disagree. Hurts had a nice year,kinda like Tua- both surrounded by talent.
But Hurts is not in tge same class as Mahomes Allen or Burrow. Not even close. I don't believe Hurts is capable of coming from behind by double digits late in a playoff game. Those other 3 are. So is Brady,Rodgers and Herbert. Philly does have a good defense,so they a chance.
But they'd be the 5th best team if they played in the afc imo.
Its nit just Hurts. Both OL and DL are probably best in league, excellent skill position players and CBs

Maybe all the talk of the Buffs just showing up and obliterating us means that we could flip the script...

Or maybe, what's statistically most likely will happen.

I guess I'll watch and find out

So with the owners officially approving the adjustment to the playoff rules, KAN and BUF with wins this weekend will guarantee themselves home field advantage throughout the playoffs unless they face each other in the AFCCG, in which case they would play at a neutral site. KAN of course still gets the one bye. However, there's still much incentive for BUF to secure the #2 seed, an easier WC opponent, and if they have to face CIN then it will be @ BUF. Forget the patches, they already have all the motivation they need.

So with the owners officially approving the adjustment to the playoff rules, KAN and BUF with wins this weekend will guarantee themselves home field advantage throughout the playoffs unless they face each other in the AFCCG, in which case they would play at a neutral site. KAN of course still gets the one bye. However, there's still much incentive for BUF to secure the #2 seed, an easier WC opponent, and if they have to face CIN then it will be @ BUF. Forget the patches, they already have all the motivation they need.

a potential Cincinnati vs Buffalo matchup should be held at a neutral site as well. Cincy could have gotten the 2 seed had they beaten Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes