PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice report (11/19): Siliga returns; Jones Fleming absent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack Herron

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 6m6 minutes ago
Sealver Siliga returns to practice. Chandler Jones and Cameron Fleming were missing from the walkthrough.

He is eligible to return Sun vs. Detroit. They will need to make a roster move (Walker?) when he is activated.

Last edited:
Pats would not typically play someone who has only just started practicing - so I would not expect a return vs. Detroit. They have, what, 21 days? Would expect at least an entire week of practice. No emergency this week requiring Siliga's return.

But a good sign; good news; better depth. Hopefully he and Jones are ready for the playoffs and can contribute a bit down the stretch.

Walker is the most likely balancing transaction. Jones would be the scariest.

Not surprising that Fleming is out. Too bad, because he was so effective Sunday night. Clearly his best game. He was down a while and seemed pretty uncomfortable. We've seen a number of players eventually walk off the field but miss a season, so that was no indication that it was minor. Best wishes there.

Pats would not typically play someone who has only just started practicing - so I would not expect a return vs. Detroit. They have, what, 21 days? Would expect at least an entire week of practice. No emergency this week requiring Siliga's return.

But a good sign; good news; better depth. Hopefully he and Jones are ready for the playoffs and can contribute a bit down the stretch.

Walker is the most likely balancing transaction. Jones would be the scariest.

Not surprising that Fleming is out. Too bad, because he was so effective Sunday night. Clearly his best game. He was down a while and seemed pretty uncomfortable. We've seen a number of players eventually walk off the field but miss a season, so that was no indication that it was minor. Best wishes there.

Case in point, Tom Brady walked off the field under his own power in 2008. Hopefully he's alright, but this late in the year every injury is nerve-racking.

heineken-walk-in-fridge-2-o.gif

I'd expect Siligia back no earlier than against GB. Lions don't have a very good run game, so we can gradually work him back in.

With Siliga back, Pats can continuously rotate fresh DTs. Also, I just realize how humongous Alan Branch is when he lines up next to Wilfork.

My sense is that the reaction above is what we will see here when and if Dobson ever dons a uniform.

So, those 37 catches for 519 yards and 4 td's never happened last year?

Glad to see Silgia back at practice. Even though our run defense has been very good lately, you can never have too many big guys up front. I would expect to see Casey Walker let go.
Too bad about Flemming though, hopefully he'll be ok for Green Bay. I'd expect us to throw more against Detroit anyway, that's there weakness.

Stinks about Flemming..played great...but like others said...this will be a pass more type game then a run game luckily.

More depressing report:

shalise manza young [emoji818] @shalisemyoung
those who have been asking about Chandler Jones: source said today patriots are hoping he'll be back for postseason

I am happy to read that. No reason to rush him back for the three division games. Have him ready and fresh for the playoffs.

It was unrealistic for him to be ready for GB, and since the team goes directly to SD I assumed that he wouldn't be there as well.

If everything goes well maybe he gets a few snaps in the last two games to shake some rust.

What I love about Siliga's impending return, coupled with the addition of Branch, plus having Vince back healthy along with Chris Jones who looks like he took a step up from last year: It's clearly a 'once more unto the breach dear friends' thing that will keep the ugly 2013 'beaten in the trenches' a much less likely scenario from this DL.
Hey, if we don't win at least it isn't likely to be because the DL got manhandled -- put another way it's going to take one hell of a nasty OL to come away having dominated this DL.

I'm looking forward to see what the patriot's D can look like on 3 and less than 1. teams frequently run but something tells me they'll be going to the pass most often.

What I love about Siliga's impending return, coupled with the addition of Branch, plus having Vince back healthy along with Chris Jones who looks like he took a step up from last year: It's clearly a 'once more unto the breach dear friends' thing that will keep the ugly 2013 'beaten in the trenches' a much less likely scenario from this DL.
Hey, if we don't win at least it isn't likely to be because the DL got manhandled -- put another way it's going to take one hell of a nasty OL to come away having dominated this DL.

I'm looking forward to see what the patriot's D can look like on 3 and less than 1. teams frequently run but something tells me they'll be going to the pass most often.

....against the New England secondary????

Go right ahead! :D

I'm loving this defense. Not enough was made about how they held Luck and the Colts to 20 points in their track house.

FWIW, the Globe today cites "a league sources" as saying Fleming has an ankle sprain. (No link, read it on newsprint with my morning coffee.)

....against the New England secondary????

Go right ahead! :D

I'm loving this defense. Not enough was made about how they held Luck and the Colts to 20 points in their track house.

And really the defense held them to 13. They were put in a terrible position at the end of the 1st half and their other TD they had to convert on 4th and 1 to get a 1st which Bradshaw was almost stopped and then they had a Tackle catch the TD which a Rookie from a DII school just was too green to make a play on because clearly his main assignment on that one was don't let Luck out of the pocket.

Last edited:
More depressing report:

shalise manza young ✔ @shalisemyoung
those who have been asking about Chandler Jones: source said today patriots are hoping he'll be back for postseason
After initial reports of 4-6 weeks, this is discouraging, but hopefully he can make a playoff appearance even if situational. Imagine what this defense could look like with Jones' rush on the outside in passing sets. I wish him an uncomplicated recovery.

After initial reports of 4-6 weeks, this is discouraging, but hopefully he can make a playoff appearance even if situational. Imagine what this defense could look like with Jones' rush on the outside in passing sets. I wish him an uncomplicated recovery.

Actually, the initial report, repeated by every reporte, was about a month, from Shalise M Y, hence my post.

Besides the "hit the dart board" guesses, I've yet to see an actual report of the injury.

Good thing is that in the injury report Fleming is listed with an ankle injury, not knee. I thought they picked his knee on that play. Not that ankle is something light, but I was afraid of a season ending injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft