PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Lions @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
We turn the page and after a tough loss, we are hosting the Lions. A lot of interesting questions, who starts at QB, does Wynn get benched after his worst game as a Patriot. Does Myles Bryant finally get benched?

We are in the stretch of our schedule where we have games that we can win. We started last year 1-3 and pulled off 7 straight? We've been right there in every game, hoping we get on a nice little roll here.

Let's discuss!!!

Last edited:
They're back

template-pic.jpg

We need Mac or a vet QB off the street can't expect to win with Zappe he's just not there yet. And this game is a must win so I'm a little bit concerned.

We need Mac or a vet QB off the street can't expect to win with Zappe he's just not there yet. And this game is a must win so I'm a little bit concerned.
Nobody is getting signed off the street and starting. I'm hopeful Mac plays.

We need this game. Its a tough matchup since like Baltimore, detroit can put up serious points and we are not going to be winning any shootouts regardless of how bad the other team’s d is. Im somewhat concerned here especially if mac cant go again but it is at home so an effort like yesterday’s may be enough.

From what I've been hearing, don't think Mac is going to play. The bigger question is does Hoyer come back? As @signbabybrady said, Zappe isn't ready yet but we may not have a choice.
There's no official new concussion rules, but unofficially I'm sure there are. Hoyer may not be allowed to play.

Don't know these guys, but I'm guessing their not the A, B, or C team:

The Lions are scoring a LOT of points. Goff actually looks serviceable.

They scored 45 without their two best offensive players too.

Will likely be a street fight like our game yesterday, and the team that scores last, wins.

The moral victory yesterday feels like the Bucs or Cowboys games last year. And the feeling is the same now; moral victories are great. This one is must win territory.

I'm actually not as down on Zappe as most here. He was the definition of raw and, if the defense can continue to play reasonably well, I feel like this team has a chance in most games. Taking GB to the wire in Lambeau does say something good about the team, even if the final result was pretty disappointing.

The Lions can be had, but we're going to have to force some turnovers again to keep the game manageable.

Let's try and treat our fellow Patriot fans with a little respect. I hope that's not asking too much.
Sure no problem. Did you say the same thing to him in the other thread?

Don't know these guys, but I'm guessing their not the A, B, or C team:

You don't know Jonathan Vilma is? See 18:15...it's from the Saints blowout of the Pats from 2009. But you are correct, we are not getting one of Fox's top broadcast teams in this one

Sure no problem. Did you say the same thing to him in the other thread?
No, those two words have never come out of my mouth. lol, at least not on these boards.

I have said "stop it" a few times on there though.

The moral victory yesterday feels like the Bucs or Cowboys games last year. And the feeling is the same now; moral victories are great. This one is must win territory.

I'm actually not as down on Zappe as most here. He was the definition of raw and, if the defense can continue to play reasonably well, I feel like this team has a chance in most games. Taking GB to the wire in Lambeau does say something good about the team, even if the final result was pretty disappointing.

The Lions can be had, but we're going to have to force some turnovers again to keep the game manageable.

Pretty much exactly where i was with this team last year. I know we can do better. Only difference is mac’s injury though think we need him back soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back