Status
Not open for further replies.

deroc5050

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ravens
Broncos on the Road
Miami on the Road

Hopefully we have home field wrapped up by week 17 and we don't need to play Miami in Miami for home field advantage like we did last year.

The Jets suck this year but we still have to play them twice

I was thinking 13-3 before the Seattle loss at home. But we could realistically end up 11-5 with the way our D has played.

I was thinking 13-3 before the Seattle loss at home. But we could realistically end up 11-5 with the way our D has played.

giphy.gif

Ravens
Broncos on the Road
Miami on the Road

Hopefully we have home field wrapped up by week 17 and we don't need to play Miami in Miami for home field advantage like we did last year.

No we couldnt

Ravens
Broncos on the Road
Miami on the Road

You mean the D that (discounting a garbage time TD by Buffalos backups vs our backups) allowed 17 or less 6 straight weeks before Seattle?
Yeah they have really been playing like a D that would struggle to get Tom Brady to 4-3 against teams with combined records of 28-38. This board amazes me.

Realistically we should win all remaining games with the closest to a tossup being @Denver. Everything else should be a win unless we give a game out of our hand through sheer stupidity, ineptitude or start backups.

You mean the D that (discounting a garbage time TD by Buffalos backups vs our backups) allowed 17 or less 6 straight weeks before Seattle?
Yeah they have really been playing like a D that would struggle to get Tom Brady to 4-3 against teams with combined records of 28-38. This board amazes me.
"amazes" not quite the verb I'd use

12-4 and #1 seed in AFC

Realistically we should win all remaining games with the closest to a tossup being @Denver. Everything else should be a win unless we give a game out of our hand through sheer stupidity, ineptitude or start backups.
Yes, the Patriots are better than every team left on the schedule, better by enough to account for HFA in away games.
But the better team doesn't play better every game, so they could lose any of the 7.
I see this stretch as preparing to peak for the playoffs.
SF and the Jets are weak sisters on the road.
Rams should not be competitive but they do offer some areas of challenge.
Baltimore is not a very strong team, but there is history, so a sound drubbing would be a good ramp up to the run to the post season.
Then @Denver could be a huge confidence builder.
After that BB better not take the foot off the gas in the final 2 weeks. In week 17, the only way starters should sit is if they blow the game open and the subs come in because its out of hand.
After a pathetic limp home last year (the real reason for the AFCCG loss) the goal this year should be to peak. An upset over the next few weeks would be no hindrance at all if that happens.

considering how god damned dramatically devastated most of the forum was after losing on a goal line stand to one of the best teams in the league, you better hope we never lose another game.

Dolphins are playing very well. The Pats always struggle down there.

If the game has a bearing on seedings, then yes. If it doesn't, then they shouldn't.
I disagree. They will have a bye in week 18. Having the team peaking at the end of the season, confident and in sync is worth a lot more than a week of rest.
As is say every year the issue is not just sitting out the game, its 2 straight weeks without preparing for and play a football game. History shows that is more significant of a detriment than the potential injury.

If the defense plays like they did against Seattle, the offense turns it over twice, Brady throws no tds, and the defense/st get no turnovers the Patriots could lose EVERY GAME LEFT ON THE SCHEDULE...not saying they will, but a -2 to ratio and crappy defense usually equals a loss

I disagree. They will have a bye in week 18. Having the team peaking at the end of the season, confident and in sync is worth a lot more than a week of rest.
As is say every year the issue is not just sitting out the game, its 2 straight weeks without preparing for and play a football game. History shows that is more significant of a detriment than the potential injury.
Like 2014, when Gronk, Edelman didn't play...Brady didn't play much...lost to the Bills. Don't remember how that season worked out...

I see these losses coming up; 49ers lose, Jets lose, Rams lose, Ratbirds lose, donkeys lose, Jets lose, and the Fish lose. Revenge tour back on track....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes